.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, January 01, 2007

Of Hangovers and Resolutions...

And so we begin anew....

I might have chosen to begin 2007 without a hangover... considering the fact that it has been at least 15 years since my LAST hangover. (and I had apparently wrongly assumed that that one WAS my LAST hangover) BUT... about the time I had my son pop the cork on my SECOND bottle of wine last night, I guess I was making a concious (if somewhat inebriated) choice to begin 2007 with a hangover. And so here I am. And if you choose to comment to whatever blithering verbage comes sneaking out of me, please speak softly. Thank you.

So... My intention today was to make some resolutions this year. But in all honesty, I didn't choose these resolutions as much as they have chosen me. And I really only have 3 of them. You may find it a bit strange, but I have really been "debating" with myself about which order to put these resolutions in... but maybe if I explain as I go... you'll see... (c'mon... you can not really expect me to speak coherently today...) Okay... here they are!

1. I want to tighten my relationship with God this year. (see? I debated putting this one second -- because my relationship with Him is already QUITE good ... but then I figured that He should ALWAYS come first no matter what, soooo... yea.) I have some very personal issues that I really NEED Him to be IN on this year... and I NEED to hear Him LOUD and CLEAR! So... this is the part of our relationship I want to tighten... I want to reallllllly put my listening ears on... and I'm counting on Him to really speak CLEARLY on these issues! (and if y'all wanna toss some prayers my way that my comprehension skills increase, you should certainly feel free!)

2. I definately intend (and am already resolved) to lose at least another 60 pounds this year. (see... I was thinking that since I'm pretty darned SURE of this one, maybe IT should be first... but it shouldn't -- because God has been my workout partner all last year... I guess I'll keep Him around for that too this year! Hey... He's a great partner -- always looks out for me - never lets me get hurt!) I haven't gotten on the scale yet -- but it's possible I MAY have to go back and re-lose about 4 or 5 of last years pounds! December was NOT a good month! (especially the last two weeks) In addition, fitness-wise, I want to spend more time working on my upper body this year. The lower half is doing really well... the upper half really needs a LOT of work! So those are my fitness goals.

3. This one has only become important to me recently -- and it's entirely due to the past year's living situation -- but I have GOT to de-clutter my life! With six of us living here, I am finding that once "treasured" items are now becoming "hated clutter". For real! I am ready to just toss every useless little nic-nac I have laying around! I'm ready to toss books and teddy bears! I'm honestly ready to toss the pets and the family and the furniture and just live in an empty box! It's getting ugly... I hope I don't throw away anything that REALLY is important to me. I've done that in the past and then kick myself in the head for it later.... *sigh*

So there we have it. My New Year's Resolutions for 2007! And they are down in writing ... and they are on the web... for ALL of us to go back and look at in January 2008! Boy, if THIS doesn't make a body stick to their resolutions, I don't know what will! But then, the whole point of a resolution is to BE resolved to do it. Resolve sort of makes things happen!

Did you resolve to make any changes this year?

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
Now... just for fun...
I found this over on Hootin' Anni's blog
and just couldn't resist to find out who I am!

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Royal Highness Melli the Sardonic of Melbury Bumpton
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

13 comment(s):

Making resolutions??? Hmm!! Well this is exactly WHY I never make them...I think IF you make them it is the same thing as WANTING to BREAK them SO I don't MAKE them...does that make any sense at all? Well, it does to me. I know in my heart what I want to do and to NOT do...I guess I just don't announce it..smile!! I do know one thing that I will say...I am going to lose this last 22 lbs...someway..somehow!! I am not giving up now. My dad is doing better so I feel better about this new year starting off!! What an end to the old 2006!! I hope your day will straighten out once your head gets straight again...Next year remember too much WINE makes you feel lousy the NEXT day!! Try my green tea instead!! ha!! Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 1/01/2007 3:57 PM  

Hi Melli,

Decided no blogging for me today, but wanted to stop by and see what you were up to. (**whispering softly...**).

Try some tomato juice, Melli...it works wonders on a hangover...

I appreciate all your resolutions. No. 1 is always first with me too. I've wavered alot about my faith over the years and when I got married in 1998 I really re-evaluated my relationship with God. It wasn't very good. I mean, he had always been there, but I kept straying. I decided to read my Bible more, pray longer, go to church more often and be nicer to people rather than be so judgmental. And you know what? It works. Now I'm definitely no "saint". I still say and do "bad" things at times, but bringing God back into my life was the best thing I could have ever done. Decisions come easier for me, my life feels in order, and I just feel relaxed and better about things in general. You gotta believe in something!

Sixty pounds? You can do that walking on your hands. I wish you lots of luck...

Clutter! One of my pet peeves! With trying to sell this place and moving to Florida (hopefully?), I've managed to clean out every cupboard and closet in this house and gotten rid of lots of stuff we never used....most of my collections are in storage and I'm not sure I'm going to set them all out again once we get into another house. Sounds like tough love, to be sure, but you're right that sometimes SIMPLE IS BEST!

Happy New Year, dear lady!

By Blogger Unknown, at 1/01/2007 5:35 PM  

NOPE...could not keep the big hat at Garrett's party. That was for him to wear while they sang to him then he wanted it OFF!! I put it on because ...well because someone needed to wear it!! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying for DAD!! He is so much better now...Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 1/01/2007 6:36 PM  

My goals are much the same...I call them goals instead of resolutions...things I would "like" to do...
I love the walk aerobic CD by Leslie Sansone...she includes God honoring music and speach...I think I will get it out tomorrow because I have been a glutton all weekend...argg!!
God first always!!
Have a happy new year!!
:-D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2007 7:18 PM  

These are excellent, and I'm so impressed with your current weight loss. You're right--December is tough.

My Monday Memories this week are about the Supremes--sort of.

Happy New Year.

By Blogger Norma, at 1/01/2007 7:21 PM  

I love your resolutions, Melli!! I'm all about #3...DE-Cluttering!! I've been doing that gradually over the past three or four weeks and I find it freeing. I actually took FIVE loads of JUNK to Good Will just before Christmas. Now, I'm doing that with my Christmas stuff. I am doing it a room at a time...

And really connecting with God through listening is much harder than it looks sometimes. It's that listening thing that makes it hard.

I've said a prayer for you today.

Have a BLESSED New Year!!

:-) Susan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2007 7:46 PM  

Melli - Great resolutions! I hope you can find room for the pets and family. You're my exercise idol!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2007 10:35 PM  

Happy New Year! May you have a wonderful, happy, healthy and prosperous 2007. God keep you safe and blessed with good things.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/02/2007 11:23 AM  

Happy New Year *Im whispering for you he he he*
good list of resolutions hope 2007 is sucessful for you my friend

Im trying to stick to this plan this year www.oneyearbibleblog.com I so want to read the whole bible I start but *blushes a very bright red* have never the whole bible

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/02/2007 3:46 PM  

Well, I guess the one day a year you're allowed to have a hang over without any regrets, is just NY. Right? (Schhh.... I was having one too...)

Ah, so you have come to that edge of throwing things. We've been there all fall. Have come a bit on the way, but still has some big tackles to do.

We've been reasoning: if we haven't used it in a year, why keep it? But then, we're living compact living too, so we don't have a lot of space to dump things...

Why don't you join our Tackle It Tuesday? That what's kicked my ass to finally get going... *lol*

My NY resolution:
Kiss power to the people

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/02/2007 7:56 PM  

Feelin' better?? Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 1/02/2007 8:14 PM  

I can't think of anything else to say but ooooooh and ahhhhhh over the new blog design. Wow! Very YOU!

I'm listing all my resolutions in my thursday 13 this week. :)

By Blogger Carmen, at 1/03/2007 8:38 AM  

Melli....you've set your goals this year with style. I see absolutely NO blithering verbage.

And I wish you luck. On the 3rd one...I can so relate to that. For me, it wouldn't be the teddy bears tho. LOL It would be the clutter of all that have moved back with you ---I know, I know, that sounds cold -- I come from a very VERY large family, where there was always a huge group and loud--I grew inward and wanted peace and quiet---I found it later in life and I so enjoy it. But really, I don't think it is THAT cold hearted. Granted, I love family and all--but busy life wears thin also, and quickly tires you out. There comes a time in one's life that you need a life of your own! Now again, I don't mean ALONE, I just mean quiet time with minimal noise. But then again, knowing you, you thrive on "busy-ness".

And I hope by getting everything that is clutter to you...well, I just hope it will help.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/03/2007 8:50 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home