De Ja Vu All Over Again!
YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!
I can't believe it either!
I can't believe it either!
After JUST posting YESTERDAY about the wild and woolly ice storm of 1994, I woke up this morning to NO POWER and another icy winter wonderland! Good GRIEF! Thirteen years and one day later.... heeeeeeeere we GO again! (once again, all pictures can be clicked to enlarge)
This was the view up my driveway this morning.
This was the view up my driveway this morning.You can see, we didn't have any *snow* with this ice storm -- it was all just freezing rain and sleet. Quite a different look from the '94 storm -- but JUST as chilly... and no hot coffee this morning. I was too lazy to go dig through the basement for the camp stove! Figured I'd hold out until supper time!
A view into the woods -- ya really need to make it BIG!
It's GORGEOUS!
This is my little plum tree... I sure hope it makes it!
These two little guys were NOT too happy about this whole situation today!

I scattered some seed out on the ice for them...
they were MOST grateful for that!
A little later in the afternoon, it got a bit warmer, and the wind picked up. This wasn't a GREAT situation -- but it WAS interesting! I really wish I could have audio recorded it for you ... it was AMAZING! The ice falling off the trees and hitting our roof sounded very much like a stampede of cattle... or perhaps even buffalo! It was verrrrrrry LOUD!
This is right out my front door.
As you can see - NOW it looks like we've had snow!
(but just in spots!)
Here's a closer view of some of the CHUNKS!
I'm wondering how many dings and nicks I'm going to have on my car when this is done.

Here's just one more picture of the bushes on the side of my house.
It just fascinates me how they look ENTIRELY different when they're coated in ice.
(even though it's clear!)
Today's storm was not NEARLY as bad as the storm of 1994. I wasn't sure this morning though -- while the power was OUT, you just don't know!!! But this afternoon when things started to melt, I HOPED that the power would come on sooner rather than later -- and it did! (obviously -- I'm HERE!) Krysti actually slept through the entire power outage. Derek wasn't so fortunate. He kept wandering downstairs to make SURE that his computer still wasn't working. Then he'd *sigh deeply* and wander back upstairs! Poor thing. Freedom had the right idea --
She stayed in on the heating pad all day!!!
A view into the woods -- ya really need to make it BIG!It's GORGEOUS!
This is my little plum tree... I sure hope it makes it!These two little guys were NOT too happy about this whole situation today!

I scattered some seed out on the ice for them...they were MOST grateful for that!
A little later in the afternoon, it got a bit warmer, and the wind picked up. This wasn't a GREAT situation -- but it WAS interesting! I really wish I could have audio recorded it for you ... it was AMAZING! The ice falling off the trees and hitting our roof sounded very much like a stampede of cattle... or perhaps even buffalo! It was verrrrrrry LOUD!
This is right out my front door.As you can see - NOW it looks like we've had snow!
(but just in spots!)
Here's a closer view of some of the CHUNKS!I'm wondering how many dings and nicks I'm going to have on my car when this is done.

Here's just one more picture of the bushes on the side of my house.
It just fascinates me how they look ENTIRELY different when they're coated in ice.
(even though it's clear!)
Today's storm was not NEARLY as bad as the storm of 1994. I wasn't sure this morning though -- while the power was OUT, you just don't know!!! But this afternoon when things started to melt, I HOPED that the power would come on sooner rather than later -- and it did! (obviously -- I'm HERE!) Krysti actually slept through the entire power outage. Derek wasn't so fortunate. He kept wandering downstairs to make SURE that his computer still wasn't working. Then he'd *sigh deeply* and wander back upstairs! Poor thing. Freedom had the right idea --
She stayed in on the heating pad all day!!!






15 comment(s):
Great shots - couldn't get over the frozen look over every thing.
Hope your plum tree will be OK.
By
Typed out, at
2/14/2007 4:42 PM
That is so nice that you fed the little bird! Your pictures are really beautiful! Cute Freedom!
By
Anonymous, at
2/14/2007 4:45 PM
The bigger pictures are great!! That is a lot of ice. Stay warm and I think Freedom has the right idea.
By
Anonymous, at
2/14/2007 7:19 PM
When I read your post the other day and looked at your "ice" pictures...I thought, "Wow, I paid over $100 for my family to see trees like this at the ICE sculpture exhibit this winter...and she gets it for FREE!" Now with these pictures added, I'm sure your picture may be more spectacular in some ways.
I'm sorry you're cold and the storm hit...I'm glad though, that you can find the beauty in it. The picture with the little bird is just beautiful.
Thanks for the Valentine's wishes Melli! I had fun doing that...and you are "quite" a poet!!
:-) Blessings and Hugs!!
Susan
By
Susan, at
2/14/2007 8:26 PM
Oh my! It sure looks really cold there. Brrrrrrr!! It down in the low 20's here. It was suppose to snow today, but it didn't. I can't wait to get back to warmer climate.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the valentines.
By
Anonymous, at
2/14/2007 8:46 PM
Melli, sure glad that you got your electricity back on today! I knew that you would be very happy to have it back especially back by nighttime!! At least you had a fire to keep warm. Just think of some of those people who did not have that to keep them warm1! WOW!! I have been cold all day!! Your pictures are really pretty especially when you see them enlarged too. Sandy..nice talking to you today
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
2/14/2007 8:55 PM
Wow, that's some storm. It is quite beautiful though. I loved the bird pictures, I thought you said there were no chickadees by you. I hope the bad weather has ended. Happy Valentine's Day.
By
Unknown, at
2/14/2007 9:37 PM
I wanna be that cat ;-)
Another ice storm, quite unbelievable yes! Must be a very strange experience with the ice cracking everywhere.
By
Anonymous, at
2/14/2007 9:44 PM
Chickadees are so fun to watch, little balls of motion. i'm glad they made it to your town.
By
Unknown, at
2/14/2007 9:53 PM
Glad you're safe and re-electrified.
By
Anonymous, at
2/14/2007 11:02 PM
The cat resumes it all ! when there are troubles they sleep. Your garden looks wonderful, very romantic, but the fact not to have any coffee in the morning would put me in a v e r y bad mood. Good for you that the power came back quite quickly. I have seen other parts of the States fully covered with snow, terrible!and we here are almost in spring !
By
Ingrid, at
2/15/2007 8:43 AM
It's pretty....but I just couldn't live in that!! I'm so like a lizard. I'd need a hot sunny rock!
Freedom has the right idea. LOL Isn't that cute!!!!!
By
Hootin Anni, at
2/15/2007 10:22 AM
Fantastic photo's!!!!
the birds are super!...but I'm with the cat! lol
By
DesLily, at
2/15/2007 11:29 AM
Hi Melli
Glad you got the power back, Ice Storms are pretty but do big havoc. I like the picture of the Chickadee, I was reminded of how my Dad could have the Chickadee's land on his hand and eat seeds from his palm. Your Cat looks really happy.
Hoping you have a wonderful weekend
By
Anonymous, at
2/16/2007 9:43 PM
Loved the ice pictures. Makes me want to bundle up in polar fleece and drink hot herbal tea. Our winter her has been relatively mild. Still, I am SOOOOO ready for tulips and daffodils. Let's all have a weather mutinty and demand we want spring NOW!
By
Belladonna, at
2/17/2007 11:12 PM
Post a comment
<< Home