.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Friday Feast #156

Wanna Play?

Appetizer
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?
Oh, my laundry routine is EXCITING! First, I gather it all up into one great big pile, and then I sort it out into smaller piles - you know - whites, colors, jeans, delicates, towels, etc... then I open the lid of the washer, choose the correct cycle for the pile I'm washing, start the water running, pour in a capful of detergent ... sometimes TWO if I'm feeling BOLD (or dirty)... then I let the washer fill about 1/2 way, and then I drop the pieces of laundry in, one at a time, so they get thoroughly saturated and aren't all clumped together. Then I shut the lid and let the MAGIC begin! And it's SO much fun that I do it EVERY day!!!

Soup
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?
ROFL! Ohhhhhhhh that was 3 years ago! But now I'm Young-Again! And I plan to stay this way!

Salad
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?
Well... I DO still have the goal to remove 70 more pounds from this body... and ... um... at the rate I'm going right now, I'd say that it is a loooooooong term goal! You did only ask for ONE goal though...

Main Course
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.
The only thing I can think of is some of the beauty that God has placed in this world for us! Some of the morning skies he gives me on my way to work... or things like the Grand Canyon... the ocean... things like that, to me, are just unbelievable! I wonder HOW can such beauty really exist?! But then... I guess all things are believable.

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?
Hmmmm... well... I just woke up and my day has barely started... the coffee is GOOD, so I'll give it a 10 so far! Nothing has messed it up yet! (should I come back later and revise???)


Labels:

18 comment(s):

First here's what I added to your comment on my blog---

* * * Melli, dear? I didn't say I didn't dream...I said I don't dream BIG! In other words, I don't dream of becoming a movie star --that's not in the big picture of things for me, but to dream of becoming a mother, that is possible!! See? Ya never know what is gonna be served on your platter for the day in your life...dreaming the impossible just heads me for disappointments...and I strive to be content with the small things.

8/17/07 5:39 AM

THEN---I love the wit in your Appetizer this week. Too funny ---loving the chore so much you do it every day! And, your dessert? Stupendous!! See, just the small cup of coffee can make one happy!!!

Have a great Friday. And don't come back to revise, just keep on keeping that happiness!!!

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 8/17/2007 6:44 AM  

I hope your day stays a 10!

By Blogger Unknown, at 8/17/2007 7:11 AM  

Great feast, Happy Friday!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

By Blogger Annie, at 8/17/2007 7:58 AM  

I am thinking a 10 WILL find its there until the day has ended with the fun you are having how could it be anything else.

I sure do love all your posts of have read but missed back awhile so nice to be visiting you again today.

Lee-ann

By Blogger Pear tree cottage!, at 8/17/2007 8:39 AM  

Great feast!! WOW!! Now I know how to use that thing called a washer with you step by step washer instructions!! thanks so much!! smile!! losing weight Hmm!! I am still trying and trying!! GUESS that is going to be going on FOREVER...just think we will have new bodies in HEAVEN!! YES!! Blessings on your day staying a 10...Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 8/17/2007 8:56 AM  

From one timeless beauty to another...early morning coffee is good. Hope your day only got better.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 8/17/2007 9:08 AM  

You should get an award for having written the best user manual for a washing machine ! Even the most stupid man could probably sort out his laundry now. The only thing you have forgotten is to mention that you have to push on a button otherwise the machine wouldn't work !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 8/17/2007 9:51 AM  

Great Feast!! I think most women have the same goal of losing or maintaining weight. Maybe we should just let our gut hang over our belt like the men. Have a good weekend.

By Blogger Linda, at 8/17/2007 10:01 AM  

woohoo--hope your day stays a ten!! Loved your main course!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/17/2007 10:11 AM  

I love your washing the clothes deal!! How funny!! and for sure you are a 10 in my book!!

By Blogger Talk..to..Grams, at 8/17/2007 11:23 AM  

Great feast and good for you on your salad!! Good luck...Happy FF.

By Blogger Lori, at 8/17/2007 12:57 PM  

What a great FF. Your appetizer had me rolling on the floor. Bwahahaha. Yeah, it's fun alright. I love all your postive answers. You are having a great life and always will with this upbeat attitude you have. Have a grand FF. :)

By Blogger Sandee, at 8/17/2007 1:20 PM  

Wow>.. My friend .. You will always be a # 10 in my book...Have a good day and night. Love ya, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 8/17/2007 4:18 PM  

Hello :) I really enjoyed that feast. My comments were made at the beginning of the day too- and my happiness rating has not dropped :)

By Blogger Susanna, at 8/17/2007 4:25 PM  

Melli, you make the laundry routine sound like fun!!! I like your attitude of feeling young forever! (18 days and counting!!!)
happy friday :)

By Blogger MaR, at 8/17/2007 5:08 PM  

Laundry is not an appetizer. It is one of my least favorite chores.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/17/2007 6:35 PM  

I think you are enjoying that laundry stuff way tooooooo much....
my hubby does ours.. YUKKKKKK

but if I did it,,, actually, when i do it.... that is how I do it.. LOL... Kind of cathartic...

love your feast.. yummm and filling..

You are such a blessing

By Blogger Connie Barris, at 8/17/2007 7:21 PM  

I love your list, Melli. And I'm hopin' it stayed a TEN all day long. Yep, we're in the "do laundry everyday club"...I'm hoping that will shift a bit though as one or two of the boys move out.

Hugs.

:-) Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 8/17/2007 8:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home