Alphabet Photo Challenge - Letter "S" ... and lotsa stuff...
You would never believe -- I had SO many "S" pictures I could use today. I have a gorgeous Seagull ... I'll post it another day. I had some fabulous seashells.... I had a picture of Mom with a Strawberry Shortcake big enough to feed a 3rd world nation... but what did I decide on??? Craziness! That's what! Don't ask me why -- for some reason I just LOVE this picture ....
"S" is for ... shadow!This ALMOST won out over "rocks" for "R" too!
I would have used "rust" - but the rust was NOT
what I was photographing when I took it!
So shadow it is!
I can't help it...
it's just the way I am!
:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sooooooo... we have stuff and stuff and stuff going on! Our UPstairs air conditioner went on the blink last week. I called for service and they are coming today. In the meantime, we got a little over 10" of rain in the past week, and with having the windows open and all... well... SOMEhow we've developed a "musty" odor in OUR walk-in closet of all places!!! Now, Dennis thinks (and it sounds reasonable) that it's in the ductwork... he thinks the insulation got wet when the unit quit working. I'm HOPING that's all it is -- because the only other thing I can think is if we have a LEAK in our roof and some of the ATTIC insulation got wet that way! I think replacing a line of duct would be better than having to replace attic insulation AND repair a leaky roof! At any rate as each day progresses the odor gets worse and right now I don't think I can sleep in our bedroom anymore until it's fixed! It absolutely GAGS me! As a matter of fact, I can barely stand to walk upstairs! ICK!
Our newdirty old man "handyman" is supposed to come on Wednesday to replace our back door and install a storm door! That was a fiasco too.... I had been "window shopping" on line for the new back door I wanted... had a really nice one all picked out. Then we got the price from this guy to do the work - and I got the go ahead to purchase. So I go to Home Depot to get it... well... it turns out the door that I want doesn't COME in a 32 inch door. NORMAL sized entry doors are 36 inches. But the jerk guy who built our house cut corners on the doors -- so the back door and the basement door are only 32 inch. That makes them "special order" for all but about 3 very plain styles! Soooooo... I decided to go with a regular 6 panel door and get a storm door! I've always wanted a storm door anyway -- so now I'll have one! I like the idea of being able to open the back door and let the full light come in! AND I like the idea of a SCREEN in the warm weather! This one has the built in screen and glass so you just slide the glass down when you want the screen, or up when you want the glass! I LOVE it! I hope the dirty old man handyman gets it done in one day. I'm already starting to rue the day we hired him. (Honey doesn't WANT to do these kinds of jobs anymore.... *sigh*)
You guys will not believe this! I had Luz Saturday evening and all day Sunday and ... are you ready for this? ... I didn't even pick up my camera ONE time!!! A whole night and a day and not one picture was taken!!! The family is checking my vital signs! They think I might be in a walking coma or something... I'm fine! We played gaaaaames - oh, did we play games! I had just bought a whole stack of new games to play with Mom -- Kerplunk! and a matching game, and Trouble, and Shoots & Ladders -- all totally appropriate for both Mom & Luz!!! I also got some children's card games! Mom loves 'em -- Luz loves 'em! And we colored and we hoola hooped -- Oh yea - Luz can actually REALLY hoop now!!! YAY! And we played ball and - oh! we went to Walmart to buy a "magic" toothbrush! She is sO amazed by Nana's electric toothbrush! SHE calls it "magic" -- I keep telling her it's just "power" - I guess at 3 power is magic! LOL! So anyway... I was a little disappointed that they don't actually make small electric toothbrushes. We had to get her a regular adult size! But it's "pink" and she's happy! So... you can see -- I had NO time to take pictures! But I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend with my baby girl!
Oh! In case you're wondering... I've totally given up car shopping! I'm just not doing it! I guess when/if my Expedition dies then I'll be forced... but until then - unless Dennis wants to go out and buy me something, I'm just ... done! I haven't actually stepped on a car lot since the "almost" purchase. I think about it sometimes... but then I can't bring myself to DO it!
Our new
You guys will not believe this! I had Luz Saturday evening and all day Sunday and ... are you ready for this? ... I didn't even pick up my camera ONE time!!! A whole night and a day and not one picture was taken!!! The family is checking my vital signs! They think I might be in a walking coma or something... I'm fine! We played gaaaaames - oh, did we play games! I had just bought a whole stack of new games to play with Mom -- Kerplunk! and a matching game, and Trouble, and Shoots & Ladders -- all totally appropriate for both Mom & Luz!!! I also got some children's card games! Mom loves 'em -- Luz loves 'em! And we colored and we hoola hooped -- Oh yea - Luz can actually REALLY hoop now!!! YAY! And we played ball and - oh! we went to Walmart to buy a "magic" toothbrush! She is sO amazed by Nana's electric toothbrush! SHE calls it "magic" -- I keep telling her it's just "power" - I guess at 3 power is magic! LOL! So anyway... I was a little disappointed that they don't actually make small electric toothbrushes. We had to get her a regular adult size! But it's "pink" and she's happy! So... you can see -- I had NO time to take pictures! But I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend with my baby girl!
Oh! In case you're wondering... I've totally given up car shopping! I'm just not doing it! I guess when/if my Expedition dies then I'll be forced... but until then - unless Dennis wants to go out and buy me something, I'm just ... done! I haven't actually stepped on a car lot since the "almost" purchase. I think about it sometimes... but then I can't bring myself to DO it!
So... what did YOU do this weekend?
Labels: Alphabet Challenge







15 comment(s):
Love the shadow, Melli! I had a whole series of strawberries too and then I changed the subject. It's a woman's right to change her mind at the very last minute, lol.
Hope you get that "smelly" problem solved soon. It seems home owners always have something to repair/exchange/update, etc, I know the story!!
Glad you enjoyed your time with Luz, even though there is no pictorial proof of it, lol. I had a quiet weekend and only took a couple of pictures for the Monday memes :)
Happy Monday, by the way!
By
Anonymous, at
5/19/2008 3:27 AM
That's a nice picture ! I of course had to choose Greek Statues ! what else, lol !
Lot of news in your house it's always annoying to have works done. We just had somebody who painted the garden house and cut all the bushes around the garden. My microwave gave up its soul and I have to buy a new one ! Without it I am only half a person, lol !
By
Ingrid, at
5/19/2008 4:05 AM
I love your shadow, Melli. You could also have used it as wrought iron, haha. It is funny how some things can be so awesome in photos that look like nothing in 'real life'. Well done!
By
Anonymous, at
5/19/2008 6:05 AM
Whoof! It is a very nice pikture, Ms. Melli. Bark!
I'm caught up to "Q" done now... and Mom didn't say but she's done "O" & "P" today.
By
Anonymous, at
5/19/2008 6:07 AM
Ewww! I had such a nice shadow myself, and I totally forgot about it!! I'll post it on my Wordless Wednesday! I enjoyed the story on Mom, and playing games, I can understand why you don't feel like doing anything else ...
By
Jientje, at
5/19/2008 6:34 AM
I love the picture - at first I thought it was S for scroll work.
Your weekend sounds very fun.
As for the car thing - I'm driving mine until it quits for good. I'm also waiting for a new batch of hybrids that get over 50 miles to the gallon on the highway. There is no point purchasing something that isn't giving me all that better mileage for all that hard earned cash. It has to be WORTH it. :-)
xo
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
5/19/2008 6:59 AM
Loved the S picture.
Sorry about the smell. I hope it is something simple.
If your handyman is like ours the job may or may not get done.
A pink toothbrush that's electric sounds like magic to me.
By
Dr.John, at
5/19/2008 7:40 AM
Wish we'd get the rain...I'd settle for the musty odor. It rained here for about 20 minutes the whole entire week!! And we're in the tropic zone. Go figure. [I hate to think what it's gonna be like during the hurricane season tho...so I'm not beggin' for rain until November. ROFL!!!]
Oh you betcha...I'd be wanting to check your heart rhythms and I don't know what-all if you didn't use the camera while Ms. L was in your midst!! What gives you wonder?!!!!
Happy Monday dear Ms. Auntie M. Dang...I should now get used to typing Grannie M. :o)
By
Hootin Anni, at
5/19/2008 8:53 AM
When I looked at your picture I saw scrolls for your S.
Why do you call your handyman a dirty old man?
Glad you had such a great time with Luz. The games sound like lots of fun.
By
Anonymous, at
5/19/2008 11:29 AM
Shadow was a great choice! I, too, had a ton of photos picked out, and one of mine was shadow. OC "surfing" was funnier, though.
By
Anonymous, at
5/19/2008 11:45 AM
Love the photo - shadows are one of my favorite - love winter and snow for taking them.
I love the rust, the wrought iron, the scrollwork, the shadow, - very nice indeed.
You sure do have lots going on! Hope everything works out.
As far as not touching the camera -sometimes you have to enjoy the moment and forget about the camera - I think you did just that!
By
Carletta, at
5/19/2008 11:47 AM
Nooooo!!! I want strawberry shortcake!
Sorry you have so much to deal with.
By
Karen Coutu, at
5/19/2008 12:54 PM
That is a neat picture for "S"!
Home repairs can be so frustrating. When we looked at out current house, we thought the owner had done some neat puttering...but as we got into it we realized he didn't quite know what he was doing (Argh!!)
I hope your musty smell can be corrected simply and easily!
What did I do this weekend? Besides laundry Sat. and church-related stuff Sun., I had a pretty lazy time. I felt kind of guilty, but also refreshed, so I guess it was worth it. :) Every now and then you just need some down time.
By
Anonymous, at
5/19/2008 3:59 PM
I liked your S picture! And isn't it the truth about home repairs!! It never ends!! Oh my! It sounds like you had a fun time with Luz and playing all the games!! Love and hugs Grams
By
Talk..to..Grams, at
5/19/2008 7:38 PM
oh, i love your choice of photo!
and gosh, you are one busy girl! :)
By
juliana, at
5/20/2008 2:39 PM
Post a comment
<< Home