*Whew!* I'm Pooped! ... and Alphabet Challenge - Letter G
**Disclaimer**... this rant should be read entirely Tongue In Cheek!!!
Glory be! Babysitting Luz every Tuesday & Thursday is ONE thing... having that darlin' baby girl spend the night for even ONE night is a whooooooole 'nuther story! I'm beginning to wonder how in the WORLD I raised 4 of them, when I can't keep up with JUST ONE now! WHAT happened? I'll tell ya what happened! I FORGOT that when you tell a "3" that tomorrow morning your going to get up and eat breakfast and work on Mommy's Mother's Day present... (which I will NOT post photos of because it would be just my luck that Amanda would actually read my blog if I did!) that she EXPECTS things to happen in just that EXACT order! She doesn't mean we'll eat breakfast AFTER we brush our teeth and get dressed. She doesn't mean we'll wait for Nana's coffee to brew. (and maybe for Nana to actually drink a cup or two...) She doesn't MEAN we'll wait until Nana helps Memaw get dressed for the 3rd time... and she certainly doesn't think we should WAIT until Tammy comes to take Memaw out for the day!!! Nope. SHE thinks it means we will open our eyes, and POP out of bed, (she does not think we should snuggle in Nana's waterbed for a bit...), and run right down stairs to eat a weally weally QUICK bowl of Froot Loops and then start painting! And when Nana says ... "in a MINUTE Luz"... Luz thinks that means REALLY in a minute! She doesn't think that means in a minute AFTER I load the dishwasher or put a load of clothes in the wash! NO! We have a little problem with MIScommunication here! THAT's what's happening! I need to learn to verbalize in MUCH more detail our immediate future plans! But when I saaaaay "Luz, I'm going to make you a hot dog and a pear for lunch and if you eat all that then you can have some chips and when lunch is done, after I clean up the dishes, we can put on your bathing suit and then we'll go water Nana's gardens, and then we can swing for a little while until Tammy & Memaw get back with my car, and then we will go to the beach"... then she says "huh?" and I'm asked to repeat everything I just said... 17 times. And then I ask her if her name is Memaw?! (and she looks at ME like I have six heads...) I'm learning that 3 year olds and 77 year olds are OFTEN much more alike than I EVER thought!!! And I'm pooped! But I did learn something yesterday! I learned that on the EVERY day when I think my house is SO cluttered and filthy, that really it's only mildly cluttered and a bit dirty! REALLY cluttered and FILTHY doesn't happen until Miss "3" is here for two consecutive days and I help her make LOTS of messes but she doesn't give me ANY minutes to clean them up! And on top of that she tracks sand in everywhere! ... Ya know what? I loooooooooooooooooove bein' a Nana! I wouldn't trade it for a million Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae's... with whip & a cherry!
So... what did YOU do while I was busy? Huh?
Oh, and by the way... Wordless Wednesday's will ONLY be done on this blog if I have nothing to say! Today I had too much to say! Wordless would totally not qualify! So go on below for my "G" photo -- it's almost as good as a WW!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Alphabet Photo Challenge is being sponsored by
Quilly at Quilly's Pacific Paradise.
Come on and PLAY! It's fun!
G is for... Greasy Grill... with Grass in the background!
(okay... not terribly creative... but accurate!)
I was Bizzy! Gimme a break!
The Alphabet Photo Challenge is being sponsored by
Quilly at Quilly's Pacific Paradise.
Come on and PLAY! It's fun!
G is for... Greasy Grill... with Grass in the background!(okay... not terribly creative... but accurate!)
I was Bizzy! Gimme a break!
Labels: Alphabet Challenge







17 comment(s):
MMMMM, that picture makes me hungry. I hope it tasted half as good as it looks!
By
Robert, at
5/07/2008 1:39 AM
I am gettings scared !!! all my friends around me, once they are grandmas are becoming mad ! The once who had principals in raising their own children and sometimes were even quite severe are now completely nuts and slaves to their grandchildren !! and I will probably follow in your footsteps ! Oh my (big sigh*) how can I prevent that ????
I am coming over for your grill ! I am just in grill mood !
By
Ingrid, at
5/07/2008 1:39 AM
The grill looks great!
I'm hungry.
And I knew all along you were going to end that rant by telling us you loved it.
By
Anonymous, at
5/07/2008 1:50 AM
Hi Melli,
I just returned from a visit to my granddaugher and I babysit her while her Mommy worked. I'm like you - what did I do back then with my own. But also like you I love her to pieces and love being "Grammy".
Greasy grill is making me hungry!
I loved all your alphabet photos so far - I'm glad I'm back and can continue playing along too!
By
Carletta, at
5/07/2008 1:59 AM
How did you raise 4 of them? Sorry to say this, dahhhhling, but you were younger :)
I know from my mom how tiring it is with a little one at home for a visit but she also loved my niece's visits!
Your G is delicious! (and so full of G's, lol) Well done, Melli, you even found time to blog!
Happy Wednesday to youuuuu
By
Anonymous, at
5/07/2008 1:59 AM
So really, what did you do yesterday? ....I'll wait.......didn't you just post about unrealistic expectations at the May Day Festival? Seems like Luz is related to you after all! Come on, you know you wouldn't trade a second of it.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
5/07/2008 8:19 AM
Mar -- OUCH! That really hurt Mar! Amanda keeps telling me I am NOT old! As a matter of fact - she says I am NEVER allowed to GET old! LOL!
By
Melli, at
5/07/2008 8:25 AM
Good morning Melli,, We will never get too old to love our grands..I keep telling Fred that we need to move to Atlanta to be around the little ones.. He is a stuck in the mud and will not move... Maybe I could live in the mother- in law suite at Julie's and visit him every week-end..LOL.. sounds like fun to me. From yesterday's post, my mom's does not blog or own a computer..
Hugs, Baba
By
Baba, at
5/07/2008 8:40 AM
My mom always told me "It takes a youngster to raise a youngster"...I used to laugh at her, then I became a grandma, and realized that there is truth in those words!!! She was right.
Oh, and I DO RECALL Irene timing me on her wrist watch for the "one minute"!!!!! Should've never taught her to tell time. LOL
By
Hootin Anni, at
5/07/2008 9:13 AM
So, let me get this right. You were busy yesterday???? Did I understand that correctly?? Just checking!!!
The food on the grill look delish!
By
Jane, at
5/07/2008 10:33 AM
Well when you have something to say this is what blogging is all about right? Now you know how tired it makes me to keep two grands for 5 days!! I was really ready for them to go home. Over night is something completely different, isn't it? I am on your side. I think being older just is the difference AND it has been a long while since we cared for little ones. They are a lot of work..WHEW!! Boy do I know where you are coming from..
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
5/07/2008 2:07 PM
Melli, That was SO much fun to read!!! I loved it!! I was 40 when I had Kelly and my daughter Carrie had Brandon!! Babies together is something else!! So by the time she had all her kids I was about 48years old and I had a 8 year old my self!!!
Looking back on this I don't know how We did it!! Carrie is 18 years younger then me. I tried to keep up but it was hard!!! Loved your post!!! Love and hugs Grams
By
Talk..to..Grams, at
5/07/2008 3:10 PM
G is also for Grateful Grandmother... and it sounds like you are.
I've been trying to get my mind off food... and you show this Gorgeous Grill... make my tummy Growl!
By
Anonymous, at
5/07/2008 3:55 PM
Whoof!! Woofenderful post. Fur H are you gonna serve Hors d'oeuvre? Bark!!
By
Anonymous, at
5/07/2008 3:59 PM
Whatcha got cookin' on the grill there, Melli? It looks good!!
It sounds like you had a busy couple of days. Hope you'll have time for some rest and relaxation soon.
By
Karen Coutu, at
5/07/2008 6:24 PM
YUM!!! I wonder why I didn't think of that since I love to grill :)
By
Minkydo, at
5/08/2008 2:34 AM
wow, a tripple treat!
By
juliana, at
5/08/2008 12:17 PM
Post a comment
<< Home