.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins.... Addictions... and stuff...


#98

1. Please feel free to invite me to lunch!

2. When I polish furniture I can't help sniffing it occasionally.

3. My favorite thing to cook is soup or stew.

4. Time alone with Luz is something I can't get enough of.

5. That's the thing I love most about being a Nana.
6. Stupid mistakes I make always makes me think to myself, what the heck?

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Krysti coming home & Dennis bringing home fresh caught fish for supper, tomorrow my plans include a slightly new look in the powder room
and Sunday, I want to PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE God! (not that I don't every day - but it's just BETTER at church! Especially in song!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AmberStar had this meme on her blog the other day about revealing our top 5 addictions of the moment. I'm pretty sure I can come up with 5 addictions... so here we go! I'll do them in backward order...

5. (let me make sure I get this right) Sugar free, Sodium Free, Calorie Free, Caffeine Free, Naturally flavored, sparkling water beverage. LOL! I kid you not! You don't wanna know what IS IN it ... and neither do I! But it's great stuff!

4. Praise Music. Yes... I seriously AM addicted! And this shouldn't be a problem except that I have this little fetish. I like to have ALL of my praise music available to me at the touch of a button. Now, for a long time I only had 5 praise cd's and so my 6 cd changer in my car was PERFECT! 5 slots for MY cd's, one slot for Luz's children's songs, and we were good! But over the last year I have collected some new artists and some new favorite cd's and I can't have them ALL in my changer --- so now I find myself needing like a 12 cd changer - but I know that even if that were possible in another year I will probably need and 18 cd changer.... and OY! See? I want the NEW stuff IN the cd changer -- but I don't want the OLD stuff OUT. It's a problem.

3. Photography. This is nothing new... I know. And ya know what? I'm not even a GOOD photographer! And I don't care! I just like a camera in my hand at almost all times, and I like to capture family happenings AS they happen ... but as my children so often point out... if I'm a moment too slow, or the camera doesn't function quickly enough... then I can often be heard to say "do that again!" *blush* I get glared at a lot!

2. BLOGGING - Duh! All of YOU out there have made ME have a NEED to come here and visit every day, several times a day... mOSt of the day... -- and I have to tell you, the more of YOU "you" become, the more time you are taking out of my day!!! I'm not sure what to "do" about this... but something's got to give, so ... I'm praying on it! I know I'm not "employed"... but I still have a LIFE outside of the computer... ya know? And I'm pretty sure God wants me doing other things SOMEtimes!

AND MELLI's NUMBER ONE ADDICTION AT THE MOMENT - and hopefully forever after...

1. JESUS! Who I THANK for giving me the means to enjoy all my other addictions -- and who works in SUCH mysterious ways as to even bring me friends from alllllllll over the world through a silly little machine on my desk! Friends that I can share my photographs with, while I sip my NATURALLY flavored beverage and listen to my praise tunes! How can I NOT be addicted to someone who blesses me so??? Yep! I'm addicted! And I pray there NEVER be a cure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooooooo... Yesterday was one of "those" days. I've become rather used to not having to be out of the house early by ANY stretch of the imagination... Like, as in Mom & I generally make it out of the house by maybe 11:00 or noon! That is of course IF we get out of the house! (while I was painting we rarely got out!) So yesterday morning I had to be OUT the door by no later than 8:30. This is SO not me. I'm usually workin' on my 2nd cup of coffee about 8:30! But, we are still battling the itty bitty flea, and if I want to WIN, I had to get Jewl & Kitty up to the groomers for drop-off between 8:30 and 9:00 -- and that meant I had to be out! And so I was! (because I DO want to win!) And we came straight home after dropping them off, to find that the cleaning people had already arrived and were trying to clean my kitchen even though I still had DISHES in the sink!!! And one was cleaning the powder room that I had not yet changed the kitty litter in!!! They don't normally come this early. They ALWAYS start UPstairs in the bedrooms.... So I don't know what went wrong ... but it was one of "those" days! *shrug* We got it squared away! I sent them upstairs to work so that I could get MY part done and then we switched! When they were all done cleaning, I woke Derek up and told him we ALL had to get out of the house - cuz I was fixin' to BOMB the joint! And that I did! Derek & Mom & I went to Bob Evans and had some breakfast, and then to Walmart to pick up a few things. You have to stay out of the house for 2 hours after you set off the bombs, and when we left Bob Evans we still had an hour to go. It's EASY to kill an hour in Walmart - ya know that? Shoot! Mine isn't even a SUPER Walmart, but just one time around the store through all the aisles and an hour just slips by! We came back to the house after the designated 2 hours - but this was only to run in, (don't breath) open windows, turn on fans, and run out again! Then we had to get lost for another 30 minutes! So as we were driving back OUT I looked down and noticed that my tank was ON BELOW empty! Whoooo hooo! Okay.... From my house to the high priced corner gas station (the one with the Cow on the roof) is about 6 miles. I think I jussssssssst made it! My tank is a 16 gallon tank. I put 15.74 gallons of gas IN my tank at the corner gas station! (at $2.04 per gallon) That was a bit scary. I don't ever let my car get THAT low on gas ... but today was one of "those" days. I later found out that gas in Savannah is down to $1.79 a gallon! Whoa! Then we had computer issues... After I let Derek take the kitchen computer up to his room, we needed to install Dennis' helicopter flying game on MY computer... so Derek and I have neeeeearly identical computers. hehehehe.... yea... nearly. The brand new video card that Dennis had bought to make his game work in Derek's computer doesn't FIT in my computer. So I ordered a new video card FOR MY COMPUTER. It doesn't fit either. I call the company and thank them for their timely shipment and delivery but explain that the board doesn't FIT - and of course, they don't know WHY -- it's the ONLY board they carry for MY computer. Yep... it's one of "those" days! It is backwards to what it needs to be to fit. I dunno... do video boards come in "lefts" and "rights"??? The company IS going to accept a return on the board -- even though it's been opened. But first I have to drive up to Best Buy TODAY and see if they can hook me up with a board that is made the way to actually FIT in my computer. I'm hoping TODAY is not going to be one of "those" days! I do know this... I'm finishing my coffee before I go!

11 comment(s):

Maybe Santa will bring you an Ipod for your songs....reckon?

Just hate it when I have one of THOSE days like you had with the computer folks. aie aie aie

My little grand was over tonight and read to me from his school books. They really go fast. There were many pages and bless his little heart he was getting so bored with it and started making up "rules" Like if there was period "You know, gramma that means a pause, so that is when I'll take a drink of my Sprite!" It started getting to be like listening to a reading of War and Peace, but it was heavenly...especially when we did the head butt thing while arguing a point of order about reading. He finally got it read, but not before his dad had to come over and listen to him read. He was having way too much fun with gramma. We almost got into trouble you know.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 11/14/2008 12:44 AM  

The best thing is, after the first misadventure go back to bed and stay safe in there until the day is over,lol !
Tomorrow we have to be at the airport at 4.30 am ! Fortunately we will be checked in before all the others, because Chantal needs wheelchair assistance. As soon as I have internet I'll write from there.

By Blogger Ingrid, at 11/14/2008 12:56 AM  

It can only get better, Melli!!
I am afraid my nr. 1 addiction at the moment is my pc...with blogging and facebook and pictures...
I'd love to invite to to lunch :)

By Blogger MaR, at 11/14/2008 2:40 AM  

I, too, was going to suggest an iPod. I got OC one for his birthday last April. It's still in it's original box. He is dedicated to his transistor radio.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2008 3:04 AM  

Yep, I've had those types of days too. Right now, getting ready for our trip it seems at least one thing a day is going wrong. But....I remain optimistic!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 11/14/2008 7:20 AM  

Melli, your furniture polish sniffing cracked me up! Loved your list, and that little girl is absolutely beautiful!

By Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee, at 11/14/2008 10:08 AM  

Love the smell of furniture polish, too. Sounds like you could use an Ipod! Thanks for playing :-)

By Blogger Janet, at 11/14/2008 11:53 AM  

I am an early riser but rarely ever ready to go and do early, except for running Jesse to school. By that time I've dressed, read my Bible, and done most everything else except have breakfast. Then have to leave a little time for that to digest. :-)

That is a neat meme -- I may give it a try next week.

"Those days" come along from time to time -- I've had one of "those weeks" -- but have to remind myself the Lord is in control.

It is hard to balance computer time -- it's valuable, yet it can cut in to other things that need to be done. I think many bloggers struggle with balance.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2008 3:41 PM  

You forgot one addiction Melli!!
Laughing and having fun!! That's YOU!!
That's why I love to come here!

By Blogger Jientje, at 11/14/2008 3:58 PM  

Sorry you had one of those days. My additions are yours.

By Blogger bettygram, at 11/14/2008 10:21 PM  

Your no.3 "Friday Fill-in" is the same as mine. :-)

By Blogger Gal Friday, at 11/15/2008 12:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home