Good Friday...
Last night we had the moooooost beautiful Maunday Thursday service ever! I say that every year - but they just keep getting better! The choir was beautiful, Pastor read a very poignant version of the Last Supper to us - and again, we washed each others hands before communion. It's just very humbling.
So today is Good Friday... I always find myself wondering what in the world is good about it -- even while I know the answer. But knowing what Jesus day was like makes my heart tremble.
I have a noon service at church today in which we will perform The Passion. And then the Tenebrae Service tonight. I love Holy Week... but I have hard time with Good Friday. I guess I should. Jesus certainly had a much harder time...







5 comment(s):
I always wondered about that, too. I thought "The Seventh Seal" was one of the better movies. "Would you die for Him?"
An easy question with a quick answer, but really...would you if you didn't know Him?
By
Amber Star, at
4/10/2009 7:42 AM
I'm here to send my wishes to you, that you have a wonderful, peaceful Easter holiday.
By
Hootin Anni, at
4/10/2009 8:41 AM
It's almost too overwhelming to think about what He suffered -- but knowing it was on our behalf -- produces some conflicting emotions of sorrow and joy, love and pain.
By
Barbara H., at
4/10/2009 9:35 AM
I once read a doctor's report on death by crucifixion. The agony of it is beyond imagination.
By
quilly, at
4/10/2009 1:10 PM
This is most likely going to sound horrid but all I know about Good Friday is it is a day off from work. But reading all of these blogs I'm picking up on things that I wouldn't ever read and it's enlightening. Who says you can't teach and old dog new tricks LOL
By
Anonymous, at
4/10/2009 4:56 PM
Post a comment
<< Home