.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Friday, October 02, 2009

Friday Fave 5


Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday Fave Five in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. If you would like to play along just post your 5, link back to Susanne and visit her to see who else is playin'!

What a GREAT week this has been!!!


1. One morning this week Amanda dropped Luz off to me for an hour before school. (she had a job interview) Mom wasn't up yet, and Luz and I had a whole hour to ourselves over coffee and cheerios. What a little piece of heaven THAT was!

2. I received an invitation to the OPERA for next Wednesday night! I am SO excited!!! It's actually a dress rehearsal but I don't care! My friend has 2 free tickets to it, and she invited ME! I've never been to an opera before, and this is a Verdi opera - his last... Falstaff. AND ... it's at the Kennedy Center!!! Dennis can't believe I'm excited. He thought I lost a bet! hehehe...


3. Homemade apple crisp! Need I say more?

4. Dennis and Mom LEFT yesterday morning for Pennsylvania and won't be back until MONDAY!!! This is the first time in 2 years I have been without her!!! To say I am excited is an incredible understatement... HE is very nervous about this, and I DO understand -- there are some logistical problems like him not being able to go IN the ladies room with her -- and her not being able to go IN the men's room with him... but if he only stops in small restaurants and not the big truck stops he should be okay. Once he gets to PA all her brothers and their wives are there, so it will all be fine! And I just neeeeed this break! Truly!

5. TODAY, in just a bit, I am going to Virginia to spend the day with Krysti on HER turf! I have NO idea what we'll get into ... but we always have fun! No, I'm not going to KILL her for her little "prank" last weekend... she did get another bout of RIOTOUS LAUGHTER reading y'all's comments though! So glad we could all accommodate her!


I do have a lot going on this weekend... so IF I don't get around to posting or visiting... that is why! But I should be around, at least to visit... Hope you all have a verrry pleasant first weekend of Fall!

Labels:

19 comment(s):

Why wouldn't I make a bet that you wont play a prank LOL. The apple crisp looks sooooo good. How fun for you and Luz. Have fun at the Opera and a grand old time without Mom. I'm still getting a kick outta your scavenger hunt and the nutty photo. Great week you had. Happy Friday :) Aloha

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/02/2009 12:57 AM  

Wow a few days without mom ! that will do you good ! Indeed there is this restroom problem, if it was a child it would be much easier, but in small restaurants I am sure people will understand.
I am sure you will enjoy the Opera ! I have been so many times in the Opera with my parents because they had a season subscrption, when I was a teen and later when married we had to go there when my parents had no time. Therefore I got an overdose on operas and can't hear any of them anymore !! Only some man singing Verdi ! All female singers sound to me as if I had walked on my cat's tails !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 10/02/2009 1:05 AM  

Oh, I'm so glad you have a wonderful weekend OFF DUTY! Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!!
And the opera at the Kennedy Center? Wonderful! :)

By Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova), at 10/02/2009 1:18 AM  

[Looks around] Hey! Where's my apple crisp?

So, what's on your agenda between now and Monday? How much trouble are you going to get into?

By Anonymous quilly, at 10/02/2009 1:38 AM  

I am so grateful that you are getting some time for you!! You deserve a break!!
I love you!

By Blogger Jennifer, at 10/02/2009 8:19 AM  

Apple crisp is going around the blogosphere - I have seen it on about 5 blogs this morning! Good thing I made some last night - at 10 pm - I had a craving - it was satisfied :)

A break is sometimes exactly what we need - hope you have a wonderful relaxing time.

Blessings!
kathie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/02/2009 8:29 AM  

Enjoy your time off :D
You deserve a fantastic weekend, cheers!

By Blogger MaR, at 10/02/2009 8:38 AM  

You and Susanne are causing me to think bout making apple crisp. Haven't done that in ages.

Wow, a weekend without Mom! Enjoy the break! Some places do have "family bathrooms" -- I don't think I have seen them in restaurants, though. Jim had traveled with his mom -- I think in one airport he did ask a lady going in if she would check on her.

Have fun at the opera! A college near here invites some of the local area schools to the final dress rehearsal. It's neat because usually it is a discounted price (it was for them at least -- don't know if it was because they were students or because it was a rehearsal) and the actors get a practice audience.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 10/02/2009 9:55 AM  

Whoa! I'd say you are due for a break for sure. I'm so glad you are getting this respite! You are the 2nd person to mention apple crisp so far. Have a fun day with Krysti!!

By Anonymous ellen b, at 10/02/2009 10:28 AM  

Oh, Melli, you go enjoy your weekend of freedom. I am sure you need it. Your situation is so stressful. i can't image two years without a break.

I love fruit crisps, especially apple.

By Blogger Nessa, at 10/02/2009 10:55 AM  

Melli, enjoy your break. Every caregiver needs to have breaks on a regular basis. Two years is way too long! Pamper yourself!

The only thing more you need to say with homemade apple crisp is "hot with vanilla ice cream". Yum! I have it on my faves too!

By Blogger Susanne, at 10/02/2009 11:15 AM  

Oh, that apple crisp looks delicious with all that crunch and sweetness! I see your #4 is going to be quite an adventure for both Dennis and Mom. Enjoy your break!

By Anonymous nikkipolani, at 10/02/2009 11:41 AM  

I am so glad to hear you're getting a little break. I can only imagine the stress of caregiving...as I have not been there yet. That apple crisp looks simply divine.

Hugs,

Susan

P.S. Yes, my DS 3 IS my most conservative child. He is surprising us all!! Trust me!

By Blogger Susan, at 10/02/2009 12:05 PM  

I've never been to the opera but it sounds like an exciting event. Enjoy!

By Blogger Lisa notes..., at 10/02/2009 1:10 PM  

I'm not too keen on the opera, but I am keen on apple crisp!!

Enjoy your break and enjoy the opera!

By Blogger Jewel, at 10/02/2009 3:07 PM  

Your weeks just keep getting better and better.
I bet you will miss Mom.
Opera! Your excited about going to the opera. Is that even possible? Excited?
Now apple crisp one could get excited over. That's true classical stuff.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 10/02/2009 6:35 PM  

Sounds like you have a well planned weekend, and it also looks like you needed a well-deserved break from care-giving.
The apple crisp looks to die for.
We need the recipe.

By Blogger Marg, at 10/02/2009 9:04 PM  

hope you are having a great weekend.

And that apple crisp looks delicious.

By Blogger Kari, at 10/03/2009 10:38 AM  

I read this last night but my wonky internet wouldn't let me post. You know, with Dennis and his mom gone, you could have come to Hawaii ....

By Anonymous quilly, at 10/04/2009 5:44 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home