.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Random Dozen

Hosted by:
Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee



1. What insect are you most afraid of?
Feel free to post a picture.
I don't like bugs or spiders in general... but I don't really fear them. The one I am most apt to stay FAR away from though is this guy...
The brown recluse spider...
which roams freely in my area...
and is QUITE poisonous!

2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
Wow... I wore a green shirt to church Sunday... *sigh*... I dunno... recycling our newspapers? We're actually fixin' to cancel the newspaper... I'm honestly not terribly green. My bedroom is very green though!


3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.

I do not have one. Thanks for asking!


4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?

I never have... I can't even imagine it. I am one of those people that likes to be EARLY EARLY EARLY for everything! I HATE to be late! I do KNOW someone who's missed a flight though...


5. What do you consider your best feature?

Well, this is just a no-brainer! My naturally curly red hair, of course! Although it was much prettier when I was MUCH younger.


6. What was the last concert you went to?

Hmmm... big name would be Trace Adkins... that was a couple of years ago. Does Steven Curtis Chapman at Women of Faith count? That was last weekend!


7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.

LOL! When my cell phone went off during Pastor's sermon - it was my daughter's ringtone shouting out LET FREEEEDOM RIIIIIIIIIIING by Martina McBride... Oy... I leave my phone IN THE CAR now!


8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?

I'm a singer... but you don't wanna HEAR me!


9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?

He must be tellin' me it's a WARM & Wonderful world I live in! It's about 93 and ssssssunnnny!


10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?

I will more than likely finally go purchase a new stove... and unless God has something else FABULOUS planned for me, I hope that's it. I don't want any BAD news to remember... k?


11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell?
(You must choose.)

Okaaaay... well then ... I'll take the Liberty Bell -- every time!

12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?

Yea... as long as they're both happily married to SOMEone! And they keep it light. I do NOT believe that they can have deep meaningful, BEST FRIEND type relationships without somebody getting hurt... or taking it to the next level.

10 comment(s):

I very much agree with your answer to #12.

Have you ever shown us a picture of you younger red hair? I think you must've, but I can't remember...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2010 8:37 AM  

Ha-I loved your cell phone story...there are worse things it could have been playing : )

I think the word feature made me go right to the physical...maybe if she'd said trait I'd have answered differently but feature to me says physical. My hubs is a red head (well, gray now but he was a red head) so I'm kinda partial to red heads : )

Enjoy your day!

By Blogger Joyce, at 9/01/2010 9:55 AM  

I see around me that man and woman can be real friends, unfortunately I have a lot of girl friends, but I never mangaged to have a male friend,sooner or later they all wanted the same !
I don't sing or hummer I only whistle to get my cats angry !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 9/01/2010 10:34 AM  

I agree with your answer #12, too.

My cell phone has went off during church before, too, once while I was the speaker ... But it wasn't that embarrassing ... I just shrugged it off.

By Blogger Jerralea, at 9/01/2010 11:17 AM  

I agree about the brown recluse. Stay far away!

We love red heads -- although there are none in our immediate family.

Have a great time buying a stove! When I had to do that I wanted to convert to gas as well, but the cost was prohibitive. Wahhh...

By Blogger SouthLakesMom, at 9/01/2010 11:38 AM  

Ohhh I soooo disagree with you on 12 my darlin' and no I don't think one has to be gay to achieve this. Two secure people within their bodies can achieve anything regardless of their sex. :) Rabbit, rabbit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2010 12:53 PM  

That picture of the spider looks scary.

i like to sing too but only if i'm alone so other people don't have to suffer.

By Blogger Nessa, at 9/01/2010 4:33 PM  

I agree with you on the brown recluses. Not a good thing at all. Enjoyed your answers.
until next time... nel

By Blogger Nel, at 9/01/2010 8:59 PM  

The cell phone is funny! I think everyone picked spider today and the worst part was looking at all the posted pictures. Ewww.......

By Blogger Debby@Just Breathe, at 9/01/2010 9:58 PM  

Melli -- I have had a male friend since we were too young to think about male-female type relationships, and we were very close when we were in our late teen, early 20's. Close enough that his mother thought we were a couple and he and I both had issues with people we were dating because they were jealous, but we NEVER had issues with each other.

I just spent an entire day with him the last time I was home. We had a great time. We think of each other as family and that is that.

Do I think such things are common? No. Do I think they are possible. Yes.

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 9/03/2010 2:03 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home