.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, February 09, 2006

For an extremely obese person...

I am in amazing shape! I saw my doctor today. You know how they always say if you're going to start a new exercise program to check with your doctor first... well I take this pretty much to heart. Because of my HEART. The one we're planning to make "happy". Well, according to Dr. W. my heart is already rather happy! He said my blood pressure is 128/78 and that is excellent! And my cholesterol has never been high and that is excellent! He said "You don't smoke anymore, you don't have diabetes, and you have NO indications of heart disease." I told him what was going on, and that I am "somewhat" concerned because a couple of my siblings have had heart problems ... and I just wanted to make sure that MY heart isn't going to EXPLODE when I start introducing it to physical activity. So, he gave me an EKG and he said my little ticker is happily ticking! And then I told him that my daughter (Amanda) complains ALWAYS about my breathing. Seems I breath rather loudly... and somewhat shallowly... and a little to fast. I said Amanda doesn't think I'm very good at breathing... and if I'm exercising breathing might be important. So he said he had never noticed this... but that he would do a Pulmonary Function test and so he did. And indeed, it did show that I don't take VERY deep breathes... but it also didn't show me to have asthma or emphesema. He sent me for a lung Xray, but said I should probably tell Amanda that SOME people just breath loudly. He didn't find anything to be out of "normal" range. I said "so your sure my heart is NOT going to explode when I start exercising?" .... and he asked if I would feel more comfortable if I had a "stress" test. So tomorrow ( because I don't have enough stress in my life) I have to call and make an appointment for my stress test ... and if I survive THAT, then I know I can survive whatever Amanda dishes up for me! Imagine me being THIS healthy - in spite of it all!

1 comment(s):

Oh you are such a smart cookie!! And I mean that! Good girl to go get "checked up" before letting Amanda kill you with exercise. ;) I'm so happy to hear all your stuff is healthy and sound. That's AWESOME!! Which means, now you can start, and Amanda will be relentless! Let me now how your stress test goes. But I bet you a million it will be fine. As I've SEEN you tread water for over 1/2 hour before!

Love you!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 2/09/2006 8:50 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home