.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Friday, April 07, 2006

Continuing The Downward Spiral...

I am working WEIGH too hard for these measely little losses! However... I continue to be happy that it IS a loss -- and honestly... I had two treats this week that were QUITE costly in the calorie and fat arena! Both heavily involved crab and cheese, in the form of a heavenly dip on Saturday, served with fresh baked bread... Mmm... and a "grilled" crab & cheese sandwich on Tuesday! Both were worth whatever excess poundage I might have lost! Stepping on the scale today I found myself down another 1.4 pounds -- and I'll take it! And be thankful for it! In my favor, I have pedalled (pedaled?)(no matter how I spell that word it always lookes wrong!) ... I have pedalled EVERY day and for 45-60 minutes each day! I've also added some lower abdominal exercise to my agenda! So, I'm feeling pretty good and satisfied with myself this week!

I won't be weighing-in with BLC today because I'm not working and don't feel like driving up there! LOL! I just weighed with them on Monday anyway. Then we are off school all week next week on Spring break - so it will be awhile before I weigh with them again.

7 comment(s):

Chandra and I took a "crunches" class once and I do mean once as in we didn't go back there...lol.
I think you are doing great!

By Blogger PJ, at 4/07/2006 5:47 PM  

WooHoo....you go girlfriend. btw...turn left at the bridge and keep pedaling. The ice tea is ready, I'll start the swing in motion!

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 4/07/2006 10:25 PM  

Hello...I don't think I have ever left a comment here before but I want to tell you to keep going! I have been trying for a year now to lose weight at curves. I am a very SLOW loser but have managed to lose 20 lbs and 20 1/2 inches so far!! Just keep it up and do not lose HEART!! I am a friend of Lazy Daisy!! Keep going..Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 4/08/2006 8:59 AM  

Hey Ms. Melli!! Don't be discouraged (well, you're not, actually---you did say you'd take the loss as 'good', didn't you?) Thing is, at least in my mind...you only live ONCE, and tho you're trying your hardest to lose weight, and successfully I might add---eating a special thing once in a while is okay. I THINK SO anyway. As long as you burn the extra calories off...I see no harm!!!

YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/08/2006 9:25 AM  

Slow but steady wins the race! :) You're doing awesome.

And you DO have to treat yourself now and again, to the good stuff, otherwise you'd go crazy!!

You're doing great!

By Blogger Unknown, at 4/08/2006 9:47 AM  

Hi Melli!
Just bought the book, "French woman don't get fat". She was also on Oprah. She writes that it's ok to have a cookie or chocolate once in a while, just find the balance and don't stuff yourself. Eat one less slice of bread instead. Sounds smart - huh? But Dr. Phil also has a great book about creating a fail-safe environment to losing weight, not dieting.
hugs
LL

By Blogger LibertyBelle, at 4/09/2006 11:22 AM  

OH man I'd opt for crab and cheese over a 1/2 pound weight loss too. :) Good for you - that scale is still showing progress in the right direction. You are doing great!! Don't stop!!!!

By Blogger Barb, at 4/09/2006 2:53 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home