.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Today Is a GOOD Day!

I saw Dr. W today for a follow up after my most recent pulmonary function test. I told you when I had it that all of my numbers have gone UP -- he was THRILLED about that! And of course I got on the scale... No changes since Friday - but I've dropped 15 more pounds since HE last saw me! He was THRILLED about that too!!! He was especially thrilled because most people GAIN weight taking the antidepressent I'm on -- but I reminded him how hard I WORK to overcome that obstacle! He laughed and told me to keep on keepin' on! THEN he drew blood and ordered a mamogram for me! UGH! He just HAD to do THAT!!! I asked him if he'd come along and get a "testigram" ... he laughed and said NO WAY! Yea... right! So... I haven't set up that appointment yet - but it gives me something to look forward to. ::rolls eyes::

But! In the spirit of "keepin' on"... I AM beginning my Pilates/YOGA class tonight! I went out and bought my little yoga pad to lay on today. It's purple! I'm excited! I really have NO idea what pilates are and I'm still wondering why they are pronounced pill-LAH-tays instead of pie-lets like the guys who fly... but perhaps my instructor will have the answer to that for me! (or not) Anyway, all I know is for a half hour I will be exercising my "core" muscles, and then for the next half hour I will be doing some super stretches! Ahhhhhhh! I LOVE to stretch and have been wanting to take a yoga class for quite awhile! I'll let ya know tomorrow if I STILL love it! hehehe...

12 comment(s):

What a great day!! I've been invited to go do Pilates and I don't have a clue either. (Maybe I should Google it?) I've taken to "dancing" .. yes, cutting my living room rug as exercise for 30 minutes a day while I watch Spongebob Squarepants.

It is doing something for sure, because I am hurting all over!

Keep on keeping on Melli! You're inspiring!

By Blogger Margaret, at 9/27/2006 5:58 PM  

You will love Pilates. It will make you sore and you will wonder why. I took it and it is very goodet for you. You will be bending (with time) in ways you never thought you could...let me know how you did..

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 9/27/2006 6:11 PM  

My daughter and I have a pilates tape and I just wasn't that thrilled with it, but then she couldn't do the yoga one :) We have the Billy Blanks workout tape, too. We are both working out at the gym now. Hope you love both the pilates and the yoga. I love the stretching...and also that my daughter wasn't as flexible as I was *evil grin*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2006 7:52 PM  

Mellie - Your doctor must be loving you, not many people are able to lose weight. I've done Pilates, it's similar to yoga, the name is the most mysterious part of it.

By Blogger Unknown, at 9/27/2006 9:27 PM  

I haven't done Pilates either, but everyone I know that's tried them loves them. AND I'm going to call them Pie-lets, henceforth.

By Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert, at 9/27/2006 11:35 PM  

Great doctor's visit. Way to go! You are amazing girlfriend. Hope you enjoyed the class and have found a whole series of new muscles!

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 9/28/2006 12:08 AM  

I'm glad you're doing good and the doctor is pleased. Great job you're doing, keep on doing it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/28/2006 12:31 AM  

you're doing so awesome. you go girl!

Yes, that is my 35th birthday present, my very first boob squishing. Men would never do that. I am soooooo not looking forward to that. :)

By Blogger Carmen, at 9/28/2006 7:03 AM  

That is awesome! Sounds like a really encouraging doctor's appointment. Congrats.

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 9/28/2006 9:38 AM  

That is super great Melli! I love the stretches too; it feels so good. You're gonna love it(Yoga/Pilates)! :=)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/28/2006 10:31 AM  

I've never tried Yoga, but I do Pilates all the time and I love it. After doing it for a while, my body can do things I never dreamed it could do. :-) I also go to a stretch class at my local gym, and I swear I'm more sore from stretching than anything else...but I love it. Hope you enjoy your class too. :-)

By Blogger Twyla, at 9/28/2006 12:38 PM  

Hope your class was fun last night:-). Find time to let us know will ya?.
Have a wonderful day!!!

By Blogger Angela, at 9/28/2006 1:53 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home