.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt - Five!

I hope this doesn't count as fifteen!

When I took this picture I had NO idea what in the world I would ever use it for! But... at the time, I had no idea that "five" would be a subject for the Photo Hunt one day! Just goes to show that if something catches your fancy, you should always take the time to photograph it! This picture was taken -- as sOMe of you have probably already guessed -- on my trip to the Corning glass factory and museum in Corning, NY.

Have a fabulous weekend y'all!

Labels:

43 comment(s):

Those are so cool! Funny that you thought you would never need that photo!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/11/2007 9:53 PM  

Wow, and I thought Corning only made glassware for the kitchen like Corelle and Pyrex :) Those are beautiful works of art.

By Blogger bonggamom, at 5/11/2007 9:56 PM  

Melli I think you are wrong the theme today is "celebration" although these gloves are very special but what do they celebrate, lol ?

This little Guinea pig beneath just looks in my coffee is that cute !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 5/11/2007 10:04 PM  

great photo for the theme. My kids keep bugging me to take them to the Glass Factory!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/11/2007 10:05 PM  

Wow. Great that you had a use for that picture--it is too fun to pass up.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/11/2007 10:17 PM  

Thank you Melli ! I changed from IE to Firefox and probably opened the old list ! Didn't even notice it lol ! Fortunately we have each other to pay attention, even if I was wrong !!

By Blogger Ingrid, at 5/11/2007 10:36 PM  

What a wonderful pictures. Many of my pictures where taken for the same reason. I thought it was nice and I thought it might come in handy later.

Love you picture for the hunt. I thought you were not doing it any more and was depressed. I am glad you are still part of the hunt.

Have a great weekend Melli and Happy Mothers Day to you.

By Blogger barman, at 5/11/2007 10:41 PM  

That is completely awesome!! Have a great week.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/11/2007 10:47 PM  

Those are fascinating. I'd love to know how they made them.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/11/2007 11:00 PM  

That is so unique!! Wouldn't that be fun to have in your home?!

By Blogger Shawna, at 5/11/2007 11:05 PM  

I still haven't been there!

By Blogger Unknown, at 5/11/2007 11:37 PM  

Oh, I LOVE that picture...how cool!!! I love the colors and the design...I wish I had that at home! :)

By Blogger Jennifer, at 5/11/2007 11:49 PM  

Those are pretty cool! I would have taken a picture too! I played this week!

By Blogger Michelle, at 5/12/2007 12:52 AM  

Wow, I love your take on "Five." Those glass hands are beautiful art. You're so right. You just never know what photo might land on this scavanger hunt. Have a great weekend.

By Blogger Biker Betty, at 5/12/2007 2:42 AM  

Wow - how cool are those "hands"! Great photo.

Happy Weekend.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2007 3:01 AM  

Oh, those really are amazing. Great instinct to take the shot for unknown future FIVE use!

By Blogger Jenn in Holland, at 5/12/2007 3:55 AM  

Very cool! Those are amazing sculptures!

By Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe, at 5/12/2007 4:28 AM  

No definitely five. Great photo. Happy weekend.

By Blogger Lisa, at 5/12/2007 6:37 AM  

High five, Melli :)

By Blogger MaR, at 5/12/2007 7:02 AM  

That's super keenie, cool!!

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 5/12/2007 7:27 AM  

That was my first idea on this weeks theme..My hand!! GREAT idea because great MINDS work together you know!! Kathy and Charlie just left 8:00 this morning!! We had a great week but we all are very very tired!!
I am going to go get my Photo hunt picture up too just as soon as I get some visiting in this morning. Have a wonderful Mother's day, Melli.
Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 5/12/2007 8:05 AM  

I LOVE this choice for todays theme! VERY COOL!

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 5/12/2007 8:09 AM  

Those are beautiful!I agree, always have a camera handy! I went out and bought a little camera that I always have in my bag with me - and those spontaneous photos are the best of the lot!
happy weekend Hon!
L
mine's up too.

By Blogger LibertyBelle, at 5/12/2007 8:12 AM  

I think they are pretty nifty looking! LOL! :) Heck, blogging is a great way to release "weird" pictures that you really don't "need" LOL!!

By Blogger Melzie, at 5/12/2007 9:22 AM  

Hi Melli. Those are unique and interesting work of art!

Thanks for visiting my photo hunt. My babushka doll is not the athentic one that comes from Russia. My husband found it in a thrift shop. It's not expensive but I still love it. Maybe someday I could get a real one. :)

By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at 5/12/2007 9:41 AM  

This is very fun choice for "Five" :)

By Blogger Leesa, at 5/12/2007 10:00 AM  

Love the colors! What a wonderful conversation piece they would make.

By Blogger JC, at 5/12/2007 10:41 AM  

What I think is so cool is you just took it because they struck your fancy.

By Blogger soccer mom in denial, at 5/12/2007 10:55 AM  

These are cool -- I would like one in my classroom -- think of the discussions!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2007 10:55 AM  

At first glance I tried to make them into little statues of people, and wondered why you thought 3 equaled 5. then I finally saw that they were hands. They are really lovely.

By Blogger Mitey Mite, at 5/12/2007 10:57 AM  

Awesome choice! And I agree I always have my camera with me now, just in case! ... :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2007 11:04 AM  

that's pretty cool. it's amazing the art that can be made out of glass! :-)

By Blogger tapps, at 5/12/2007 11:51 AM  

Wonderful picture of BEAUTIFUL Glass....That Corning Glass place was like a fairyland of creativity in glass, wasn't it? I still remember the things you and your daughter made....!

By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 5/12/2007 12:30 PM  

I really like them, glass can be amazing, I'd most likely break them though

By Blogger letha, at 5/12/2007 1:03 PM  

I love these and the colors are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

:-) susan

By Blogger Susan, at 5/12/2007 2:22 PM  

Hands up for the handsome hands :-)

I'm already looking forward to the cruise stop in Hamburg Sunday :-D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2007 4:05 PM  

WOW those are cool!!!!

By Blogger Sara, at 5/12/2007 5:11 PM  

Those look pretty cool.

By Blogger BenSpark, at 5/12/2007 9:00 PM  

How cool!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2007 10:42 PM  

I was also afraid you werent doing the Saturday Photo Hunt anymore...I havent seen you at mine in 4 weeks! I miss you...please come and visit! Happy Mothers Day to my favorite momma! I send you love and hugs, very special ones, because I havent been feeling too well lately, and am suffering from some bone chilling migraines this last week since I've been home form CA. I think of you always dear friend

By Blogger PowersTwinB, at 5/12/2007 11:16 PM  

At first I thought they were funky gloves on hand forms, but now I see they are glass... unusual to say the least but a great picture! Happy Mother's Day!

By Blogger srp, at 5/13/2007 12:36 AM  

Gosh, there are some clever people around. Nice picture

By Blogger Liz Hinds, at 5/13/2007 12:04 PM  

Funky five times three :)

Thanks for stopping by mine!

By Blogger Teena in Toronto, at 5/13/2007 7:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home