Sunday Seven

Sunday Seven is a meme designed for giving thanks for the big or little things in our lives - or to recognize the positive things going on! If you'd like to play along, please go here -- but don't forget to come back! *S* I like to do MY Sunday Seven's by choosing one thing from each day of the week -- it helps me remember to give thanks at the end of each day!
Sunday - Today was just a niiiiiiiiice normal Sunday! I went to church... it was a pleasant sermon. Got the grocery shopping done afterward, and then just spent the day sort of relaxing... did some pedaling... made a nice dinner... just an all around pleasant sort of day.
Monday - PRAISE THE LORD!!! Mathew got the results of his test/interview for the Elevator Workers Union today! He scored a 93.5 on the interview and has been placed in the 13th position for a job! We expect he will get his job assignment in the next 2-3 weeks! YAY!!!
Tuesday - Pft! Today was busy busy busy! I had to work a morning shift and an evening shift! Both were closing shifts! (this means cleaning... twice!) Luckily I had made a really nice dinner last night and there were leftovers so I didn't have to worry about cooking tonight. It's nice when things just sort of work out in advance! It's sort of like God new today was going to go wacky and so He took care of it yesterday! I love that!
Wednesday - We had some stuff goin' on at work today... my boss was feeling a LOT of stress. It was one of those days when I was very grateful for my positive attitude because I really was able to make her see that the world was not collapsing on top of her, and that things really were going to be okay. I love it when I can be a calming factor like that... I felt like I knew God's purpose for me today... and that is a really GOOD feeling!
Thursday - I met a lady today - signed her up for membership at Curves - Her name is Audrey and she's 76 years old! I can tell you right now that Audrey and I are going to be great friends! She's had neck and back surgery and two hip replacements and she's still a ball of energy and is on the GO constantly! She and her hubby still go camping! As a matter of fact, they are members of a camping CLUB and go regularly with two other couples!!! I was wowwed - to put it mildly! I told her I want to be JUST LIKE HER when I grow up!
Oh... and another little thing... Derek blew out a tire on his way home from the movies tonight. He called me from the side of the road. I was on my way home from Bible study. I asked "Where are you D?" He said "I'm on Rt. 4 right by the bowling alley" ... I was two blocks away from him at a stop light ... heading in his direction! How cool is that???
Friday - Today I was thankful to solve the Mystery of the Extra Set of Keys!
I wish I didn't mind telling really really LONG stories on my blog - this would be a good one! Maybe one day... when I'm really realllllllly bored!
Saturday - I bought a pair of denim shorts last week that I just absolutely love! I did try them on in the store - but I didn't realize then just how comfortable and well fitting these shorts were going to be! Over the course of the week I have come to the conclusion that I need about 6 pairs of them! So I went back to get some, thinking they probably will NOT have any more in my size... and I was really hoping that they MIGHT have them in white too! Guess what? They DID have a couple more pairs in my size! AND they had white ones too!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!! I am happy dancing!!!
I want to wish all the Mom's out there a
JOYous and blessed Mother's Day tomorrow!
AND...
I want to leave you with this song!
JOYous and blessed Mother's Day tomorrow!
AND...
I want to leave you with this song!
I LOVE this song!
Labels: Sunday Seven







15 comment(s):
I need some new shorts, if only I had time to shave my legs...lol.
Happy Mother's Day to you as well.
By
PJ, at
5/12/2007 6:58 PM
I really enjoyed reading your SS. You have a very conversational writing style that makes reading enjoyable. I am thankful with you for such a good week.
By
Joan, at
5/12/2007 7:28 PM
Hey Melli...this is my favorite song too!! I just love it!! I love the words and I simply love just listening to it and realizing that My redeemer lives!! Thanks for posting it for everyone!! Praise God I can see how much you are growing!! Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
5/12/2007 8:22 PM
I love this song! I jack the volume every time it comes on the radio!
By
Anonymous, at
5/12/2007 8:23 PM
Hey babe, I'm back. Did you miss me?
Glad you're week went well.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
5/12/2007 9:18 PM
Happy Mother's Day to you too....I love ya! I'm blessed to have you in my life! :)
By
Jennifer, at
5/12/2007 9:41 PM
An elevator worker? A friend of ours does that & with overtime, makes over $100,000 a year. That's if he's fixing em, not making them go up & down floors.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
By
Anonymous, at
5/13/2007 1:02 AM
I dug through my shorts from last year last night and realized that none of them are going to fit me for this pregnancy!
By
Twisted Cinderella, at
5/13/2007 6:57 AM
Melli, what a great Sunday Seven. I love how God worked in your life and in your family (without them even knowing it!!!). That's kewl!!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song. Thanks for sharing it.
Have a glorious Mother's Day, my friend.
By
Jane, at
5/13/2007 8:16 AM
Good Morning Melli,.....Wishing you a " Happy Mother's Day" and thanks for sharing this wonderful song for me on our day.Love ya... Baba
By
Baba, at
5/13/2007 8:53 AM
Happy Mother's Day to you, Melli. It's a lovely song!
By
MaR, at
5/13/2007 1:49 PM
You know me Melli, I'm quickly passing through again.
Stopping by to wish you a Wonderful Mother's day. I hope you get spoiled on your day.
A blessed Sunday is wished for you.
PS
I liked the song
By
Anonymous, at
5/13/2007 2:11 PM
Melli I once again join you in your taste. I never have heard this song but it's very beautiful and emotional I got romantic ! (Mr. Gattino will hide in the basement !)
Once again it confirms to me that only black people have this special soft, silklike velvet voice. Or if they are wasps they must have a black grandma hidden in their ancestors ! (don't faint!!)
BTW Since ages I wanted to ask you why your blog is named .- ?? and I always forgot. Is it the english (american english) word in steno for Prevailing Insanity ??
By
Ingrid, at
5/13/2007 11:00 PM
Just do like some Bloggers they post at least 3 times a day short posts which all hang together so in total it makes one long post but you have to open comments 3 times. I am a philosophe ! You bought 6 shorts ??? that must again be the big language gap existing between english english and your private english ! I suppose you mean underpants ?? For me shorts are to wear outside in the warm sunshine watching if men are still looking after me or just to show my bottom while working in my garden (not yard) to my male neighbors !
By
Ingrid, at
5/13/2007 11:13 PM
I didn't do my Sunday Seven this week, but I still wanted to come around and read everyone elses.
Nice list. It sounds like a great week. I love the song you shared too!
By
Melanie, at
5/14/2007 8:34 AM
Post a comment
<< Home