.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, July 19, 2007

VBS - Day 4 -- Stone Carving...

Welcome to the Block Plant!
So you all want to be Stone Masons, do you?
Well apprenticeships are now open...
let's see how you do!

Not just ANYone can BE a stone mason!
You have to have BIG muscles!!!

And good AIM!

The BEST candidate will NOT be afraid to get dirty!

Our Technical Institute is open to ALL ages.

If you have an eye for detail...

... and sOMe artistic talent...
We are LOOKING for you!!!
Please apply within!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Hires!


Labels:

14 comment(s):

Those are absolutely breathtaking! And to have pictures of the work of the little ones is something to be proud of. Wow, I'm in awe, Melli.

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 7/19/2007 4:15 PM  

I am proud of you for holding that big nail or whatever that is and letting that little one with the big mallet hammer it down...wow what bravery!! He could as well hit your hand you know!! I bet prayer was added in there too!! smile! I am so glad that you are enjoying this so much. Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 7/19/2007 4:52 PM  

That is SO cool. You are leaving a lasting impression on these children, let's just hope it is a positive one!! (I just love to rib ya!).
I wish I was there to participate, the kids look like they are having a ball....I know you are!

By Blogger Jane, at 7/19/2007 6:10 PM  

Woo-hoo pick me, pick me! I don't have big muscles though! Forget about aim, ( I mostly get aimed at!)
Dirt is not a problem, training might be.

Looks like the kids are really into it.

Gotcha prayed up for tomorrow.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 7/19/2007 6:29 PM  

These children are so blessed by you---I can tell. I love the crafts and the costumes. What fun! And I love that there are so many helpful adults just waiting to bless those little ones.

Blessings...hey I just remembered that I have to go back and read about your visit at Daisy's place...on my way to those archives now.

Hugs.

:-) Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 7/19/2007 8:52 PM  

Melli,
I've been reading about VBS all week and I can't figure out who is having the most fun...you or the kids :)

It makes me so happy to see you so happy :)

See you when you get a little time.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2007 11:36 PM  

Very nice work ! Congratulations. When I see the boy with this huge hammer I fear for your fingers. Your outfit looks great this time you make me think of Mary in a miniskirt, lol !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 7/20/2007 5:04 AM  

Re my smoking : I only started end 1989 when everybody stopped ! Before I never smoked. I think it was my second puberty which made me start ! Now I have to wait for the third and then I will stop or start smoking hash !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 7/20/2007 9:29 AM  

Melli, your posting all week of VBS has been enjoyed by all of us.The kids are so cute and do good work with their crafts.Have a good week-end. Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 7/20/2007 11:56 AM  

Very sweet that you have pics of their carving!

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 7/20/2007 12:53 PM  

That was so neat!! I too hope no finger was smashed ! You and the kids look great!!

By Blogger Talk..to..Grams, at 7/20/2007 1:46 PM  

I see you have fun!!!

Come over and see the hat I picked
out for you ;-)

TRain Glasses and Disco Mix

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/20/2007 3:02 PM  

I remember doing this when I was a kid! I hope they had as much fun as I did!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/20/2007 5:43 PM  

I love the finish products. Each carving is a masterpiece.

By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at 7/21/2007 9:25 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home