.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Seven...


Sunday Seven is a meme designed to give thanks for the BIG or little things in our life. The "stuff" that makes up life... the happenings of your week. God blesses us in SO many ways each week - it's really good to stop and think about it! Gives ya just a weeee bit more appreciation ... reminds you to praise Him! If you would like to play along, make your list and stop by HERE to let them know!

This week I am just going to be thankful for 7 random things...

1. My sense of humor! I honestly don't know where I'd be if I couldn't look at life from the funny side of things. Sometimes you either have to laugh or cry... I'm thankful that mOst of the time I am able to laugh!

2. Auto mechanics (yep) and a husband who always has a different idea than I do! Honestly... I know... sOMetimes this can be a real nuisance! But SOMEtimes it can be a very gOOd thing! When things start to go wrong, I'm good about thinking of a couple of solutions... but sometimes I don't like ANY of my solutions. Fortunately, men do NOT think like women ... and as much as I HATE to admit it ... sometimes his solutions are better. (ugh! Did I really say that???) LOL!
(remind me to tell him I said that...)

3. My twins finally figured out that they LIKE each other! I knEW it would happen one day! I always said it would happen someday! Of course they waited until 3 days before one of them is moving out... Mmmm hmmm... you got it ... they're gonna miss each other! Go figure...

4. Acrylic nails. (okay... I'm allowed a superficial moment occasionally!) I bit my nails for the first 40 years of my life. The past (almost) 10 years I've had "fake" nails! I like them! Without them my nails are short and stubby if they exist at all! But fake nails keep my hands looking pretty and make me feel just a little more feminine... (and that's saying something... cuz feminine is not my strong suit!)

5. A. New. Music. Director. At. Church. Whoooooooo hooooooooo! You have NO idea how happy I am about this! I haven't met him yet -- but I know he's gonna be awesome! I have prayed and prayed and PRAYED for a new music/choir director ... and I didn't pray for just ANY ol' music director! I prayed for an AWESOME music director! This week the email came announcing him! He has awesome credentials and I just knOw it's gonna be GOOOOD! I'm so excited!

6. I'm thankful for good, inspirational books to read until I drift off to sleep at night. I'm finding I like this kind of reading before bed better than "stories"... they sort of send me off to sleep in a good frame of mind, and somehow I think I sleep better. Of course, good "stories" are still required reading for my pedaling efforts!

7.
Did I mention Dennis thinks Pastor Paul is "cool"? I am soooooooooooooo thankful! ;)

*** Just a little post-church update ***

GOD. IS. GOOOOOOOOOD! Our new music director IS awsome! I just have to tell you guys... when I was praying for him, I was VERY specific in my prayers! I asked the Lord to send me an "awesome" director - and I asked Him to make sure our new guy was familiar with Matt Redman's music!!! The very first song he played today was Blessed Be Your Name... and then after service, he did a little private concert for me of 2 or 3 more Matt Redman favorites!!! ~~God is Good~~all the time~~all the time~~God is GOOD!!! Whoooooooo hooooooooo!!! I am just on cloud NINE! The only place better to be than my church would have to be Heaven itself!!!

Labels:

7 comment(s):

Your list put a big smile on my face. Life must be good for you.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8/19/2007 7:04 AM  

Awesome credentials ! Is he good looking ??? that's more important if his music is bad at least you have something nice to look at !
Thanks for your visit on my cruise stop it took me hours to upload the pictures ! Bloogle Glogger has the rapidity of a snail !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 8/19/2007 11:29 AM  

i too love my fake nails too. I have bitten my nails for upteen years and if I dont bite them I just pick at them..poor things. I love my fake nails..proud of them too!! We are trying to get our home looking good for you Blogging babes when you get here. Hope it all gets done. blessing for a great Sunday..Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 8/19/2007 12:26 PM  

Melli, YES God is Good!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/19/2007 3:04 PM  

This is great! He will lead you all in all kinds of great worship songs!
You will love it!!

It you get a minute come over to my blog and see what Karen did for me!!

Blessings, Grams

By Blogger Talk..to..Grams, at 8/19/2007 4:41 PM  

Great list as always, I look forward to these

By Blogger PJ, at 8/20/2007 8:59 AM  

Great list as always, I look forward to these

By Blogger PJ, at 8/20/2007 8:59 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home