Angels We Have Heard On High...
Then the angel said to them,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”
~Luke 2:10-14~
“Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
“ Glory to God in the highest, And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”
~Luke 2:10-14~
One of my many Christmas collections is angels.I do LOVE them! I don't know how many of them I have had over the years... but I know I've LOST way more of them than I retain! My guess is that is because they are just so much more fragile than say hefty Santa's ... or roly poly snowmen! Their delicate little wings take a beating... as well as halos, trumpets, violins, harps... etc... Of the ones pictured above (this year's display) I used to have 3 of the gold wirey ones with the white robe... I had 2 of the clear glass one (playing the violin) - the other one was holding a book and singing... And of the golden teardrops in the front? I had 3 of them - but even since this picture was taken, I have lost another one... I'm down to ONE. It doesn't seem to matter where I set them up either... they've been on the mantle, on the bay window, on large tables and small... the kitties are just as fascinated with them as I am apparently! And one careless sniff can wipe out a wing! Or shatter an entire angel... So, while I have been trying to limit myself to the sturdier ones in recent years, the delicate ones are just soooooo tempting! And yes... angels come and angels go... it's heartbreaking when they leave!
But... it's soooooooo nice to get new ones! I have a group of on-line friends that I have known for many many years now... well, probably about as long as on-line friendships could have existed! LOL! I don't honestly remember for sure - I think it's in the vacinity of 9-12 years -- somewhere in there! Anyway - we are a spread out bunch with respresentatives from the east coast and the west - as far north as Canada and as far south as Texas! We also have TWO who live in Denmark! The last couple of years we have done a "Secret Santa" exchange of gifts... and this year, MY Secret Santa - Cinders - sent me THIS angel!
But... it's soooooooo nice to get new ones! I have a group of on-line friends that I have known for many many years now... well, probably about as long as on-line friendships could have existed! LOL! I don't honestly remember for sure - I think it's in the vacinity of 9-12 years -- somewhere in there! Anyway - we are a spread out bunch with respresentatives from the east coast and the west - as far north as Canada and as far south as Texas! We also have TWO who live in Denmark! The last couple of years we have done a "Secret Santa" exchange of gifts... and this year, MY Secret Santa - Cinders - sent me THIS angel!
It is from Jim Shores Heartwood Creek collectionand you can see it is the 2nd Jim Shore to be added!
This one is special because she is loving on that kitty -
being a protector - and I do LOVE my kitties also!!!
Cinders - thank you sO much!
She is beautiful - and you can bet she will
hold a place of HIGH honor in next year's display!
While I am sharing angels ...
I might as well also share this one...
I bought this one while visiting theMillennium Theatre last week. I thought
she was very unique and needed to be
in my home... for how ever long she lasts.
*smile*
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Angels we have on heard high
Sweetly singing ore the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains
Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo
Come to Bethlehem and see
Christ whose birth the angels sing
Come adore on bended knee
Christ the Lord the newborn King
Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo
See him in a manger laid
Whom the choirs of angels praise
Mary, Joseph, lend your aid
While our hearts in love we raise
Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
I doubt that I will be on line again before Christmas...
so I really do want to wish all of you the very Merriest Christmas ever!
Be blessed! And bless others!
I love you all!







14 comment(s):
Cinders did GOOD!!! Wonderful gift.
[I've tried off and on since I read about you posting your gift, to get here to view it....but it kept bogging up on 'melantz.tripod'...so went and visited a couple more blogs and came back, and YAY!!! I'm in baby!!!]
HAPPY HOLIDAYS DEAR MELLI.
[I'm sure Krysti'll be home, right?]
What did you get Luz?
Golly it's been a long time since we 'chatted'.
Happy day to you.
By
Hootin Anni, at
12/23/2007 9:08 AM
Merry Christmas, Melli! May your days be filled with blessings, joy and the warmth of God's love.
By
Anonymous, at
12/23/2007 1:11 PM
Melli, I am so pleased that you like the angel. I think she's a redhead just like someone else we know :) Have a very Merry Christmas!
By
Anonymous, at
12/23/2007 2:23 PM
Great and inspirational post - really gives me Xmas spirit!
Love you too and wish you a Wonderful Yuletide or God Jul as we say it in Norway :-)
By
Anonymous, at
12/23/2007 6:32 PM
Merry Christmas Melli. you have some beautiful angels there!! i tell you having only 1 cat is a lot simplier. I think that two can get into more trouble!! I imagine yours talk about getting those angels of yours!! smile.
We are fine and ready for the BIG DAY!!
Love Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
12/23/2007 7:21 PM
If I would have known !! I share your love for angels they have always been part of my Christmas decoration. Santas I knew only in the 80th and I bought a few for our son who loved them. Both angels, the one you bought and the one your got are beautiful !
We will leave this afternoon for Amsterdam but I put the most famous french Christmas song on my blog. All french speaking people know it and of course I learned it from my son.
I wish you and the whole family a Merry Christmas ! I am curious to know how it was !
By
Ingrid, at
12/24/2007 1:41 AM
Wishing you a Very Very Merry Christmas, Melli...! May your day be absolutely splendid!
By
OldLady Of The Hills, at
12/24/2007 5:15 AM
Merry Christmas Melli!! I hope you have a most wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!
By
DesLily, at
12/24/2007 6:44 AM
They are lovely! Merry Christmas!
By
Anonymous, at
12/24/2007 8:33 AM
Melli...I love you, and will be thinking about you this Christmas and hoping you're having a wonderful holiday! I'm so blessed with your friendship!!
By
Jennifer, at
12/25/2007 1:11 AM
Hi,
I'm just new to Over 50 Bloggers and I thought I'd stop in to say Merry Christmas! Hope 2008 is great!
By
Anonymous, at
12/25/2007 3:16 PM
Oh, I can defenitely hear that angel choir over here :-) Wonderful angels.
I hope your xmas is filled with joy and laughter!
By
Anonymous, at
12/25/2007 3:36 PM
Hope you are still alive after the festivities !
As always when I think the worst would happen we had a real nice Christmas in Amsterdam and "DIL" had made an enormous effort !
By
Ingrid, at
12/26/2007 12:05 AM
I love love love your angels! What sweet gifts you have received.
I pray that Christmas was merry for you and especially for little Luz!
Hugs!
:-) Susan
By
Susan, at
12/26/2007 10:05 AM
Post a comment
<< Home