It WAS a Merry Christmas!!!
(mine wasn't full yet ... I must have been bad!)
I told Dennis that by the time all the kids are married and have families he's
going to have to build a mantel all the way around the living room!
I told Dennis that by the time all the kids are married and have families he's
going to have to build a mantel all the way around the living room!
This was a very WEIRD Christmas though! Our norm has always been that the kids got up at about 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning, we lit a fire in the fireplace, had coffee and donuts and opened stockings, and then moved straight into presents. THIS year, we slept until 9:00 and I finally gave in and let them open stockings when Amanda texted me to let me know THEY wouldn't be here until around 1:00!!! Things were moving waaaaaay slowly at her house!
So, we opened stockings around 11:30... then Derek's girlfriend, Sarah showed up and she opened her stocking... and then Mathew & Carol showed up around noonish, so they opened their stockings... then Amanda & Hector & Luz finally showed up around 2:00!
Finally Amanda and her entourage showed up and we were able to get down to the business at hand! Can you BELIEVE the scene in this house?
Is there an inch to sit down around here? Is there ANY surface that is not covered with wrapped presents??? Goooood grief! HOW did this happen??? (can any one say "Melli, out of control..." ???) Okay... I admit! I WAS bad this year! Verrrrry bad! BUT... the one's who came brought SOME of this too!!!I know you were dying to see some pics of Luz LOVING Christmas... but... the fact is that most of our pictures ended up being of the top of her head as we watched her enjoy Christmas! LOL! See?
Luz enjoys the doll house that was Nana's "MUST HAVE, sweeeeet deal, found at the last minute AND for HALF PRICE!" present! Honestly... I drove Krysti CRAZY hitting every toy store and aisle we came NEAR looking for just the "perfect" doll house. It had to be just the RIGHT one, or I wasn't buyin... I would be happy to find it by Easter! It had to be wood, and it had to be sturdy and it couldn't be too BIG, nor could it be too small... and the fact that this one was PINK certainly helped! But it was just perfect in EVERY way -- and Luz LOVES it! YAY!I have yet to give her the Dora Big Wheel we got her. Honestly, I was amazed that she got through all the presents... she wasn't really "in" to opening them at first... but she got better at it as we went along!
After all the presents were open, we sat down to our very UNtraditional meal of lasagne and salad -- along with a tray of croissant sandwiches from Safeway - because Krysti doesn't "do" lasagne. We also had deviled eggs and I forgot to put out the black & green olives. USUALLY I forget to put out the cranberry sauce!
Krysti's Rick didn't come over until later in the evening. I was actually taking a nap at the time he got here and opened his stocking. I didn't feel too bad though -- Hector and Mathew slept through it too! LOL! Poor Rick... we'll make it up to him another year! At least he and Krysti had plenty of time to visit alone with each other... I'm thinkin' that's probably a good thing! But it also meant I got no new pics of the two of them together. Sorry.
I did manage to catch a cold for Christmas... so I am feeling really rough today. Thankfully, Amanda decided not to go to work this morning and so I have gotten to stay home and rest and sleep and sleep and rest... and that's about all I've done today! I tried to convince Mom to stay in her jammies too... but apparently some habits can NOT be broken and I think the lesson I'm supposed to learn from having her MAY be one of "submission"... sometimes I simply MUST submit to doing things HER way! LOL!
I hope you ALL had a Christmas as happy as mine was!
I'll be around to visit soon... well... sorta soon.
I'll be around to visit soon... well... sorta soon.









15 comment(s):
Awwww....so very glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time. The pictures are great and certainly prove that your day was filled with JOY!
Love ya,
Susan
By
Susan, at
12/26/2007 5:10 PM
Great looking family.
That little girl is the cutest cutie pie!
Nothing like a full house to keep a girl hopping.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have A Merry Merry,
Frances
By
Anonymous, at
12/26/2007 5:52 PM
I am glad you had a great Christmas, MElli. Get well soon!
By
Anonymous, at
12/26/2007 7:15 PM
This was great you had such a wonderful Christmas! We did too! I am sorry you are sick... Hope you feel better soon love, Grams
By
Talk..to..Grams, at
12/26/2007 7:26 PM
What a great Christmas for you with family all around!! I so missed that this year!!
I finally posted!! i am tired but i did one just for you.
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
12/26/2007 9:19 PM
My first thought was they have to enlarge the mantel, lol ! Geez you also have to enlarge your living room it was packed with gifts !! It's a miracle you found some space to sit down. It looks so nice and cosy at your place with all the family around you ! You are very lucky ! My Christmases are also not as they used to be although Dario keeps very strongly on his childhood traditions but of course there are some changements as I also did with my family and not anymore as my parents did. I got lost by the fact that he picked up one gift under the tree and gave it to the person whose name was on it and then we all had to wait until it was unpacked and I didn't know who offered to whom and to whom I should say thank you ! This procedure lasted from 6 til 8 (only for 6 people) while everybody got very funny because of the champagne except I (I don't drink alcohol anymore). I had always open all gifts by one person and then came the next and everybody knew who offered it. But finally these are little details the most important thing is that everybody is happy and enjoys it. I also learned to never look on my watch !!
By
Ingrid, at
12/26/2007 10:23 PM
It sounds like it went well, hon! And the lasagne was about as traditional as our hamburgers, and every bit as delicious, I know!!
Love you!!
By
Jennifer, at
12/26/2007 11:38 PM
Look at all those presents! How fun!
By
Anonymous, at
12/27/2007 3:26 AM
Awww....I'm a big pile of Goo now. Sounds like a wonderful fun-filled family time as it should be. Hope you feel better soon.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
12/27/2007 7:37 AM
Melli, thanks for stopping by!! our weather here is cold but the kids have been out in it riding and riding and riding!! Their mom had to get them some gloves yesterday because they come in with VERY cold hands. So happy that you had a great Christmas.
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
12/27/2007 8:26 AM
it sure looks and sounds like a christmas you won't soon forget!! I do hope you feel better soon. I always hated getting sick on a holiday! and it happened many times!.. I can't say I've ever seen so many presents in one place!!hahaha... I hope you and your family have a healthy and happy 2008 Melli!
By
DesLily, at
12/27/2007 12:20 PM
Oh Melli, Melli.........this all sounds so wonderful. And quite an enchanting, fabulous holiday for all!!!
By
Hootin Anni, at
12/27/2007 5:32 PM
Hi Melli. Nice to see the wonderful Christmas you had with your family. I love exchanging gifts with the family too. Wishing you a promising New Year. God bless.
By
Heart of Rachel, at
12/27/2007 8:32 PM
Just kind of catchimh up on all I've missed, Melli....You had quite a fabulous Christmas my dear...So many presents...! It almost looks like there was no place to sit...lol! But what fun! And, it only comes once a year so why not go all out if that is what you want to do...?
Luz certinly is adorable and didn't she have just the BEST Christmas, too! I'm happy you had such a terrific time, dear Melli!
By
OldLady Of The Hills, at
12/29/2007 12:03 PM
It looks like a wonderful FULL house Christmas! Sorry you caught a cold tho! That's a bummer! Otherwise, what a gorgeous, full home you had! FUN!!!! :)
Happy New Year!!!
By
Unknown, at
1/02/2008 9:45 AM
Post a comment
<< Home