.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ten On Tuesday ... and ... the flower thing

I was over at Hootin' Anni's this evening and found that Ten On Tuesday was finally a list I could handle -- so I decided to play!

TEN ON TUESDAY

Name 10 things you're looking forward to in the Spring.

1. SUMMER CLOTHES!!! (shorts, tank tops, flip flops!)
2. Not too cold, not too hot, just perfect weather!
3. Being able to play outside with Luz!
4. Grass! (as opposed to mud...)
5. Spring showers & Thunderstorms
6. Easter Eggs ... and well... okay... EASTER!
7. Open windows
8. Sidewalk chalk ... okay... sidewalk art!
9. Watering the lawn -- yea... I like that job!
10. Blooms & Blossoms! COLOR in the world!

. . . . . . . and then, I finally took the little flower test... I think I first saw it on Carolyn's blog, and it was also on Anni's today! I chose the daisies - although honestly, I thought I was choosing zinnias - which are usually a bit larger than daisies -- but daisies are good! This is what it said about me:



What These Daisies Say About You



You have a spirt of pure optimism. Your view of the world is eternally cheerful.

You are bold and vibrant. Incredibly striking, you always stand out in a crowd.

You are adaptable and flexible. You can thrive in almost any situation.



Yea.... I'm not sure about that "striking" part! But I do often stand out in a crowd. Usually has more to do with my behavior than my looks though! LOL!


14 comment(s):

Daisies would be my choice, and I'd say that's a dang good description of me.

Now let's see, looking forward to Spring .... hmmmmm ... and how would I tell it from fall and winter here in the land of consistent weather?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2008 2:20 AM  

Oh! My sister, who lives in a state that's been effectively buried in snow all winter, says she won't visit my blog until Spring because when she clicks on my link, the first thing that loads for her is my weather pixie in her sun dress standing beside the 79 degrees indicator.

Pft.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2008 2:22 AM  

Sigh* I wished we were already in spring !!
I choose a flower who says such compliments about me that I don't dare to put it on my blog, lol ! (false modesty)

By Blogger Ingrid, at 3/11/2008 7:59 AM  

I think everybody is ready for Spring!

By Blogger MaR, at 3/11/2008 9:16 AM  

How funny....you chose daisies thinking they were Zinnias and I chose Sunflowers thinking they were yellow daisies. Hang in there babe...the crocus and daffodils are starting to pop...Can spring be far behind?

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 3/11/2008 11:25 AM  

Sidewalk chalk! Yay! Just a thought . . . if you'd just slain a dragon, wouldn't he still have a little steam coming out of his mouth? Enough to toast your marshmallows, surely? lol

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2008 12:00 PM  

Quilly - You have a mean streak to you Quilly! But that's okay - cuz I LIKE my seasons! Some more than others - but I do like to see a difference of some sort! Your sister (is this Jackie?) sneaks peeks - I'm SURE of it! If not she would be missing out on SO MUCH good stuff!

Gattina -- *sighs along with you* -- I wish it were here already too! It's TRYING! It really is!

Mar - Well... on the Northern Hemisphere anyway! I feel so sorry for those going into Autumn right now! But they are probably feeling ready for that too!

LD -- WE do amaze me sometimes! We should SO be next door neighbors... shouldn't we?

BB -- Hmmm... you may have a point! WELCOME to my blog!

By Blogger Melli, at 3/11/2008 12:40 PM  

Hi Melli, One of these days , it would be a hoot for you to come to Savannah and celebrate St. Patrick's Day with green beer and all...Love ya, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 3/11/2008 1:21 PM  

Melli...I am so behind in visiting my friends!! I feel so bad!! I have read several of your posts. i am glad that you found some books to help you with MOM. I just do not know how you do it!! Sounds like little things keep her the busiest!! We are enjoying Brie but I have to work all week...Stupid!! I wish that I could be home with her. She is a dear!! I like your flowers!! Most of that sounds like you to me. Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 3/11/2008 5:59 PM  

Baba -- ya know... I don't DO beer... but then again... maybe I WILL! (today you could twist my arm!)

Floozie -- Ah! THERE you are! I HAVE missed you! You know Flooz... sometimes I just DON'T do it! At least not "right"! TODAY has NOT been a good day!

By Blogger Melli, at 3/11/2008 9:01 PM  

Yep, it was Jackie! How did you know? It could have been Caryl. Or Jean -- although Jean has never visited my blog (to my knowledge).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2008 9:31 PM  

Very colourful!

I played too :)

By Blogger Teena in Toronto, at 3/15/2008 12:08 PM  

I'm a sunflower :)

By Blogger Teena in Toronto, at 3/15/2008 12:10 PM  

Well then, that IS a fun two blog things! I did the flower one. I'm an Orchid... sez this...

You are exotic and intricately beautiful.
You possess a unique grace that's both delicate and strong.
You are thoughtful and refined. You are the definition of class.

K - that makes me sound like Martha Stewart - PRE-prison, which I am not!! LOL! I just like the graceful flowers!

Yours - your choice fits you well. And do you know? Do you??? That I've been tending to, and loving on, a sweet pink Gerbera Daisy? I have it in my kitchen window sill and I'm treating it with kid gloves. They are hard to grow! But I'm patient (uh not) and waiting anxiously for it's first flower!\

Love you!

By Blogger Unknown, at 3/15/2008 10:50 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home