A Needle in a Haystack ...
Have ya ever gone searchin' for a needle in a haystack?
There's one for YOU too!(mmmmmmmelt my little heart!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Around the House...
Today is the last day I have to get things done before Uncle Joe comes. Carpet Man is coming to install carpet in the Amazing Overnight Guestroom we're producing! It won't be much! A blow-up matress on the floor -- but HEY! They're comfortable! At least it will have brand new and pet hair FREE carpet! (the old carpet is a long story best saved for another day...) ANYway... we've been meaning to do this anyway because eventually (now sooner than later) we want to move Mom into this room because it's on the lower level and she won't have to deal with steps! (except on Bath days - which will give her one more reason to despise me on those days!) Anyway... Carpet Man cometh! I've been promised he won't be here until at least noon - so I had planned to run some errands in the morning - but that will now NOT be happening, as my trusty SUV decided it wanted NEW BRAKES today! Why is it you can tool along, tool along for a long long time and then all of a sudden in ONE day your brakes start GRATING like nails on a chalkboard and you can't stand it! Did they grate the day BEFORE yesterday? No! Yesterday? By the time I got to Annapolis to babysit Luz, I thought I was going to DIE! And I still had to get back home again! OY! So I get home and ask Dennis (cuz this is how you DO it at my house) "Honey? When was the last time I had new brakes on my car?" ... to which he replies "I'm pretty sure it was just last year." ... to which I reply... "Unh-unh! No way. But you can take it out for a ride. I think it needs new brakes... " Soooooo he takes the keys and hops in and drives it up to the circle and down to the stop sign. He comes back to the circle, does a few times around, stops at the top of the driveway, gets out of the car, looks UNDER the car, gets back IN the car, comes down the driveway and into the house, and now he's AGGRAVATED! "Your brakes are SHOT!" Hm. Now mind you... I'm supposed to be getting a new car, but he and God and the dealership manager all talked me out of buying the one I wasn't entirely thrilled with - remember? And I've given up looking because I hate car salesmen. (okay I don't actually HATE them... that's much to strong a word... but I do not care to deal with them under any circumstances any longer - okay?) But Honey is going away this weekend -- he's driving Uncle Joe back up to Pennsylvania (after Uncle Joe drops off Mom's car to us -- which by the way means that in just TWO days we will HAVE another set of wheels -- but not in time for me to babysit Luz on Thursday!) Soooooooo Honey talked to Mr. Mechanic and Mr. Mechanic said suuuuuuuuure he could put new brakes on my SUV today -- and so last night we dropped it off and today I'm without a vehicle - with or without brakes! Which -- if you've been paying close attention, means that I have ALL DAY to put MORE clothes back in my closet (I'm washing every bloomin' item before it goes back in there!) and to get bathrooms cleaned and floors scrubbed! Didn't I JUST do this a few days ago??? Maybe Mom will vacuum! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! (well... sometimes she does like to push it around...)
Y'all have a great day! I'll make time to come around!
Y'all have a great day! I'll make time to come around!













13 comment(s):
Hi Melli. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures of Luz. You've captured this happy moment so well. It reminds me of my carefree days when I was a young girl.
I'm very glad that no harm came to you because of that brake problem.
By
Heart of Rachel, at
6/11/2008 5:19 AM
Didn't you have brake issues when you went to Daisy's? You've got to start using the gas and not the brakes!!
xoxo
LBC
PS Luz is gorgeous!
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
6/11/2008 6:25 AM
The pictures you took of little Luz are so sweet !
So your guestroom is ready good to know !
Hope you won't have other things to repair on you car, once it starts it never stops and then it becomes as expensive as a new car !
By
Ingrid, at
6/11/2008 9:01 AM
Is this multiple choice? I prefer picking wildflowers over cleaning house. When do we start?
By
Anonymous, at
6/11/2008 9:46 AM
What a perfect picture of summer!!
The flower-picking, that is. Housework -- well, that knows no season, I guess.
I am sorry about your brakes!! But glad they're getting fixed.
By
Anonymous, at
6/11/2008 10:10 AM
Hi Melli, Luz is so cute looking in the fields for wild flowers..you do have many things to do today before your Uncle Joe comes to visit..my brakes on my car are starting to make noises too...but Fred does not hear it..my daughter heard it before me...well, I am off to lunch with the family.. hugs, Baba
By
Baba, at
6/11/2008 12:23 PM
You said that we were following doing things the same..I am NOT and i say NOT getting new carpet!! There is no way we could afford it anyway. Too many expensive things lately. i am happy for you though. new carpet is always wonderful..Makes you house look like a new home too.
More wheels at your house..Hope you have room for all these cars. smile.
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
6/11/2008 3:09 PM
First and foremost - the pics of Luz are precious and priceless!
And I knew you'd want the hobbit house for her :)
I'm late getting around today but I hope you're day has gone better than expected; but I'll tune in tomorrow to see.
By
Carletta, at
6/11/2008 5:04 PM
Oh that sweet little Luz! She just steals my heart!
By
Maribeth, at
6/11/2008 5:35 PM
Those are such cute pictures.
Glad everything going back in the closet will be clean
Sorry about the brakes.
I have trouble with car salesmen as well.
By
Dr.John, at
6/11/2008 7:08 PM
Those pictures of little Luz are simply adorable!!!
Hope you got a lot done at home, Melli. I didn't drive yesterday at all since the truckers are on strike and the gas stations don't have any gas left! and I have only a bit, just enough to drive around but there is no use going to the store as the supermarkets are slowly looking very empty...oh, well. I should have posted about this but I have been very busy and I knew I could vent a bit here :)
By
MaR, at
6/12/2008 2:13 AM
ooooooohhhhhhhh! these photos are priceless!
phew, house work? count me out.
By
juliana, at
6/12/2008 11:53 AM
Goodness that baby is perfect! :)
Glad to hear about new carpet, but sorry to hear about the breaks! Dang ... figures! Sorry!!
By
Unknown, at
6/14/2008 11:19 PM
Post a comment
<< Home