A Perfect 10! ... and Project Blue
So, Little Luz Estrella had her gymnastics recital yesterday! And because I am an OH SO PROUD Nana, YOU get to see alllllllllllllllllllll of her grand accomplishments! Let me start off telling you that in her FIRST session of gymnastics, she was a wee bit behind the other children... she had to do a little catching up! But in THIS session (only her 2nd) she was the leader of the pack! The instructor kept calling on HER to remind the others how things were done! *gloat*gloat*gloat*... (see me beam!)
But she DOES it, let me tell ya!
Her instructor says she is SO strong!
During her first session she never did get this bitabout dropping on her butt and standing back up -
but she got it now!!! And demonstrated!
And she can drop and go into a forward roll!What a GIRL!!!
Rollin' rollin' rollin'....
A big slide to the balance beam!
She earned her medal!
Ta DAAAA!
Mommy & Daddy are SO proud!(and so is Nana!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Project Blue Hosted by Anna
Take 8
I always thought they were RED!Labels: Projects











23 comment(s):
Ha! Love this blue one...
By
Anonymous, at
6/07/2008 10:28 PM
Out here they're yellow! I don't think the dogs care what color they are...
By
Willow, at
6/07/2008 10:52 PM
Melli you have beaten yourself with these pictures ! A b s o l u t e l y gorgious ! It looks like a photo story ! I would have been very proud of her too, she did great !
With that I almost forgot your blue water thing. Indeed here they are red !
By
Ingrid, at
6/08/2008 1:26 AM
That Luz is a winner! Yay! What a lucky family you are to have her.
And in this part of the world, they're yellow.
By
Anonymous, at
6/08/2008 5:27 AM
Yay for Luz!!
She did great!!!
Hydrants ARE supposed to be red. The new ones they are putting in town are red. That one must have been in the clearance bin!
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
6/08/2008 7:22 AM
Wow! Truly impressive! AND it looks like a lot of fun at the same time! I wish the gym classes back in my school classes would have been like that!
By
Anonymous, at
6/08/2008 8:53 AM
Luz looks like a real pro in those photos. The gym looks like a place that I'D like to play! It's so colorful and has "kid" written all over it.
I've not seen the blue hydrant...ours are yellow with green tops.
:-) Susan
By
Susan, at
6/08/2008 9:23 AM
Luz is one cute little gymnist!
I have to say I love that crayola box mat - too cool.
The fire hydrant is a great find Melli - I'm jealous of this one!!!
By
Carletta, at
6/08/2008 10:19 AM
Luz is so cute and that's a wonderful series of pictures. I never saw a blue fire hydrant before, but it's very cool.
By
Raven, at
6/08/2008 11:56 AM
Fantastic! Way to go Luz!!!
[the fire hydrants here in Corpus are yellow!] I'd much prefer the blue. LOL
Happy Sunday dear Melli!!!
By
Hootin Anni, at
6/08/2008 1:07 PM
I like that! :)
By
Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba), at
6/08/2008 2:54 PM
she's a star!
a blue hydrant? not a common scene here either (yep, most of them are red) but i like it.
By
juliana, at
6/08/2008 2:55 PM
A great blue fire hydrant! I always thoiught they were supposed to be red too! :)
By
maryt/theteach, at
6/08/2008 3:52 PM
Most of our hydrants are yellow although there are a few that were decorated years ago during some town contest.
Your little gymnast is beautiful and the photo story belongs in Sprots Illustrated Junior :)
great shots!
By
Dianne, at
6/08/2008 6:00 PM
Wow! Are you one proud grandma. She does look like she is pretty nimble. I will resist the temptation to tell you about my six year old grandson and his karate exploits.
By
Dr.John, at
6/08/2008 7:17 PM
Luz has won her medal and you have finished the project blue (I guess). Things are going great for you. I thing the ones in Arkansas were blue...so they could find them in all the foliage.
Luz was fabulous doing her routine.
And you were fabulous taking all the pictures and being proud.
By
Amber Star, at
6/08/2008 11:01 PM
She's looking great and I'm sure you're a proud grandma :)
By
Anonymous, at
6/09/2008 12:02 AM
A blue fire hydrant. I love it. So much nicer than the yellow one in front of my house. It's not a very attractive yellow. But your blue one, even with the chipped paint, is great. And such pretty flowers to frame it. Well done.
By
Robert, at
6/09/2008 12:10 AM
It's pretty this way too. I guess you can see them better in a brighter color. I love the chipped paint.
By
MaR, at
6/09/2008 2:29 AM
And congratulations to little Luz, I thought that was another post :)
She is fantastic!
By
MaR, at
6/09/2008 2:31 AM
Wow, look at her go! She is making great strides already.
By
Anonymous, at
6/09/2008 8:39 AM
YAY! You must be so proud. Aaaah . . . to be young and flexible again. LOL!!!
By
Karen Coutu, at
6/09/2008 4:35 PM
Excellent moves Luz! I'm sure you're all very proud of her.
Yohan used to go to The Little Gym and they have those kind of equipment too.
By
Heart of Rachel, at
6/11/2008 5:22 AM
Post a comment
<< Home