Car Shopping... The Saga Continues...
Okay... so my passenger side seatbelt broke in my Expedition ... a few days before VBS. I did NOT have time to deal with this. Now, I don't MIND puttin' Mom in the back seat to travel -- unless I have Luz with me! One time Mom accidentally unhooked the seatbelt that holds Luz's carseat in and I took a sharp left and Luz went flying - carseat and all! Fortunately she was not hurt - and she actually found the whole incident hysterically FUNNY -- but I didn't! Sooooo... I had told Dennis that as soon as VBS was over, I would go "shop" again -- because he was obviously NOT going to shop for my car. Grrrrr....Today Mom & I went to lunch, then the grocery store, and after putting the groceries away, we headed out to look for a car! I had walked out the door telling Dennis (who was cutting grass) to stick around because I was BUYING a car TODAY, and I wasn't going OUT of the county to do it! I would find SOMEthing I could live with IN THIS COUNTY one way or another! Sooooo I headed down to the Toyota dealer - they know me real well down there. For some reason they always have a car that catches my eye - but never pans out. These poor guys are so frustrated with me - because all they ever hear is "I'm in no hurry... I'll wait for THE car." Until today. So today I walked in, I grabbed my sales guy AND his manager and I said, okay - here's the deal guys... I'm buyin' a car IN the county today. There's 3 lots and somebody's gonna get lucky! Whoever offers me the most of what I want for the least amount of money is selling me a car! Now... these guys KNOW what I want! Trust me. And they know they really don't HAVE it on their lot today -- but they try to get me into a Saturn Aura. Now, I LOVE the Saturn Aura! In all honesty I have been COVETING the maroon 2008 Saturn Aura fully loaded! But I hadn't driven it - mainly because it was quite a bit more money than I really wanted to spend ... and I really didn't want to buy brand new! ( I was actually thinking about waiting for the 2009's to come out - and THEN get the 2008!) But the Toyota place had an Aura - a white 2007 with cloth interior. But a very nice car none the less. I agreed to drive it! I am SO glad I drove that car! I HATED it! Actually, it handled really nice -- but I felt like I was in a bottle or something... I dunno... the windows ... the vision... something didn't fit me right AT ALL! It did drive nice though! But when I stepped out of it, my love affair with the Aura was done! Finis! Sooooo the Toyota mgr. told me he had an o7 Buick Lacrosse CXS (white) fully loaded on his Waldorf lot... but that he couldn't get it today. I told him the Buick dealer across the street had a charcoal Lacrosse for a good price! (where do you think I went on my test drive? LOL!) The salesman volunteered to drive over to Waldorf and pick up the car! I agreed to meet them back at the shop at 5:30. On my way off their lot, I said a little prayer... Lord, if this is NOT the car you want me to have, make something happen. You know what my options are. (you know where this is going don'tcha...) On my way home I called the Buick dealer and asked how many miles were on their Lacrosse and if it was a CXS or a CXL. I talk to the sales girl who had met me in the parking lot and I told her straight up - I'm more than likely buying this white CXS - hers was a CXL. But I TOLD her - IF something happens, you'll hear from me before 6:00! (they would close at 6:00 pm) Then I came home to talk to Dennis and look up Kelley Blue Book! Sooooo... at 5:05 Dennis, Mom & I leave to go back down to buy my car! Two blocks down the street my phone rings. It's the Toyota Mgr. He can't get the car! WHY? I ask. It's not on the lot, he says. Apparently, one of the Waldorf managers took THAT car home for the weekend and it wasn't there. They had been trying and trying to contact that manager and they couldn't get ahold of him. Dennis started to turn the car around and I said NO! He looked at me like I was nuts! I said Honey... I knOw you don't believe this... but I prayed! I told God if He didn't want me to have THAT car, to do something! I BELIEVE He has spoken! Go to the Buick dealer - I'm supposed to have that CXL! Again, he looks at me like I've lost my bloomin' mind. But we went to the Buick dealer! And here's my new car!!!

I'm 100% happy with my purchase!
It doesn't have bun warmers and a few of the
other luxuries that the CXS has -
but it has leather seats and God's stamp of approval!
That's PLENTY for me!!!







17 comment(s):
Congrats on your new car! May you have many happy miles ahead together.
By
Anonymous, at
7/26/2008 9:37 PM
The car is lovely! I'm thinking of buying another car, but can't figure what it is I want. Told hubby the other night that since I have osteoporosis I must have a Cadillac CTS...I think it is. :)
I drove a Prius last year and didn't like it. All the controls for a/c and the like were on a touch screen way back in the dash.
I truly think God does talk to us when things like that happen. I'm always saying that God doesn't want me to have this or that, because of the difficulty getting whatever it is.
By
Amber Star, at
7/26/2008 10:44 PM
Glad you got a new care Melli, it is a sharp looking car.
Happy Trails to you, enjoy your car.
By
Anonymous, at
7/26/2008 10:47 PM
I can see you driving a Buick...I love to smell a new car... I am happy for you...I once had a Buick and liked the feel of it and it drove very nicely.My next car in two years will not be a Ford.I would like something different, but no idea of what I will want... Have a fun time in your new car.. hugs, Baba
By
Baba, at
7/26/2008 11:23 PM
What a neat story and great testimony! It's a beauty!
By
Anonymous, at
7/26/2008 11:32 PM
That's quite a story! Congratulations on a beautiful new car!! I'm glad you had a positive experience in the end.
Don't forget to come by my blog to enter in my first bloggy giveaway, Melli!!!
By
Karen Coutu, at
7/27/2008 1:23 AM
Hi, Melli, my blogging friend Linda May passed your blog address on to me as we both seem to be VBS craft ladies. Loved reading your VBS posts for this year. Our VBS is smaller and just as hectic/insane/crazy/joyful/wonderful/blessed.
By
Martha, at
7/27/2008 7:58 AM
God sightings - they are everywhere!
Your car is gorgeous!!!
I want a ride, k?
xo
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
7/27/2008 8:33 AM
Good Sunday Morning Melli!
YES!!! I love the new car of yours. I can't believe the you MIL unhooked Luz's seat belt tho. Oh my oh my. [that right then and there would have told me...yep, it's time for a new car]
You did good. It looks like it's going to be a comfortable ride!
And yes, the seaweed is horrendous here in the Gulf. I think it's mainly 'cause the water is warm year 'round. Has a lot of growing season. :::shrug:::
Have a super great day.
By
Hootin Anni, at
7/27/2008 9:26 AM
So pretty! I love it!
By
Anonymous, at
7/27/2008 9:38 AM
Congratulations !! You finally jumped into the water ! I remember you were already talking about buying a new car when I didn't even had the intention to buy one and then did !!
Looks great, the names of Toyotas and other brands are different in Europe so I don't really know what it is.
But what a birth (french expression) !
I just came back from my Summer Art school tired ! Life with 300 students is hard, lol ! Had a lot of fun and learned also a bit !
I saw your week, see that you enjoyed it very much and you did very creative things !
By
Ingrid, at
7/27/2008 10:18 AM
Congrats on the new car! Gas mileage should be way better than your Expedition. :)
By
Carletta, at
7/27/2008 12:25 PM
Now that's the way to buy a car. It looks like a great car. At least the seat belts will be unbroken.
I've never asked God about a car but it does seem like a good idea.
Thanks for pointing out that I left the valid fact out of today's blog. I have since added it.
By
Dr.John, at
7/27/2008 4:32 PM
Congrats to the new car owner!! You are determined when it comes to buying a car..You want to buy one now!! WOW!! Good for you though. No messing around for this gal!!
We have a busy week ahead with our trip coming rapidly!! So much to do. Have to watch kids tomorrow. So busy busy!! Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
7/27/2008 9:29 PM
A new car AND a testimony to go with it! Gotta love that. I like it. I absolutely HATE car shopping. I want to trade my van in, but keep putting it off.
Glad you found something.
By
Susan, at
7/28/2008 10:23 AM
Congrats on the new car!! Having a new car is not only a blessing, but fun! ;) Enjoy it!
By
YellowRose, at
7/28/2008 7:06 PM
Congratulations on the new ride Aunti M! She's a beauty! Wow, what a change from your Expedition ... it's like me driving S's Taurus. I bet you feel FAST!! :)
By
Unknown, at
7/30/2008 9:24 PM
Post a comment
<< Home