I Stand Corrected!
Darling Daughter Krysti had a talk with me this morning. She told me that I'm blogging all wrong! She told me that I need to start posting my blogs at night after I have completed my day and tell what I've DONE rather than blogging in the morning and telling what I plan to do! Apparently she now reads my blog every day... and she ALSO wishes that I would blog mOre than once a day! ROFL! Apparently my peonic (it might be a word) little life is of enough interest that she thinks I should be able to squeeze a morning AND an afternoon AND possibly an evening post out of it too! She also hasn't been reading the part about where I say I spend TOO MUCH time on the computer already (something she and her siblings have had fits about with me in the past!) and need to definitely NOT post 3 x/day! And besides that... my READERS (yes, you!) mostly come around in the morning! If I posted throughout the day, you all might miss something! (we couldn't have that now... missing something out of my tantalizing life would leave you feeling empty... and confused.) Sooooo, I guess... starting tonight... I will fill you in on the days happenings as they were, instead of as they will be! And then Darling Daughter Krysti will have a little talk with me and tell me "but I never know what you're doing during the day anymore!" You know ... honestly... the FUN part of my life happens mostly inside my head! Just ask Lazy Daisy... she'll tell ya! She's forever askin' me if I'm livin' in my head again! I just tell her... somebody has to. Might as well be me!So... what fabulously fascinating things was I UP to today? Well... I turned the Teddy Bear Powder Room into the Lighthouse Powder Room instead! NO PAINT involved! This was the powder room we officially named "Noah's Ark" at one time because it FELT like 40 days and 40 nights I was painting in there! In reality what should have been about a 3 hour job turned into a 3 DAY job where I completely repainted the bathroom 6 times in 72 hours! Trust me... there's enough paint on those walls! No... I liked the paint just fine... it was the Teddy Bears that needed to go. 22 years of Teddy Bears had been ... just a few too many. So today was the day! Now the BEACH Kitchen and the Lighthouse Powder Room live side by side in blissfully sandy peace... And so now you want to see pictures... but I'm not really ready to show pictures, because ... well... I guess I'll show you some pictures to explain!
THIS is the part that is still troublesome!Because you know... the Teddy Bears need to GO!
But who wants empty shelves sitting there?
So I need lighthouses.
Now I could just go out and BUY some...
but where's the fun in that?
By the way, the lighthouse in THIS photo is the
Drum Point Lighthouse which is located about 25 miles
south of me. It's MY lighthouse.
So Dennis has MADE me this one - and now I need to paint it! While HE makes me two more! And when the bears are gone and the lighthouses are there, THEN the powder room will be done! Or close enough.Aside from that ... I did NOT have to cook dinner again tonight! Whoo hoo! TWO nights in a row! Why (am I so spoiled)? Because Dennis cooked his rockfish last night -- and tonight, Krysti and Jules made stuffed pasta shells for us! And Peanutbutter chocolate YUM for dessert!
I MEANT to get some pics of Krysti stuffin' those shells... but I was busy with lighthouses. *sigh*
And here they are feeling quite proud of themselves!
Poor Krysti wasn't even able to EAT her beautiful meal
because she has been feeling a little bit flu-ish...
*sigh*
Hope she kept those germs outta the shells!
I MEANT to get some pics of Krysti stuffin' those shells... but I was busy with lighthouses. *sigh*
And here they are feeling quite proud of themselves!Poor Krysti wasn't even able to EAT her beautiful meal
because she has been feeling a little bit flu-ish...
*sigh*
Hope she kept those germs outta the shells!












12 comment(s):
Wow, I would say you've been busy in your spare time. Dinner looked good too. Hope Krisiti is much better this morning. Miss you.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
11/16/2008 12:24 AM
That must have been a really nice meal. :-) I just love the beautiful table!
Of course, you know I like the powder room with the light houses. Maybe you need a Sanibel Light House. :-)
By
Tootie, at
11/16/2008 12:48 AM
Kristi is right -- what you've done is much more fun than what you're going to do. As for posting constantly -- get Twitter. Several times a day you just finish the sentence, Right now I am ....
By
Anonymous, at
11/16/2008 2:30 AM
Let them all spoil you!! it seems the girls did a wonderful job.
Love to see the changes in your home, you are so busy!!
By
MaR, at
11/16/2008 3:12 AM
I think you are busy to transform the whole house into another one, lol !
I am sitting now under palmtrees, my mini computer works fine and Internet connection is like home ! I will write a little more as soon as I am a little organized !
By
Ingrid, at
11/16/2008 10:36 AM
Lucky girl.....wish someone would cook for me!!!!
What a guy Dennis is to make you lighthouses for your bathroom shelf. That is SOOO sweet.
By
Jane, at
11/16/2008 2:32 PM
I've seen it done both ways -- previewing the day in the morning or reviewing it at night. Whatever works best for you is fine, I'll be here regardless. :-)
My favorite time to post is later evening so it is there in the morning for whenever people come by, but I don't always get to it. Sometimes I start in the morning, and especially if I don't post until after I've read everyone else, it may be midmorning or later before I post -- then I feel like I've missed some people.
I post more than once a day occasionally, but it would be hard to do that every day. And I think some people miss posts that way -- some people who visit seem to only visit the top post no matter how many have been posted since the last time they were there.
Your bathroom is looking great! I have lighthouses in mine, too, but not as many. We have a veeerrry small bathroom. I used to be big into bears, too, but have scaled way back.
I like the lighthouse Dennis made! I hope you show us a picture of the finished product.
That dinner looks and sounds wonderful!!
By
Anonymous, at
11/16/2008 4:11 PM
I love the lighthouse bathroom.
Have a nice Sunday..:)
By
Anonymous, at
11/16/2008 4:33 PM
I dont know how she cooked if she felt so bad. I would have been laying down someplace and FAR AWAY from food.
you need one of our Tybee lighthouses. I could go downtown and get one for you...BUT well it is a trip and well you might not like it and WELL..you are making your own..Right..Looks good..
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
11/16/2008 4:42 PM
Now I.m reading Saturday on Sunday but it is no less interesting. The bathroom looks great. Dennis is so good to you. When you finish everything you can write a book called " House Transformation" with pictures.
Isn't it good to have people cook for you. You are so lucky.
Oh! The pictures were great.
By
Dr.John, at
11/16/2008 4:51 PM
I love the oval mirror and they way you shot the photo is fantastic!!
bathroom looks great
By
Dianne, at
11/16/2008 8:54 PM
I hope you're not gonna throw away those poor Teddy Bears, now are you!! I LOVE the powder room, I love how you keep everything in the same theme! You're just like me!
By
Jientje, at
11/17/2008 4:40 PM
Post a comment
<< Home