Busy BUSY Weekend....
This weekend was busy like CRAZY! But sooooooo much fun! Saturday "we girls" went out shopping (ugh-- the crowds are WACKO - but we survived!) and got almost everything we need for our "special family"! We shopped for SEVEN hours!!! Now I just have to wrap everything up... but first... I forgot to buy scotch tape! YEP! Gooooooo ME! So I have to run out today for that!When we got home from shopping Krysti decided to make her gingerbread house. I helped by keeping her company. Until I went to bed. She did great -- with and without me! See?
Isn't it cuuuuute?She still wants to put more decorations on the walls...
she will do that when she builds her gingerbread train!
Then Sunday, after church, (which will be a whole post of it's own maybe tomorrow) we did indeed go to see the Santa parade. Luz was a little confused by the whole thing. She kept asking when the parade was going to start! (even after it had!) LOL! Of course... I freely admit that our hometown parade is about the most rinky dink parade in America -- so I can almost understand where here confusion came from! But I think the only other parade she's ever been privvy to was the Geoffrey parade at Toys R Us for Halloween --- and she got to march in that with her costume -- so that might have been what she was expecting this time too.
She really DID enjoy collecting a "goody pocket" full of
candy from the paraders... and of course, Santa rode in
to town on a firetruck! That was pretty exciting!
She really DID enjoy collecting a "goody pocket" full ofcandy from the paraders... and of course, Santa rode in
to town on a firetruck! That was pretty exciting!
Then we came back to the house and visited for the afternoon. Luz and I got into making a star for the top of her Christmas tree, and she and Aunti Krysti got into some face painting!









14 comment(s):
Shopping for SEVEN hours!! That would do me in. It's good to get a good chunk of it taken care of, though. Forgetting tape sounds like something I'd do!!
That's a cute gingerbread house! I have never attempted one. I'm awful in the decorating of foods department.
By
Anonymous, at
12/15/2008 10:46 AM
Hi Melli, Krysti's gingerbread house is adorable!!I have never tried to make one..mine would fall apart...
How exciting at the parade for Santa to arrive by a fire truck.My grands saw Santa arrive by helicopter onto
a golf coarse last week!!
Face painting looks like fun and Krysti wins for the most colorful face..I love Luz's thick and glamorous hair..
Have a good day. Hugs, Baba
By
Baba, at
12/15/2008 11:14 AM
WOW! Seven Hours!!!! You are a shopping GURU! I can't do that anymore.
I love the gingerbread house. Adorable. Luz has the face painting down to an art.....what fun!
By
Jane, at
12/15/2008 11:42 AM
Seven hours shopping ! visit me in my coffin ! The gingerbread house is an artwork ! tell it Krysti !
By
Ingrid, at
12/15/2008 11:55 AM
I could NOT shop for 7 hours..my back would be screaming at me and then give me a lot of troubles by night time!!
Glad you got it all done though. Great pictures..I love seeing pictures. Have you heard from Lazy Daisy lately? I haven't..Hm!!
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
12/15/2008 12:10 PM
That gingerbread house is great!
The parade and face painting look like fun!~
By
Maribeth, at
12/15/2008 12:58 PM
Luz's painting skills may need more development, but Kristi came out beautiful anyway. What a great Aunt!
By
Anonymous, at
12/15/2008 1:38 PM
Your life is so much fun with parades and face painting and everything just for fun. Glad of it, too. However, I think Amanda is a better face painter than Luz, but she will learn the control.
Cool about your family doing all the shopping. Actually I love to shop for people.
My hand is acting up some now after making some macaroni salad for tonight's party. Hubby had to make the brownies. He is going to one party and I'm going to my knitting group party. Going to rest it some for now.
By
Amber Star, at
12/15/2008 3:07 PM
ooopsss...Kristi! Not Amanda...sheesh
By
Amber Star, at
12/15/2008 3:09 PM
Love that gingerbread house and your girls' cute painted faces!!!
Seven hours shopping! I could easily do that too, except crowds scare me, lol!
By
MaR, at
12/15/2008 3:35 PM
I thought Alpha in the UP had the worlds worst parades. But then theirs was on the 4th of July when it was warm.
I like face painting.
Note I left a comment on the Bible Study.
By
Dr.John, at
12/15/2008 7:04 PM
What a fun time. I like the job she did on the gingerbread house. I gave a kit to my grandson. I don't know how it turned out or if they tried it yet.
By
bettygram, at
12/15/2008 10:12 PM
Sounds like a very busy day indeed. Glad Luz got to see the parade. Santa cruises around New Hope on the Fire Truck every year. We go outside and wave. We are taking off for New York and the grands on Saturday. I'll be gone for a month. Miss you. Gotcha all prayed up.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
12/15/2008 10:29 PM
The gingerbread house is perfect. I think you must have the funnest house in your town...I mean where else can kids experiment with face paint just because? I LOVE IT!!
:-) Susan
By
Susan, at
12/17/2008 1:22 PM
Post a comment
<< Home