.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sepia Scenes...

Sepia Scenes
Sepia Scenes are hosted by Mary.

McMahon Hall
Built in 1895
The Admissions Building of Catholic University
in Washington DC


It's probably one of the more castle-ish buildings around
DC. I thought it lent itself quite well to what Paint Shop Pro
refers to as the aged newspaper look. This one is quite aged!

Here is the original color version...

Beautiful either way!
(but kinda spooky in sepia... don'tcha think?)

Labels:

19 comment(s):

Oh wow! Great job. It does look spooky. Thanks for stopping by my website.

By Anonymous Karen ~Georgia Angel, at 4/01/2009 11:38 PM  

You can almost see the ghost coming out the windows and the piercing eyes starring at you! Ohhh Scarry!

By Blogger Aggiema (Michelle), at 4/01/2009 11:49 PM  

I don't think it looks spooky. I think it looks classy! Beautiful in color too.

By Blogger dot, at 4/01/2009 11:50 PM  

In the sepia photo, the building looks elegant, but the scenery is a bit ominous!

By Anonymous quilly, at 4/02/2009 2:26 AM  

You do wonderful things with your sepia pics, Melli. I think the first picture looks a bit spooky, yes, the original is far friendlier-looking :)

By Blogger MaR, at 4/02/2009 3:00 AM  

Quilly makes me click on the online dictionary once again
:D

By Blogger MaR, at 4/02/2009 3:01 AM  

What a wonderful set of pictures. I think it looks regal myself :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/02/2009 4:30 AM  

I expect a dragon to pop from behind it any second!!
I think I prefer the original one!

By Blogger Jientje, at 4/02/2009 4:57 AM  

Ya'll have older buildings than we do, I think. Neat pic!

By Blogger Amber Star, at 4/02/2009 8:28 AM  

i think the sepia picture does look like you could write a scary story about it. It is a beautiful building.

By Blogger bettygram, at 4/02/2009 8:40 AM  

The sepia makes me think it's an old picture. I like both, but perhaps the sepia best.

By Blogger Maribeth, at 4/02/2009 9:15 AM  

Oh Melli, that first photo is incredible! I love it! Not so spooky! And of course the second, well, it's the original gorgeous building! First time I've seen Catholic University in DC! Thanks for playing along! :)

By Blogger maryt/theteach, at 4/02/2009 9:50 AM  

These old buildings always look very good in sepia !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 4/02/2009 9:53 AM  

Hi!
That is a beautiful place! And yes the sepia does make it kind of spooky looking! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

By Blogger Sherrie, at 4/02/2009 11:31 AM  

Both are beautiful, but I agree, the sepia one could look a little spooky!

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 4/02/2009 12:38 PM  

How lovely it looks in sepia tones.

No, not spooky. LOL.

By Anonymous Jew Wishes, at 4/02/2009 2:52 PM  

I agree that both photos are beautiful. I love the sepia one though! I wouldn't say spooky....definitely MYSTERIOUS, though!!

By Blogger Susan, at 4/03/2009 11:03 AM  

I love those kinds of buildings and you're right, it looks good aged. I see ghosts everywhere.

By Blogger Nessa, at 4/03/2009 12:14 PM  

I love the sepia version! Well done!!!

By Blogger Kahshe Cottager, at 4/03/2009 12:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home