A New Friend, and Ella's Off... and I am Joyful!
Sooooo... yesterday Karen ( Kcinnova ) and I met for lunch over in Tysons. She had invited Ella to come stay with her for awhile, and since we live only a couple hours from each other, we decided to meet in the middle and do a hand delivery! Ella was VERY impatient to get going and once we arrived she just could not WAIT for Karen to get there!She only sat still for something like 30 seconds at a time. I took advantage of one such minute to get a shot of her outside the restaurant "patiently" waiting. (she learned her patience from Quilly, you know...)
But soon Karen arrived, and I have to tell you - there IS something different about meeting someone in person who you've only JUST met on your blog - as opposed to someone you've been following for awhile. Do you WANT to know what it is? Okaaaaaaay... welllllll... it's what do you DO when you meet? Do you shake hands? Do you hug? Do you just sort of wave? LOL! Karen and I did a little dance and then decided Bloggers HUG!
That's what we do! We HUG! Soooo... now you know! Even if you only JUST met in Blog Land, you still HUG! Now you don't have to have that mildly awkward little moment! You've been SAVED! *nods* Well... it's what you do if you meet ME!We had a lovely lunch at the Gordon Biersch Brewery . The food was really good, and Karen and I both had mint tea which was a real treat for me! I haven't had a mint tea since my dad used to grow the mint in our back yard! And mom had HOMEMADE rootbeer! She loves rootbeer so I figured homemade had to be good! She finished it all - so it must have been!
After lunch we decided to take a walk up to the Build-A-Bear Factory! (go figure!) Karen wanted to make sure Ella had proper CHEERING shoes to wear to the High School football game! (I honestly couldn't remember WHICH shoes she wore when she cheered for the Green Bay Packers...) But I do know that Ella is a shoe-a-holic and would NOT complain about a new pair! And she didn't!
On the way to BAB we passed Arhaus which is the furniture store my Mathew works in -- only not THIS one. He works in one of the Maryland stores - and this one is in Virginia. He has told me about this store -- it is their #1 store. Location, location, location!!! It is also a very LARGE store which is good for giving the customer lots of choice. But I didn't find anything in there that I HAD to have that Mathew doesn't have in HIS store! We did let Ella try out one of the chairs that I truly truly DO want 2 of! LOOK!
On the way to BAB we passed Arhaus which is the furniture store my Mathew works in -- only not THIS one. He works in one of the Maryland stores - and this one is in Virginia. He has told me about this store -- it is their #1 store. Location, location, location!!! It is also a very LARGE store which is good for giving the customer lots of choice. But I didn't find anything in there that I HAD to have that Mathew doesn't have in HIS store! We did let Ella try out one of the chairs that I truly truly DO want 2 of! LOOK!
BIG it!I just LOVE these chairs!
They're a little pricey though...
I can wait.
When our shopping was done -- we won't talk about that darling little children's clothing store that Karen PUSHED me into and blocked the door and wouldn't let me OUT of until I'd purchased several outfits for Luz... no... -- we headed back to the parking garage! It was really FUNNY because I got there a half hour before she did, and I had NO IDEA where I should park at, but accidentally God was with me and put me in the right place -- and so we ended up parking 4 cars away from each other! LOL! We thought that was so cool! (perhaps if I explain that this mall is HUGE and has 6 different parking garages you might actually GET the coincidence involved...) So, as we got near the car, Ella grabbed the keys and said she was driving! *rolls eyes* ... I warned Karen how STUBBORN elephants can be... and wished her well! So... DO visit her blog this next month and see what Ella is UP to!
You Are Very Joyful |
![]() You may not be happy all of the time, but you experience frequent moments of joy in your life. There are moments so perfect that time has stood still and you wish you could freeze it forever. You are so joyful because you appreciate the small things in life. You know joy is more about who you are than what you have. You are thankful to be alive, and you know that things could be a lot worse. You are content with your life. |









18 comment(s):
I am very joyful, too!
I know Karen --who I just recently met in blogland -- is going to have a great time with Ella and since I have KAren on my feed reader, I won't miss a moment of their fun!
By
Quilly, at
9/02/2009 1:19 AM
Your joy is contagious!!
Ella will have a great time, just because she knows how to. She learned that from you!
I did my homework and my post for the challenge is here (first 3 on the list)
By
MaR, at
9/02/2009 3:16 AM
What a nice day you had together, that's wonderful ! and Ella gets on the nerves of another person now ! these Elephants ...
I am also joyful btw !
When does your photo thing starts ??
By
Ingrid, at
9/02/2009 3:16 AM
I already KNEW that we are going to hug when we meet. It's not awkward, it's meeting a dear friend!! It's lovely to see Ella again, can't wait!!
By
Jientje, at
9/02/2009 3:26 AM
How wonderful to meet another blooger. Excellent my friend. :) You do bring out the joy in all of us :)
By
Anonymous, at
9/02/2009 3:44 AM
Thanks to Gattina I realized I was over excited and began posting for the challenge, lol!! took the post down for the time being :)
By
MaR, at
9/02/2009 4:14 AM
Blogger meetups are so fun, I wish I were able to do more of them.
Love the chair!
By
Robin, at
9/02/2009 4:59 AM
You are most definitely a joyful person, Melli! It was so fun to meet you in person and I know it is going to be a fun month with Ella at my house. She has already been busy making friends. :)
I'm working on my first Ella post right now -- it will be up by 7am. (I had to "borrow" a few of your photographs from the restaurant because mine didn't come out right.)
By
Anonymous, at
9/02/2009 6:36 AM
I remember the mall at Tyson's Corner and it IS Huge! That is truly amazing that you parked so close to each other. Isn't it grand to make new friends!
By
Aggiema (Michelle), at
9/02/2009 8:19 AM
How fabulous to meet another blogger!
By
EG CameraGirl, at
9/02/2009 8:23 AM
How fun! I'm sure Ella will have a great visit with Karen
By
PJ, at
9/02/2009 8:35 AM
I am very joyful as well.
That sounds like a wonderful MIRL (meeting in real life).
I LOVE that chair -- the design of it. If only they had it in my colors. I'd love to find a store like that. Any in SC?
By
Barbara H., at
9/02/2009 2:40 PM
Well you know how much I love being hugged so I am going to refrain from meeting any more bloggers if that is a requirement.
Elmer still misses Ella.
Glad Ella is off on a new adventure and glad that where she is going is on my visit list.
Looks like the two of you had a wonderful meeting. But the important thing , of course, is that Ella is happy.
By
Dr.John, at
9/02/2009 4:58 PM
Is the bead store still at that mall - ooooo.....
I think Ella is going to have a grand old time. I'll get over there to check on her soon.
It's late in the day - I've been at the dentist with a broken tooth. Good news it's not so bad.
I'm just now getting around and to answer your question I'll post the challenge on my Round The Bend blog - thanks for asking. :)
By
Carletta, at
9/02/2009 6:04 PM
I were Very Joyful, Glad Ella is off on another Adventure.
By
Anonymous, at
9/02/2009 7:22 PM
yes! after reading this blog..i am more joyful :D
By
SeePearrl, at
9/02/2009 7:59 PM
So so fun! I still want Ella to come play in Florida someday. We'd have a blast.
I promise!
By
Susan, at
9/04/2009 12:48 PM
I have been wondering about Ella! She looks great! SHe has a new outfit on every time I see her! I think she has more clothes than I do. I will have to visit her over at Karen's.
By
Living Life, at
9/04/2009 9:37 PM
Post a comment
<< Home