.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, October 19, 2009

Just Stuff...

Where do YOU like to sleep on a cold Autumn day?

I'm a little bit worried about Kitty. He has taken to sleeping on my stove on a regular basis these days... and he has some other issues too. I need to get him into the vet this week. I'm pretty sure the stove is an arthritis issue... we can deal with that. But he's also sick.

I had a great time with Luz this weekend! We tried to a number of things this weekend - and indeed we DID do them - they just weren't panning out quite like expected. There was supposed to be an American Indian Festival down Jefferson Patterson Park on Saturday --- and there WAS -- however, it was POURING down rain (YAY RAIN!!!) so it was moved inside -- but only about 6 people showed up... okay ... maybe 25 -- but never more than 6 at one time! LOL! We did get to see someone start a fire by friction of 2 sticks... that was cool. But there were NO indians ... no costumes... no head dresses... nothing that Luz would have REALLY found cool! There was a woman who played flute - and had about 20 different ones. Luz did like her! We were only there for MAYBE an hour...

Then we decided to go down to the Art Museum at Anne Marie Gardens and see what was new. Only the bottom floor was open. They weren't charging to get in though - because they are still waiting for the upstairs displays to get there! So we looked around a little bit. This show was a "no touch" show -- which is not usually the case there -- which is why I like to take her! Usually the displays are very children friendly and even INVITE children to touch, feel, and sometimes contribute to the art! Not this time. BUT... we did shop in the little store - and THAT, my friends, IS Luz's favorite part of that museum!!! Then we came home and made Halloween decorations, dinner and then I took her home.

Sunday was church, and then when I got home Dennis had some stuff to do up at Mom's old house -- we're trying to get it ready to sell. Derek was at work, and I decided to take advantage of the emptiness to solve a jumpy bug infestation (UGLY crickets! -- not your plain old black cricket variety -- we've always referred to them as UGLY bugs!) - we get them every year, but this year it was BAD! The basement was just disgusting with them! So I put the pets outside, got mom in the car, and put off a bomb down there! Then we went shopping for a few hours. You have to stay out for 3 hours. When I came home there were 3 pets desperate to get back in their home (it was cold!) and a zillion dead jumpy bugs on my basement floor... and elsewhere! I'm going to give it a week and do it again -- just to make sure!

Today Mom & I were up and out early to go sort food at the food warehouse again. We got EVERYTHING done in there that was there to BE done today! We were really hustlin'! They won't get anymore food containers in until Thursday. So, I'm home now - but I have to get my Bible study done for this evening's class. I'll probably be around to visit when I get home from study tonight! If not, I'll be around tomorrow! :)


11 comment(s):

Sounds like a fun, busy couple of days in spite of the rain! I'm sorry about Kitty. It's so hard when they're sick.

By Blogger Dimple, at 10/19/2009 3:13 PM  

I'm sorry aƩbout the rain, rain can spoil all the fun!!
Making Halloween decorations with Luz must have been fun!

By Blogger Jientje, at 10/19/2009 3:48 PM  

Sorry to hear about Kitty. Hope he gets better soon :) What a great weekend despite the rain. You never cease to amaze me my darlin' that you can make everything you do fun, rain or shine. That's what makes you such a great nana...heck with that...person all around :) Have a grat day today with Mom.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/19/2009 4:09 PM  

i couldn't stand to have an animal on my stove or counters -- but I wouldn't know how to keep them off. I'm sorry Kittie's feeling poorly.

I agree with what Thom said -- it's great to be able to go to a plan B or find something enjoyable when an outing doesn't go as planned instead of wallowing in disappointment as I am afraid I am too prone to do. You're passing along a great example to Luz.

We get a type of cricket here that we called humpback crickets. I don't know what their actual name is, but they are plum ugly, too. We only get one or two at a time, so they've not been a problem, but that many, and we'd have to do something, too. Any bug in mass quantities loses its appeal. We had a ladybug infestation in a former house that forever turned my husband against them. He doesn't think they're cute any more.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 10/19/2009 4:49 PM  

I hope Kitty is feeling better soon. How old is he?

Why no pics of the Halloween decorations? Hmmm?

By Anonymous quilly, at 10/19/2009 4:57 PM  

I hope Kitty isn't too sick. Glad you got the rain even if it messed up your plans. I'm sure Luz enjoys anywhere she goes with her Nana.
THose bug bombs can discolor furniture. But then there wouldn't be any in the basement.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 10/19/2009 7:39 PM  

Hi Melli,it doesn't matter what ever kind of weather, being with your grand is always a special time..I am sure that Luz loves being with her Nana....

I hope your poor kitty gets well soon...I hate bugs...I just had Fred go chase down a big roach!! I can not sleep if I see one in the house..the bugs are coming in due to cold and rainy weather over the last few days..

I cooked a nice dinner for my neighbor tonight.. it was his birthday and Fred and I wanted him to enjoy his day..My mom came over to eat with us, plus another male neighbor..

I am headed to bed soon after I visit a few blogs..
Love ya, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 10/19/2009 11:54 PM  

Aaawww, I hope the Kitty feels better soon!

Melli, do you live near Jefferson Patterson Park? I have dear friends who live just a few miles away from it; one teaches at the Calverton School. Whoa, small world?

By Blogger Susan at Stony River, at 10/20/2009 7:58 AM  

Oh ick! I hate bugs!!!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 10/20/2009 9:00 AM  

Oh icko on the bugs!!! Blah! And I do hope that Kitty is feeling better soon ... don't like to have sick kitties. :(

By Blogger Unknown, at 10/20/2009 10:48 AM  

This was a very half and half sort of weekend.

R & PB WRITE or DIE

By Blogger Nessa, at 10/20/2009 10:54 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home