Ruby Tuesday... and stuff...
Kitty Love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luz stopped by yesterday after school. Her Daddy had to pick up some stuff. She looked so cute in that little outfit I had NO choice but to start snappin' pictures! Unfortunately - as what always happens, I forget to put my flash up and mess up the really cute shots! But this one I did get - and I don't even mind that her eyes are closed THIS time! What you can't see in this photo is the sparkles on her butt, the red tinsel garland in her hair, and the little red snowflake earrings dangling from her lobes! You'll just have to trust me -- she was TOO cute!
I bought some eggnog at the store yesterday. I'm not a big eggnog drinker -- unless it's homemade. I just bought a pint. I thought I would use it to cream my coffee. I THOUGHT that would be really YUMMY! I got up this morning and put that eggnog IN my coffee and found out I am DUMB! First off, despite how sweet eggnog IS, it is NOT as sweet as those flavored creamers we all love. It definitely needed some sugar added (or sweetener). But even after putting an entire pink packet in it was still ucky. I choked down 1/2 the cup before I threw it out and started over -- with Pumpkin Spice creamer! NOW I'm ready to blog!
I got a new picture in the mail yesterday of my little Compassion girl! She is sO cute. Just a month younger than Luz and they are growing just alike! Lesli is at a taller thinner stage right now - and so is Luz! But no smile... do you think they tell those children not to smile? I would still help EVEN if she was happy! LOL! I think she IS a happy little girl. She draws beautiful pictures and likes to ride her bike and play soccer with her dog! She has a DOG! That one did surprise me! Oh how I love to get those letters! Two in two weeks! I'm blessed!
Our snow is almost gone now. It's supposed to rain hard tonight - so that will wash the remainders away. We never get as much as the surrounding areas because we are a peninsula. With the river on one side and the bay on the other the warm water keeps snow away for the most part! It's got to be a really HUGE storm for us to get any real accumulation.
Okay... I really DO have to get serious about Christmas... so I guess I'm going out shopping today. There are SOME things I just can't buy on line! Y'all have a good day!
I bought some eggnog at the store yesterday. I'm not a big eggnog drinker -- unless it's homemade. I just bought a pint. I thought I would use it to cream my coffee. I THOUGHT that would be really YUMMY! I got up this morning and put that eggnog IN my coffee and found out I am DUMB! First off, despite how sweet eggnog IS, it is NOT as sweet as those flavored creamers we all love. It definitely needed some sugar added (or sweetener). But even after putting an entire pink packet in it was still ucky. I choked down 1/2 the cup before I threw it out and started over -- with Pumpkin Spice creamer! NOW I'm ready to blog!
I got a new picture in the mail yesterday of my little Compassion girl! She is sO cute. Just a month younger than Luz and they are growing just alike! Lesli is at a taller thinner stage right now - and so is Luz! But no smile... do you think they tell those children not to smile? I would still help EVEN if she was happy! LOL! I think she IS a happy little girl. She draws beautiful pictures and likes to ride her bike and play soccer with her dog! She has a DOG! That one did surprise me! Oh how I love to get those letters! Two in two weeks! I'm blessed!
Our snow is almost gone now. It's supposed to rain hard tonight - so that will wash the remainders away. We never get as much as the surrounding areas because we are a peninsula. With the river on one side and the bay on the other the warm water keeps snow away for the most part! It's got to be a really HUGE storm for us to get any real accumulation.
Okay... I really DO have to get serious about Christmas... so I guess I'm going out shopping today. There are SOME things I just can't buy on line! Y'all have a good day!
Labels: Ruby Tuesday








11 comment(s):
Luz is so adorable. I love the red shoes.
Yes, We Have No Bananas
By
Nessa, at
12/08/2009 10:05 AM
that is a wonderful shot of Luz, she is really lovin' on that cat! Have a good RT shopping trip!
By
Dimple, at
12/08/2009 10:13 AM
Luz is cute no matter what she wears!
Have fun shopping!
By
Jientje, at
12/08/2009 10:21 AM
What a beautiful picture of Luz...she is so cute. Could you do my shopping when you go out today? Free of charge of course. Choked down 1/2 the coffee...i just laughed at that :) Oh my darlin' have a wonderful day :)
By
Anonymous, at
12/08/2009 1:04 PM
Luz is adorable!
How neat to hear from your Compassion child.
Have fun shopping. I really need to get going with Christmas!
By
Barbara H., at
12/08/2009 1:32 PM
The not smiling for pictures thing is expected in some cultures -- like smiling for pictures is expected in ours!
Luz is always adorable. I see kitty thinks so, too.
By
quilly, at
12/08/2009 2:05 PM
Our little boy through Compassion Int'l has a shy smile. I look forward to the day when he is able to actually write letters to us instead of dictating them.
And Luz is adorable. :)
By
Anonymous, at
12/08/2009 5:10 PM
Cute picture.
Between Betty, Pennie, and Bree we have four Compassion kids. Glad you are enjoying yours.
We are in the middle of a blizzard.
By
Dr.John, at
12/08/2009 6:26 PM
Lovely Luz! I just adore that child!!!
By
Maribeth, at
12/08/2009 8:45 PM
Like Luz's ruby slippers and Jacket.
By
bettygram, at
12/09/2009 12:19 AM
What an adorable picture, Luz and the cat ! I never liked eggnog it's too sweet. We will have our traditional "Gluehwein" which is a German Christmas tradition, it's hot wine with cloves,cinnamon sticks a little lemon skin and sugar. I invited all our neighbors on Sunday for such a drink !
Then we have to carry them home over the street, lol ! (happened to a couple last year)
By
Ingrid, at
12/09/2009 8:37 AM
Post a comment
<< Home