What to DO?
So what do we do to occupy ourselves when it's snowing all day and you can't go ANYwhere... you all know... every woman out there knows the answer to this... we COOK! Of course we do! We started with...
Creamy, cheesy, broccoli cheese soup!Enough for two days!
And it was delish!
Then we moved on to the sweet treats!
Almond cookie dough
ready to bake
Snow Drops!I know some people make these with lemon
zest and lemon juice... but I really like the
almond ones!
And lastly ... Lidna's Buckeyes! And they are EVERY bitas good as Lid promised they would be!!!
(but I'm still trying to figure out how she got rid of the hole
from the toothpicks...)
What did YOU make while it was snowing?
Or sunning...










9 comment(s):
Today we rested and I really needed it, too. It is supposed to storm here on Wednesday when my daughter and son in law are flying in. Joy, huh. I forgot to ask the youngest, but I think they are driving. Pretty much Costco or Sam's or both will be doing my baking. I love their oatmeal cranberry cookies. Tomorrow I wrap and I'm not going to the kniting group. We had our get together last Monday and it was fun....so I need to tend to what is on my plate right now.
By
Amber Star, at
12/21/2009 12:18 AM
Today we made music. Amoeba had 2 Christmas concerts and then Praise Band practice and then the Praise & Worship service at church -- where we were both conscripted for dramatic readings, unrehearsed.
By
quilly, at
12/21/2009 12:58 AM
I made nice with passengers all day LOL. Now I'm hungry. That broccoli cheese soup looks wonderful. What is the purpose of toothpicks in cookies? I don't get it. :)
By
Anonymous, at
12/21/2009 1:02 AM
It's a good thing the weather outside is frightful... because I might just drive straight to your house!
You might need to link to this post if you play along for the Christmas Cookie exchange on Wednesday.
I made cookies and Stollen.
By
Anonymous, at
12/21/2009 1:07 AM
Broccoli soup is one of my favorites!!! Any time...any day.
Sending you holiday wishes for a peaceful happy Christmas and New Year!!
From Bud and Me to you...
MERRY CHRISTMAS.
By
Hootin Anni, at
12/21/2009 8:27 AM
No snow here, but my preferred activity is curling up and reading -- actually on any day, not just snow days! Looks like you've got some great stuff there! Glad your power stayed on.
By
Barbara H., at
12/21/2009 9:59 AM
That's certainly not what I am doing, lol ! I don't cook when I can't go out, for the moment I put my pictures in order and prepare posts for when I am away, spend time on the phone chatting or I watch TV.
Your plates look very yummy and I am sure your family prays for snow now every day the whole year long, lol !
By
Ingrid, at
12/21/2009 11:49 AM
I've been cooking baking a lot these past couple of days. I just LOVE using the measuring spoons you gave me, I use them all the time.
Today I was cooking for the boys all afternoon. Spoiled them a little, making their favorite dishes. Broccoli and cheddar sounds like a perfect combination, I should keep that in mind and try it someday.
By
Jientje, at
12/21/2009 3:03 PM
Yummy, great smells and good food from your kitchen. I didn't post a picture of the cookies because Mr. Wonderful had already consumed them. Andy is not a chocolate lover other than Reeses....his favorite cookie is Oatmeal Scotchies and I've already got them made.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
12/22/2009 11:37 AM
Post a comment
<< Home