and the variegated plant behind it was from Amanda!
Both are beauuuuutiful!
I am still feeling pretty bad today so I'm going to be taking another nap this afternoon. Exercise is not EVEN an option today! It's very unfortunate that I am the opposite of most people... when I am sick I just want to EAT all day long! I want something CONSTANTLY going down my throat... I do NOT know why... This has always driven me crazy! Other people get sick and actually lose weight from it... I usually gain something when I'm sick. Not a LOT ... but it's just the point... it's nuts! And I realllllllllllllly want "comfort food" - which is never healthy! So far I've done okay ...
Mom was talking this morning about going down the road to catch the bus! Dennis has installed chain locks on all the doors -- all the way at the top. She can't reach them without a stool, and I don't think she would think to get a stool. I'm pretty sure if she did, by the time she found one she would forget that she even wanted it. Or what she wanted it for. Sometimes that lack of memory works in our favor! I really appreciate all of your concern, but no... it is still not time for her to go into a home. I seriously doubt that I will allow that until she is bed-bound. When it comes time for bed pans and changing sheets with a body still laying on them -- that is when it will be time! But for now, it is still just a nuisance and not intolerable. I still have my sense of humor! Most of the time. :)
My baby grass has all come up and is looking good! I think it's time to plant another batch! My radishes are almost ready for harvest... I can't tell you how disappointed I was to find out that you only get ONE radish per seed! I don't know WHY I thought they would grow a whole clump of them! I should have been thinking "like carrots, like carrots"!!! LOL! I'm a nut! What can I say? Oh well.
Y'all have a great day!







10 comment(s):
That tulip is stunning!
Take some rest and get well soon Melli!
By
Jientje, at
5/10/2010 1:23 PM
Oh my darlin' I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. Get better real soon. The tulip, my favorite of all time, is beautiful :)
Thanks for letting us know about putting mom in a home. That makes sense and yes you do keep your sense of humor with her and that's a good thing.
Take care of yourself ya hear? LOL Dr. Thom is in the house LOL Oh wait, I don't have pointy ears LOL
By
Anonymous, at
5/10/2010 1:52 PM
Sorry to hear your throat is sore. I know what you mean about being sick and wanting to eat! That is how I am too! Go figure...
God Bless you for being so good with Mom. It is not easy. I could not handle Jack's Dad. He was very angry and antagonistic toward me (He didn't know who I was even) and Jack was still flying then, and I was alone with his Dad 3-4 days a week and he would get mad at me and yell at me and scared me. Then he went into the hospital with a minor stroke and I told the doctor I couldn't continue. I hope that God forgives me for my weakness. We found a good assisted living where he remained until he passed away.
By
Maribeth, at
5/10/2010 1:58 PM
Get well soon. I like ice cream when I am sick.
Hope you do not get the freezing weather we have.
By
bettygram, at
5/10/2010 2:57 PM
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I like to eat or drink almost constantly when I'm sick with a cold -- it seems soothing and seems to help the gunk in the throat wash out a little.
That sounds like a good solution to the getting out of the door problem.
That tulip is lovely, and I love variegated plants.
To Maribeth above -- I don't think that's weakness at all.
By
Anonymous, at
5/10/2010 5:31 PM
Sip on plenty of tea with honey and lemon, or make a smoothie with frozen fruit and milk. Those will be comforting and soothe your throat at the same time.
My last day of leading a class was on Thursday. I'm glad for the time off now, although with end of year activities and a graduating senior, I don't know what "free time" I will find!
That is a lovely photo of some lovely plants. :)
My boys cleaned their bathroom for my mother's day gift!
By
Karen (formerly kcinnova), at
5/10/2010 5:32 PM
I love the tulip photo. Excellent composition and color.
I am so sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Maybe this sore throat was God's way of telling you to take a break?
Summer Sunday School classes are notoriously short on attendance. Too many vacations and visitors and such start interfering with set plans.
I am proud of you for keeping your MIL at home as long as possible. As long as she is no real danger to herself and others, and you can cope, it is probably better for her. I am certain that a nursing home will distress her her while she is still mobile.
By
Charlene Amsden, at
5/10/2010 6:07 PM
Oh Hope you feel better soon Melli
My mom also began taking her pants off Then I got her depends and she felt better. I had to watch the knives and forks because if she fell and lost her balance having parkinsons as well, this could prove disastrous. Then she would sit on the couch and cut at the cushions thinking it was meat.You have to think she could drink javel, eat soap,etc... so she has to be watched all the time and her bedroom door should have a bell so you know when she is coming out Maybe bells on clothes as well would help.Writing her name and phone number in water proof ink would help too in case she wonders off. In my house the whole family took part to watch her otherwise you can't do it alone.
By
A Lady's Life, at
5/10/2010 7:52 PM
We are sitting in the same boat, I am caughing my soul out of my body and feel lousy. I also slept the whole afternoon yesterday ! Fortunately the weather is lousy too so I have no regrets. The grass is growing and I should mow it but it's too wet and I am sick. Mr. G. can't do it anymore due to his arthritis. He has no force in his hands anymore. When Dario comes I always have a list with things to carry or to do which are too heavy for us ! I don't mind for me it's normal, but poor Mr. G. feels old because of that !
By
Ingrid, at
5/11/2010 3:32 AM
Hope you are on the mend. Sorry you were sick but so like you not to let anything get you down. I had a great day with my girls (just getting around to posting it now!)
Miss you.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
5/13/2010 4:37 PM
Post a comment
<< Home