.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Feast #113


Would you like to play?


Appetizer
What is your favorite herb or spice?

Wow! Just ONE? Well, I use dill a lot! On fish, on pasta,
on potatoes, in salads. I don't know that it's my FAVORITE... but
I use too many to pick just one!


Soup
Name a song you like but haven't heard in a long time.

LOL! Okay... we're goin' waaaaaaaaay back on this one!
The Kingston Trio --- "Tijuana Jail"! How many of you remembe THAT one? HUH?


Salad
If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?

Oh dear God! How fast can I write? About 40!

Main Course
Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).

Well... if it's not scandalous it's not fun! LOL! This isn't "too" bad! My eldest brother has a "knack" for breaking the law in front of God and everybody, and NOT getting caught! One time he was walking past a "major" hotel in downtown DC and saw a HUUUUUGE rubber tree plant in their lobby. He thought he'd like to have a tree like that for his apartment, so he walked in, picked it up (and it was QUITE heavy) and walked out with it -- just like it was the most natural thing on Earth to do! Nobody said ONE word. No one stopped him, no one chased him. He took the plant, put it in his truck and drove home! Of course, we (his family) were all appalled! HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING? But that was my brother! Oh the tales I could tell ya!

Dessert
What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?

Oh geez! Back "in the day" I stayed up all night several times! Go to work, come home, party til waaaaaay too late to try to sleep, ... and go to work again! The YOUNG can DO these things! (but I've also done it a few times in say the past 10 years, when I get SO into a book that I can NOT put it down! I almost hate when that happens!)


19 comment(s):

thats a great feast..cant wait to read more

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 9:37 AM  

I am completely laughing over your brother!!! That is absolutely hilarious!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my first TT!

By Blogger Colleen, at 9/29/2006 10:02 AM  

Love the gossip about your brother. Too darned funny. Sometimes, I wish I had the 'balls to do that'!! ROFL

OMG and Tijuana Jail?
So here we a-are in the Tijuana Jail
Ain't got no frie-ends to go our bail
So here we'll sta-ay ‘cause we can't pa-a-a-a-ay
Just send our ma-ail to the Tijuana Jail!!!!

You're darn tootin' I remember this one.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 10:18 AM  

Great feast! I haven't heard the Kingston Trio in a long time! Your Main Course sounds like my hubby and his friends.

Thanks for stopping by.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 10:30 AM  

I remember the Kingston Trio of course but for some reason cannot remember that one song even with Wystful 1 coming up with the lyrics!! Hmmm!! Boy you must have some brother!! I would have made him take it back and my brother would have HAD to take it BACK!! My FEAST is up today. My daughter is into FEASTING now too. Have a fun FRIDAY!!

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 9/29/2006 10:33 AM  

Thanks for the lyrics on my post!!!! Now I can actually sing to the song in my head instead of humming the tune.

Your brother is too FUNYY!!! I went on a triple date one time and the guys my girlfriends and I were with stopped at a hotel downtown and stole the roses off the front counter! Us girls didn't know until we were all walking back down the street. I was horrified, but it's funny looking back at it.

Nice to meet you!

By Blogger Miss Notesy, at 9/29/2006 11:41 AM  

Loved every morsal, especially your main course. How funny. Your brother must have a very honest face!!

By Blogger Jane, at 9/29/2006 1:20 PM  

Love your feast!! I had to spell check the Hugunots myself this morning;P Sorry don't remember that song... About the main course,I think i would've gotten caught:)Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

By Blogger Julie, at 9/29/2006 1:42 PM  

Love your feast!! I had to spell check the Hugunots myself this morning;P Sorry don't remember that song... About the main course,I think i would've gotten caught:)Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

By Blogger Julie, at 9/29/2006 1:43 PM  

Your main course was HILARIOUS!

Loved the feast!

By Blogger graymama, at 9/29/2006 4:48 PM  

Fun feast!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 5:16 PM  

I am going to have to try dill in a salad. You are the second person I have seen mention that. It must be yummy!

Your brother...lol what a riot.

By Blogger Tracy S, at 9/29/2006 5:19 PM  

Sorry, but I think your soup was before my time! hee hee!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 5:40 PM  

Great feast. I love that your brother did that! Too funny. I have heard that the easiest way to take something is just to go in and act like it is the most natural thing in the world.

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 9/29/2006 5:58 PM  

The Tijuana Jail by the Kingston Trio

We went one day about a month ago (a-ha-ha)
To have a little fu-un (a-ha) Mexico
We ended up in a gambling spot (oh yeah) a-ha-ha
Where the liquor flow-owed and the dice were hot

So here we a-are in the Tijuana Jail
Ain't got no frie-ends to go our bail
So here we'll sta-ay ‘cause we can't pa-a-a-a-ay
Just send our ma-ail to the Tijuana Jail

I was shootin' dice, rakin' in the dough (long green)
And then I hea-ard the whistle blow
We started to run when a man in blue
Said, Señor, come with me ‘cause I want you

So here we a-are in the Tijuana Jail
Ain't got no frie-ends to go our bail
So here we'll sta-ay ‘cause we can't pay
Just send our mail to the Tijuana Jail (shout)

Just five hundred dollars and they'll set us free
I couldn't raise a penny if ya threatened me
I know five "hunderd" don't sound like much
But just try to find somebody to touch

So here we are in the Tijuana Jail
Ain't got no frie-ends to go our bail
So here we'll sta-ay ‘cause we can't pay
Just send our mai-il to the Tijuana Jail

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 9/29/2006 8:04 PM  

Thanks for visiting my feast! I loved your comment because you have sooo much enthusiasm! My hubby always gets on my case for using too many exclamation marks; he's much more laid back than me. We balance each other out!

Have a great weekend!

By Blogger Christine, at 9/29/2006 8:23 PM  

Your brother sounds like a hoot!!!

By Blogger YellowRose, at 9/29/2006 11:23 PM  

great feast, and funny at that.. listing 40 things. hehe... yeah it's fun to dream... thanks for stopping by!

By Blogger Unknown, at 9/30/2006 12:59 PM  

Gosh, your brother sounds like my cousin Mike. I was teasing saying I wanted Forrest Gump's bench down at the square. Guess what is sitting in my back yard!! A city bench!

I did call and report it, God forbid I don't wanna be hauled to jail for receiving stolen property but told them I had no idea who or how it got there. That was four years ago. They replaced the bench at the square immediately but nobody wants to come here and take this one. It surely isn't comfortable.

-M

By Blogger Margaret, at 9/30/2006 8:59 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home