Sunday Seven....

I found Sunday Seven while visiting Lazy Daisy and Cozy Reader last weekend. This looked like something that I would really enjoy doing... but just a TINY bit differently. I decided since it is Sunday SEVEN, and there are SEVEN days in the week... I would tell something that I was thankful for or positive in my life on each of the seven days of the past week! If you would like to learn more about Sunday Seven, go here! But make sure to come back! ;)
Monday - I was very thankful that we heard Krysti WILL receive a LARGE scholarship from Keuka College. We don't know yet if she will receive the FULL scholarship or "merely" a very substantial scholarship - but she is a finalist for the FULL one and guaranteed a very large one! This is such a blessing -- and we feel Krysti really has earned and deserves it! Apparently Keuka feels that way too! We thank God, and all other parties involved!
Tuesday - Was a very quiet day without any excitement OR surprises... this translates to no disasters. No accidents, no tickets, no phone calls from principals, no bad news from doctors and no one died! (not even the washing machine!) I'm always thankful for such a day as that! It was a great day to just be thankful for the roof over my head and the food on the table!
Wednesday - I am a major lover of "extreme weather", and on so I was quite thankful for the ice storm that God sent my way on Wednesday! I was ALSO extremely thankful that the SMECO people got our power back up and running in a timely fashion! That made it ever so much easier to enjoy the ice storm!
Thursday - LOL! Well... because of my ice storm Wednesday, schools were delayed opening again, and so I didn't have to work... again! YAY! (it is getting harder and harder to get me to school... I'm sO done!)
Friday - This was a "spoil Melli" day! I had my DEEP tissue massage, followed by my manicure and pedicure. And THEN I went to work and worked out and felt gooooooood all over! I still have enough left on the gift certificate Hubby got me to have TWO MORE massages! Ooooo... sooooo good!
Saturday - We had a "breakfast event" to attend on Saturday. It was a fund raiser / scholarship opportunity for Krysti (and Derek could have participated had he wanted to). It was a pancake breakfast at Applebee's - the kids had to pre-sell the tickets and then they also had to WORK the breakfast! In the end, there will be I think 4 scholarships given from the money raised, and it was ALL done in honor of Scott Coyle, who died of cancer 4 years ago in March, at the tender age of 13. Scott was Derek's best best BEST friend in the whole world and the Coyle's are very special friends of ours. It was great fun participating in this event -- and we enjoyed seeing many old friends that we had not seen for quite some time! (first rule of participation was that the you must have attended Scott's school - and been in his grade with him! So it was a fairly limited group of students who could participate!) It was FUN! There is another one next Saturday, and we will be there again! (if you're interested in reading Scott's story, I linked him to the website that I made and maintained for him and the family as they went through the whole ordeal.)
Sunday - TODAY! Today is a GLORIOUS, beautiful sunshiney day! I have my cup of coffee which I have begun drinking with sweet 'n low and half 'n half, instead of those fancy schmancy FLAVORED creamers (that I LOVE soooo much). The doc says I might be borderline diabetic, and that I should cut SOME of my carbs (which are already pretty darned low) ... so I figured I would cut out those creamers -- because EVEN the low fat ones have more carbs than I need! Soooooo... TODAY I am thankful that I have "options" in my life that allow me to make educated decisions about keeping me healthy! Annnnd... I'm thankful that in two hours I will be sitting in my new church - again - and that Pastor Paul will probably have some tremendous words of wisdom and faith for me to hear! YAY!

THIS is a sign that is posted as you are leaving my
church! I had taken this picture (OF the sign) just because
I thought it was such a cute message. But then when I got home
and looked at the WHOLE picture, it just cracked me up.
LOOK at it!
You have the sign itself - with it's message. And ABOVE it you have
a sign telling you that it's a RIGHT turn only. And BEHIND it, another sign
telling you there is only ONE WAY to go! You'd think the Lord himself
erected these signs!!!
LOL!
Have a very BLESSED Sunday!
(and the rest of the week too!)
church! I had taken this picture (OF the sign) just because
I thought it was such a cute message. But then when I got home
and looked at the WHOLE picture, it just cracked me up.
LOOK at it!
You have the sign itself - with it's message. And ABOVE it you have
a sign telling you that it's a RIGHT turn only. And BEHIND it, another sign
telling you there is only ONE WAY to go! You'd think the Lord himself
erected these signs!!!
LOL!
Have a very BLESSED Sunday!
(and the rest of the week too!)
Labels: Sunday Seven







8 comment(s):
Great Sunday Seven. You HAVE had a blessed week. Congrats on the scholarship possibility. I love snow storms, too. I always enjoy snow days out of school.
By
Anonymous, at
2/18/2007 10:13 AM
I love your take on the SS - a blessing a day, so to speak. And the sign(s) you pictured is priceless! Thanks for coming by my Sunday Seven.
By
Joan, at
2/18/2007 10:18 AM
Sounds like a terrific week. Love the sign picture. Hope your Sunday service was wonderful. So thankful to hear the wonderful news about Krisiti's scholarship!
By
Lazy Daisy, at
2/18/2007 11:54 AM
I love the way you did this! I might try that next week and look for the blessings in each day. I have a tendency to overlook them! lol
By
Anonymous, at
2/18/2007 1:32 PM
What a great Sunday Seven Melli. I love the sign too, but I do have a question.....what does the STOP sign mean????!!!!
Hope you had a wonderful church experience today.
OH, my seven are up!!!!
By
Jane, at
2/18/2007 4:46 PM
Melli - People in this area commute to Keuka college, it's that close to me. Give me a shout if there is ever anything I can do for you or your daughter.
By
Unknown, at
2/18/2007 8:51 PM
You had a lovely week - even if you lost power for a little bit. We got snow and ice. My driveway is still a mess, but it's getting better every day.
xo
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
2/18/2007 9:06 PM
I am *SO* excite dabout the scholarship! Oh my!! That is just awesome. I received a full ride, and I can just say, I know how hard you must work to get it- no matter the college- it's hard work period. Kudo's to her. Please send her my big congrat's!! I hope she gets it- and if not, a very large one is just as awesome. She can get others to pay the rest!
By
Melzie, at
2/19/2007 12:15 AM
Post a comment
<< Home