.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Crazy 8's!

Beckie over at A Child Of God tagged me with this meme the other day... I'm finally getting around to it!

Here are the rules:

Each player starts with eight (8) random facts/habits about themselves.
Write a blog post about your own eight (8) random things.
Post these rules.
At the end of your blog you need to tag eight (8) people and post their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged.

1. I one time had a little bunny. Dennis didn't want me to get him and said we could only have a rabbit if it was stew! So I named him Stew!

2. I was born in the year of the Rooster. (and I happen to LIKE roosters a great deal!)

3. When I was a sheetmetal worker I ACCIDENTALLY got a very womanly part of my body stuck in a power roller machine! Though tears were squirting out of my eyes, I did NOT utter a sound, and I carefully hit the reverse button to back it back out of there! I never said a WORD to my foreman about it... but I did tell my hubby! (he worked there too)

4. Shortly after Amanda was born I worked as a volunteer for Birthright. I counseled other young pregnant girls on the alternatives to abortion. I was very effective because I was their age and had been there! It's nice knowing that there are actually a few 'human beans' out there who I helped God bring into the world! Birthright is one of my church's things they help out. I'm thinking about getting involved again - but in a different aspect.

5. I have a jar on my desk that holds 3 whole boxes of paper clips. My son sat down one night after I had gone to bed and hooked all of them together. Every last one! It drives me nuts -- just like he knew it would! LOL!

6. I am currently reading "The Measure Of A Man" by Sidney Poitier. It is an EXCELLENT story about his life and I highly recommend it! He is a GREAT story teller and just a really interesting man!

7. I broke a fingernail doing push-ups on Monday. I haven't had time to get it fixed yet... and probably won't until Friday! Ugh!

8. I desperately need to clean out my car, and that is what I am going to go do RIGHT NOW! And then I'm going to water the flowers and the grass!

So, here's my tags! Just let me know when you've posted so I can visit!

You You
You You
You You
You You

6 comment(s):

Loved your expression "human beans"!!! we have adopted twins (non-identical ) 8 yo girls,in our family, their parents were barely 20 yo by the time they were born. Those darling girls have made their adopting parents and extended family so happy!
You know I am a meme-addict...who knows!

By Blogger MaR, at 5/16/2007 3:38 PM  

YOu are and will always be the Queen of Meme

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2007 7:33 PM  

Very good. I have already done this one...I liked how you tagged others....smile!!

Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 5/16/2007 10:00 PM  

I might play later...my brain is tired, ya know? ;)
Ouch! about the impromptu mammogram...that sounds terrible!! I guess I should be grateful I have nothing to get caught in any such machine...lol!!
Love you!!
Jen :)

By Blogger Jennifer, at 5/16/2007 10:55 PM  

Great list of interesting things about you Melli...And some are surprising! These MEME'S Certainly are a good way to get to know people better, aren't they?

By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 5/17/2007 3:48 AM  

in reference to #3: OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! It hurts just reading that!

By Blogger DesLily, at 5/17/2007 7:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home