.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, July 23, 2007

Dizzy Update....

I did get into the doctors today. Not MY doctor mind you -- he couldn't see me until August 20-something! But another doc in the same group.... *shrug* He doesn't think I have Lymes - but he tested for it anyway. He does think I have some inner ear "congestion" - not an infection. He sent me home with 3 medicines to take! A nasal spray for my ears. A decongestant. And an anti-dizzy / anti-nausea stuff to be taken "as needed". ( I wonder if it's addictive...) Told me I'd hear in 7-10 days if I have Lymes. I'm trying to figure out HOW I'll know if they help when they all say MAY CAUSE DIZZINESS! or MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS! ??? I have a feeling I may be in for the long haul on this one! LOL!

8 comment(s):

Melli, I will be praying for you to get better soon! You sure don't need this! or anything else like Lymes either!!

By Blogger Talk..to..Grams, at 7/23/2007 7:17 PM  

I hope this treatment works and there is no need to go further.

If you make your way South, and I can arrange it, I'll come to visit!!

Blessings to you!!

:-) Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 7/23/2007 9:57 PM  

Good Lord! Can the pharmeceutical company's make any more confusing?? I have never understood that...Medicines that can cause the same symptoms you already have but your taking them to help cure what you have...WHAT??? LOL! OY OY OY!

Ask him about Menures Disease..The spelling could be off, but it is pronounce MEN-YOURS....It is an inner ear thing that can cause dizzyness and nausea...! Just a thought, Melli...
Hope whatever it is gets cleared up quickly.

By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 7/23/2007 10:12 PM  

OldOldLady is referring to Meneire's. That is usually associated with hearing loss, and they have wondered in the past if I have that, but it doesn't seem to be the case :) I hav ehad the dizzies for years, off and on, and it's miserable..I'm so sorry you're sidelined with the stuff!! I know what it's like to be lying in the bed when it hits...makes you feel like you're going to fall off, eh?
Big (((HUGS))) to you...I hope the medication at least makes you feel better quick!!
Love you!

By Blogger Jennifer, at 7/24/2007 1:13 AM  

Thank you for getting seen by a doctor. I'm glad it isn't an infection.

Hey aren't you the roller coaster queen....look at this as your own coaster.

Do you have trouble driving? Are you dizzy all the time or just some times?

Gotcha prayed up kiddo.

Hope it is getting better.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 7/24/2007 9:55 AM  

Melli....Melli. Not you too? This Rx stuff for us ladies is getting to be too much. Again, I'm laughing...The meds you're now on for dizziness will cause what it's trying to 'cure'. Same boat here....heart rhythm meds I'm taking may cause arrythmias. Go figure.

Hope you're feeling better, just take it easy girlfriend.

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 7/24/2007 2:47 PM  

Shoot me, go ahead and shoot me now! Put me outta my misery. In the above comment, it's not intentionally implied that I'm laughing AT YOUR Dizziness!! But, the meds causing the same stuff....golly, I put my foot in the keyboard that time, huh?

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 7/24/2007 2:49 PM  

Oh my goodness! It doesn't sound like Lymes, thank goodness! But still, you sound like it's been miserable. Those inner ear things can really mess a person up tho. I hope the new meds help!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7/25/2007 9:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home