Saturday Photo Hunt -- Paper
Join the blogroll. Visit participants.
Coming up with something for Paper was almost as difficultas PLASTIC was! It seems I don't often photograph paper!
But this particular time, I had photographed it - and intentionally
so. This was taken at this years' Relay For Life in my town.
The 2nd luminaire from the bottom left spot is in remembrance
of my Derek's friend, Scott Coyle, who died of Ewings Sarcoma
5 years ago. Derek and Scott were BEST friends! The next one
in from Scott's is in Honor of his mom, Judi Coyle, who not only
coordinates the WHOLE Relay For Life thing for our county -
but also became a cancer survivor herself this past year with
the completion of treatment for breast cancer. It was an honor to
participate in Relay For Life ... in both of their honors!
Labels: Photo Hunt







48 comment(s):
I love that. Usually you only see these displays at Christmas. What a beautiful way to honor people's light in this world! Great choice for paper.
By
Jane, at
9/21/2007 8:53 PM
this is a wonderful post!
great choice for this week's theme.
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 9:06 PM
what a unique honoring your love ones.i like the effect of purple ring.have a blessed weekend!
mine's up too and here http://aniqueanik.blogspot.com/2007/09/photohunt-paper.html
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 9:08 PM
Great Idea. and what a good soul participating in the Relay for Life
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 9:10 PM
This is a sweet way to remember loved ones!! You did a good job with photo hunt!! I like this.....
By
Talk..to..Grams, at
9/21/2007 9:16 PM
A good way to honor your friends.
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 9:18 PM
Good way of remembering someone. Very meaning photohunt.
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 9:19 PM
This is an excellent post. Relay for life is such a good cause and I love the way you told us about the people the luminaries honored and remembered. Take care, Carver
By
Carver, at
9/21/2007 9:25 PM
How perfect a post for today, and for every day. We can't give up this fight.
By
Andree, at
9/21/2007 9:28 PM
That is a wonderful idea. Hope you had a great evening. Have a good weekend too.
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 9:29 PM
The rays of light shining toward heaven are a perfect way to honor loved ones who have died....Thanks for sharing. Baba
By
Baba, at
9/21/2007 9:31 PM
Nice...
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 9:42 PM
Very meaningful post for today! They're beautiful.
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 9:59 PM
such a sweet way to remember your loved ones. Have a great weekend :)
By
Chen, at
9/21/2007 10:03 PM
May the light shine on for both of them.
By
Unknown, at
9/21/2007 10:06 PM
Wow, what a beautiful tribute and post! Very moving. And great shot for this week.
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2007 10:43 PM
I honestly could not find a thing that i had photographed that had paper in it...You did good!! What a wonderful thing to do...
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
9/21/2007 10:50 PM
OK, I might have to have a "meme" intrevention with you! ;)
By
Unknown, at
9/21/2007 11:22 PM
What a lovely shot for this weeks theme and thanks for sharing your story. What a splendid way to remember a lost one. It certainly brings back memories. Thanks for dropping by my paper
By
changeiam, at
9/21/2007 11:30 PM
Beautiful way to remember a dear person and to honor an outstanding woman! I was thinking about taking new pictures when I remembered the shot I posted, Melli. I am already lost for next week's...
Happy saturday!!!
By
MaR, at
9/22/2007 12:34 AM
That is so fabulous.
Mine's up too.
By
FRIDAY'S CHILD, at
9/22/2007 12:37 AM
Beautiful tribute, Melli -- and proof that Scott's light still burns bright in your heart and many others.
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 12:57 AM
Melli, this is a lovely post for the theme, but sad. thanks for sharing and for visiting too.
By
jmb, at
9/22/2007 1:14 AM
Lovely and meaningful post! :)
By
ipanema, at
9/22/2007 1:53 AM
Absolute beautiful way to honor people.
Happy Weekend.
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 2:29 AM
This is a meaningful way to honour people. Happy weekend!
By
eastcoastlife, at
9/22/2007 2:47 AM
What a great idea! Love that shot too;)
Mines up as well!
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 3:30 AM
This is a chilling reminder, and a beautiful one ---may they always be remembered in such a special way.
By
Hootin Anni, at
9/22/2007 7:11 AM
Such a beautiful idea. Great job on your paper post.
Take care,
Connie
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 7:49 AM
A wonderful post!
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 8:30 AM
I love this idea... what a beautiful way to remember our love ones! I will remember this and someday I want to do the same..! Really special idea!
Trinity
By
Trinity, at
9/22/2007 8:42 AM
a very heartfelt entry for the theme. thanks for sharing.
Dexie
http://feistymomma.com
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 9:33 AM
What a great way to "celebrate" paper and remember a life! I was so touched at the Relay for Life last year. My son is now sponsoring a team, and I think I'm going to join it.
Hugs.
Susan
By
Susan, at
9/22/2007 9:42 AM
What a wonderful way to honor the departed friends. This event must be a very serene and touching one. I don't think I can stand going to such an event as I may shed too many tears just by looking at those who were left behind.
Thanks you for sharing this post, Melli. Take care and have a great weekend! :)
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 9:58 AM
your comment was right on. I don't photograph paper (nor plastic) too often if at all..
I like what you chose!
By
SabineM, at
9/22/2007 10:59 AM
love this one. I always do this during the halloween night outside...so neat!
My Two Cents Worth hope u can visit me too.
By
Mommy Lutchi, at
9/22/2007 12:17 PM
How awesome of a remeberance these luminaries are! Your Dereks friend, Scott is in my prayers as is your son...its hard losing people we love! Thanks for visiting my bingo papers today! Twin and I had a blast for our birthday!
By
PowersTwinB, at
9/22/2007 2:23 PM
Those luminaries are wonderful, and what a beautiful way to support those we love. :)
By
Heather, at
9/22/2007 2:43 PM
A very special picture.
Beautiful take.
Loved reading the post about doing another meme because your neice said you were doing too many memes. Soundsjust like what I would do.
Thanks for stopping in.
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 3:06 PM
Well, I have never ever seen or heard of such things before. I guess you have to experience it live to really appreciate it :-)
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 5:18 PM
great photo for this week's theme!
coincidentally, my daughter and i were talking just this morning about participating in Relay for Life again this year. (my mom is a breast cancer survivor, but both my father-in-law and a good friend died from cancer.)
By
alisonwonderland, at
9/22/2007 5:19 PM
Wow - great idea Melli! I just heard about the Relay for Life on a tv program. So great and a beautiful photo too.
I'm glad I surprised you but NOT having sheet music! *S*
Happy weekend
Hugs
L
By
LibertyBelle, at
9/22/2007 6:27 PM
That's a lovely display of paper. I like the significance of the luminaires in your picture. The Relay For Life is a meaningful event for a good cause.
By
Heart of Rachel, at
9/22/2007 7:15 PM
That is really something meaningful
By
yenjai.net, at
9/22/2007 9:17 PM
Absolutely beautiful paper memory. Thanks for sharing.
Come and see mine.
By
Paulie, at
9/22/2007 9:33 PM
This is real meaningful photo. Happy weekend!
By
Anonymous, at
9/22/2007 11:41 PM
Even though you don't have paper photos, you had the perfect one!
It's beautiful, and a wonderful way to celebrate and honor loved ones.
By
Cats~Goats~Quotes, at
9/23/2007 9:21 AM
What a nice idea for paper !! I couldn't play because of this damned Internet connection !
By
Ingrid, at
9/23/2007 11:31 AM
Post a comment
<< Home