.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Saturday, November 24, 2007

FIGHTING with God...

** Update** - Thank you - for all your comments and for your emails too. But mostly for your prayers! I am no longer fighting with God. God and I are back to our original understanding. (but Pastor Paul and I may have to agree to disagree ... ) *whew*


A Question For All My Christian Friends...


How many of you have ever had a FIGHT with God? (that's not my question... it's just "a" question) Right now God and I are having a major argument. As a matter of fact, I'm not even speaking to Him! Have you ever gotten THAT mad at Him? (that's not my question either...) I'm actually assuming that most of you have. My question IS: What do YOU do when you get that angry with God? When you get SO angry that you CAN'T even pray!? What do you do?

I'll tell you what I've done. First I stewed in it for 4 or 5 days. With that I just kept getting angrier and angrier. THEN I started asking friends to pray FOR me. I figured if I can't pray for my own commen sense, then maybe my friends can do it for me! We all know that if I'm not talking to God, it's certainly not HIS fault now is it??? No... of course it's not. He's standing right there with his hand out saying "C'mon Melli... TALK to me... We can work it out." And if HE's doing that, then we knOw who the stubborn one is here - right? Just nod.... I'm not listening anyway...
But HE is. HE hears ya! And I'm starting to think that maybe it's not HIM I'm so mad at anyway... Maybe it's the humans that put their words and their values in God's mouth and mind. Maybe they are the ones I'm really mad at. Because after all... God is GOD... and NObody can tell HIM what to do.

9 comment(s):

Your key words here, in my opinion: "I'm starting to think it's not HIM I'm so mad at anyway..Maybe it's the humans that put their words and their values in God's mouth and mind."

God's a VERY BIG God. He's bigger than any issue or experience we will have have here on Earth. And He's big enough that when we're mad, He can stand there and wait on us to cling to him with all our hurts and anger...even when it's directed at Him.

There are definitely things we will never understand this side of Heaven. When I'm angry with God, I tell Him. I tell Him...like the man who wanted his daughter healed, "I believe Lord...help my unbelief." Because the fact is there is a little wee bit in all of us that doubts...and sometimes our doubts overtake our faith.

Another tip...don't trust Him in the entire situation if you can't. Trust Him for a day or an hour or a minute at a time. If we can trust Him for this minute, then perhaps we can go two minutes...then three...and so on.

Love ya!

:-) Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 11/24/2007 11:29 AM  

Yeah Susan....I completely agree!! melli you know how i feel and maybe you are just mad at yourself and others and really not at God!! I tried to tell you how I feel in an email. I hope I got my point across..love you..sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 11/24/2007 1:36 PM  

you know... even in light of my current situation of one of my best friends...

I can't be mad...I love HIM...

Really, I am so emotionally drained since Wednesday night that if it wasn't for HIM... I couldn't stand... it is through and by HIM, I am standing...

But.. Melli, not to say I won't be angry at some point... because we are so human...

so thank you...

btw my email is on my blog somewhere..
it's fishnparrots@comcast.net

By Blogger Connie Barris, at 11/24/2007 1:51 PM  

Are you upset at God because someone else exercised his/her free will and interfered with life as you were designing it? While you are fuming God may be creating a better design with a richer pattern.

It is so hard for us to see past our broken hearts and/or disrupted plans. That's why we need to trust God; but because we can't see past ourselves, that trust is often hard to come by. You have my prayers.

Remember, God can use all things for good, even that which someone else meant for evil. Continue to examine and work through your anger. When you discover what it is that's really bothering you, God will be right there waiting to help you deal with it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/24/2007 2:37 PM  

Sending HUGs your way :)

By Blogger MaR, at 11/24/2007 4:25 PM  

Oh Melli! Having gone through a divorce I never initiated nor wanted, let me tell you, I got GOOD and ANGRY at God. Yes, I did. I yelled at Him, telling Him He WANTED families together, for Pete's sake! (as though *I* authored "The Book"....) Well, as I grew in His Word, I read a Scripture that says the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf when we don't know how to pray...
I quit yelling, settled down, and asked that the Holy Spirit would not only intercede, but also help me find wisdom to endure.

I did endure and life was able to begin anew...even after walking through some of the darkest, most trying times of my life. AND, through it all, I learned to lean SOLELY on Him. Man will confuse you with well meaning, but often wrongful words that hurt or are totally off base.

I will pray for you.

May God grant you peace that passes ALL understanding!!!!


PS...off to the Photo Hunt!

By Blogger Katya, at 11/24/2007 5:04 PM  

I think you start to understand. It's the church and her hypocrites who put the words in God's mouth. Even the bible was written by men and if you read it you will see everybody has another interpretation of god and Jesus. Only listen to your heart !!

By Blogger Ingrid, at 11/25/2007 12:20 AM  

I love you Melli! I was like Katya.
I didn't want a divorce either and I know how this feels....
I am glad things are getting better!!

By Blogger Talk..to..Grams, at 11/25/2007 7:36 PM  

Well yes Aunt M, I've been angry @ G*d. I'm not a huge speaker to the big guy, but I do pray (is that speaking?) I don't think I've ever been enough mad to just not pray. But I get angry w/him about other things, thinks that we humans control and abuse, our world for example. Our children, who are harmed, physical and emotionally. I get mad. And then I get over it.

I have to agree that the folks that talk FOR him can mess up big time. And shoot, we all mess up. And generally, I forget those folks too - again we're not perfect humans.

I love you lady - for your honestly, your love, your passion. Give it some time and forgive if you can.

By Blogger Unknown, at 11/27/2007 1:15 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home