.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen.... Gallimaufry

Who would have thought that words about ME
beginning with
would be SO grizzly?! OY!

1. GRIEF! That is what the letter "G" has given me this week! I never thought THIS would be a difficult letter!

2. Grandbaby.... the smallest person in my life is my greatest therapist at the moment! (not to mention the apple of my eye!)

3. Grateful.... I do TRY to be a grateful person. Sometimes I'm better at it than others.

4. Gray.... More and more of these hairs keep popping up! But if THIS is the price for being 50 - well, I'll accept them gladly!

5. Generous. I am definitely a giver! I love giving things and money. I'm a little more stingy with my time... but I DO give it too! Just a little more careful about to who and where I give time.

6. Gullible? Not really. But on the rare occassion I've been gotten really GOOD! So I CAN be gullible. Under the right circumstances! And I actually really enjoy it when someone gets me!

7. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches -- one of my VERY favorites! Especially served with tomato soup!

8. GAMES. I've always loved to play games and my kids and I spent our entire summers playing cards and scrabble and other games when they were growing up. We don't play so much anymore -- but everynow and then they all come over and we still enjoy a family night of games! I also have *ahem* a few on line games that I enjoy playing.

9. Grill.... As in that thing my hubby cooks on! *big grin*... that's why I LOVE it! And the food tastes soooooo much better... not sure if it's cuz it's grilled -- or because HE cooked it!

10. Gold. I do prefer gold jewelry to silver. But don't rush out to buy me any - because honestly I don't wear MUCH jewelry at all. I'm really not a *BLING* type person! I can honestly say that after my wedding rings, my hubby has never bought me ONE piece of jewelry -- and he's NEVER been in the dog house for it either!!!

11. Grit. Yea... I am a girl with grit. Probably the kind that gets under your skin and creates a sore... *sigh*

12. Gumshoe. ... I've got a bit of the sleuth in me. (got a bit of the sloth in me too - but that has nothing to do with g words.) I have been known to do some pretty snazzy detective work though. I hunted down my daughter's father when social services couldn't seem to find him! (boy... that was a lonnnnnnnnng time ago!)

13. GOD!!! He whom I am MOST Grateful for!!! He whom I THANK (with all my heart) for my grandbaby, my generous nature, my gray hair, my moments of gullibility, the daily bread upon which my grilled cheese sandwiches are made, games and the people to play them with, our grill (and the hubby to cook on it), the gold in them thar hills, my grit (which He occasionally uses to His benefit), and for providing me resources and Guidance when I need to be a Gumshoe!!! He is GOOD all the time! ALL the time, He is GOOD!

Food For Thought: Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish - but you can only spend it once!

12 comment(s):

Great list of "G's".

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 3/12/2008 11:33 PM  

Grateful ? More ? and why ? Yesterday two Jehova witness rang at the door and they looked grateful (they have to) ! And grey hairs nowadays are no problem anymore just pour some color over it.
I am purring like an old cat, I just found a summerschool in the Ardennes (Belgian mountains) one week PHOTOSHOP ! End of July !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 3/13/2008 12:43 AM  

Boy! There are a lot of Gs fit you. But don't grandbabies make you feel so good and make you feel you're alive?

By Blogger Unknown, at 3/13/2008 1:05 AM  

Great G-list! I am glad that there is still a gold-instead-of-silver woman left on the planet besides me (though I DO wear a lot of [costume] jewelry).

Mine:
13 Hearts

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2008 2:24 AM  

I have colorful, rectangular proofs of your generosity :)
I am happy for you about your grandbaby and I am somewhat jealous (in a positive way!) of your strong faith.
Have a wonderful day, Melli. Loved the food for thought.

By Blogger MaR, at 3/13/2008 2:39 AM  

We share some G qualities! :)

By Blogger Barb, at 3/13/2008 4:17 AM  

Golly! Great glist, Gmelli!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2008 7:54 AM  

Good, Great List of G words today!! I thought that the O's were hard but Brie was here to help me through them.
Hope your day is going great!! I ACTUALLY have a day at home. Oh how I miss being at home!! I just love it!!
Keep in touch. Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 3/13/2008 11:08 AM  

Well Melli, you have posted a great list of "G's" that fit you perfect..You have a very generous heart, that is why we love you so much...Hugs, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 3/13/2008 11:26 AM  

Good (starts with a "G"!!) idea!

I played too!

By Blogger Teena in Toronto, at 3/15/2008 12:07 PM  

I'm coming up on "f's" and am FRETTING already!!

This is a great list.

Hugs to you,

susan

By Blogger Susan, at 3/16/2008 9:38 PM  

Hey Mel, great list! I was off for a few days so missed out on everything. No computer access! Yikes!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 3/17/2008 1:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home