.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Friday, August 22, 2008

Reflect This - Day 6...

REFLECT THIS...
Day 6


Sometimes when you're looking for something...
like a reflection...

if it were a snake it would of bit ya!

Such was the case when I was washing my hands
in this ladies room...

and lamenting the fact that I'd not yet
found
a decent reflection...
until I went to DRY my hands...
and it almost BIT me!

Reflect This is being hosted by Quilly
It runs 8/17 - 8/23
If you want to play along, pop over and see her!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luz Estrella is coming to play today! And spend the night tonight! Yippee! I don't suspect I'll be around much this afternoon or evening... but I will get as much visiting done as I can this morning! Oh boy Oh boy! I WONDER what we'll get into today! I LOVE it when she comes HERE to play!

Krysti is all settled in at her new college! She was NOT happy leaving "the real world" to go back to school! She had been working at the Sheriff's Office all Spring & Summer -- and she was making decent money too! $12/hr! So, it was a little bit hard to leave a job she LOVED, in her field, and go back to get that education -- so that she can go on to do MORE in her field and make bigger bucks! She knows that's "out there" -- but at 19, $12/hr is hard to let go of! And of course, she's gotten to be good friends with all the cops, and all the office ladies... so it was hard to leave friends too. But she's there NOW and getting "oriented" and classes will start on Monday -- and her roommate is her BEST FRIEND since birth! Sooooo life WILL be good! The new school is only an hour and a half away -- so she can come home any weekend she wants. And as a matter of fact, she will be home in two weeks because she has to be in court to testify on an arrest she was in on. Exciting stuff! (oh! I forgot to tell you guys she got to spend 3 hours on a high speed chase a couple of weeks ago! Man! She was wired for DAYS after that event!) LOL!

So, once again I am left with only ONE kid left at home. I wonder how long it will last THIS time... Actually... I need to start working on wigglin' HIM out the door. He's gonna be a toughy. But he's also the one that once he goes, he WON'T be back. I'll be lucky if I ever see him again! And that kinda keeps me from rushing him... *sigh*

Labels:

18 comment(s):

Hey, not too very long ago didn't you razz me and say something ab out the fact that pretty soon I'd be taking photos in public restrooms? You want to check whose reflection that is there holding that camera, hmmmm?

HAve fun with Luz. Take a picture of you reflected in her eyes. It will look like love and joy, I'm sure.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/21/2008 11:53 PM  

You are very good with your camera, Melli, I simply love that shot!!!!
I drove by the new police station yesterday and I realize...they have huge mirrored walls! right by the entrance...I imagined taking zillion shots, I wonder if they would let me...!

Have fun with Luz, I am sure you will.

Coffee??
:)

By Blogger MaR, at 8/22/2008 2:13 AM  

Great find that snazzy looking hand dryer!
And ...I see you! :)

Have a great day with Luz!

By Blogger Carletta, at 8/22/2008 2:45 AM  

Taking pictures in restrooms? LOL!
I do the same, so yeah, I guess we ARE both a little bit crazy huh!
Who was the other lady? I wanted to take pictures in the London Hilton last week. I walked in with my camera in my hand, to find someone leaving the toilets right that minute! So I had to quickly hide it behind my back or something, (I don't remember what I did exactly) ! It looks a little bit conspicuous when somebody walks into the restroom area with a camera in her hands now does it? Anyway, you can take it from me, reflections are EVERYWHERE!!

By Blogger Jientje, at 8/22/2008 8:08 AM  

I love that shot Melli. Mine is in the bathroom too but it was for PH wrinkled and not as interesting as your shot. Have a great time with Luz today!

By Blogger Carver, at 8/22/2008 8:54 AM  

Wonderful reflection my friend....I would have like to have been the lady who walks in the bathroom and sees you taking a picture of the hand dryer!!!!!
Enjoy your grand daughter!

By Blogger Jane, at 8/22/2008 9:24 AM  

You look very nice in this bulb or whatever it is, I don't know but for the moment I see reflections in everything ! Not yet in cat tails ! Re the walker somebody wrote me that the MIL or grandma walks her cat around like that. I think that would fit on me too !
Wow ! how exciting, Krysti could be the futur DIL of Mr. Columbo ! you will see ! and bumerang children are all over the world !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 8/22/2008 9:45 AM  

Very nice shot. Have a ball with Luz!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2008 9:53 AM  

nice shot!droppin by to say hi and enjoy the weekend!

By Blogger ellen, at 8/22/2008 10:11 AM  

Wow...we don't have that nice of a hand dryer here...or I don't go to snazzy enough places. ;)

Krysti is getting invaluable experience working for the Sheriff's dept. My son, in another field, did a work study that helped him so much when he got out of college. It gives them contacts, experience, and when they go to work they know how to work.

Have fun with Luz today and night. My kids are coming tomorrow for a visit....so, I will be very busy today and the rest of the weekend, too.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 8/22/2008 10:26 AM  

I didn't join in this challenge because I could only think of one shot of a reflection that I had, but you're finding some great ones!

Have fun with Luz today!

Thanks for the birthday greetings!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2008 11:23 AM  

What a good shot!! Is that a hand dryer.?? I have never seen one quite like that before but how great it was right there for you!!
Krysti is back to school..wow!! Our granddaughter goes this next week to Wisconsin for college. Her first time away from home. I know it will be very good for her.
WE are getting rain like you cannot believe. Just tons of it today..
Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 8/22/2008 3:32 PM  

wow, melli, this is more than cool! well done for finding this reflection, and in a ladies room, no less!

(btw, i have added a little explanation about that shot)

By Blogger juliana, at 8/22/2008 5:15 PM  

I love the reflection.
I remember getting our kids off to college. They were all close enough to come home when they wanted to. That is until Pennie went to graduate school in Boston. That was harder.
Now we see Pennie every day and the boys once a month or so.
I would think college would be refreshing unlerss one likes high speed chasesa.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 8/22/2008 7:12 PM  

Took me a minute to figure that picture out. Cool!

Hope everyone adjusts quickly to the new season.

By Blogger Minkydo, at 8/23/2008 12:00 AM  

This is a great photo, Melli. Isn't it amazing how reflections can show up in the strangest places, haha. Sad how so many others don't even see them and their beauty. I'm glad you saw this one.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/23/2008 5:36 PM  

Woofenderful!! I would'a missed this one, Melli. I would be lookin' up at the bottom of it, arf arf arf.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/23/2008 5:37 PM  

Got Kristi all prayed up. I'm glad she went back, I'm sure it was hard for her to give up her job. Miss you.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 8/25/2008 4:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home