.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Day And a Half...

I thought it just might be a 36 Hour Day right from the time I got up this morning! I heard Mom come down the steps, so I got up ... I came down to find her in her pajamas - the same ones she wore last night - but with 2 shirts on underneath, socks, shoes, and lipstick. This was a pretty good indication of the kind of day I was going to have! Then I walked into the kitchen to find the coffee pot on the stove burner! Fortunately she had not yet figured out HOW to turn the burner on. Life is gonna get interesting....

Today was one of those days where I kept trying to get things done, but didn't really get ANYthing done... I did manage to get to the post office to send back the video card that DIDN'T fit. That was something anyway. And I got a mess of Mathew's straightened out between his insurance and the MVA. So that was something too. Really it was NO mess and never should have been an issue ... but you know the MVA! It's okay, it's all taken care of now. Mom & I went out to lunch ... we hadn't done that for awhile. Then we came home and I tried to work on my Bible study, but my eyes kept closing, so I layed down to try to take a nap, but my phone kept ringing... I think I did finally get about a 30 minute nap -- it must have been enough -- here it is 10:00 and I'm still awake!

Mathew & Carol came over for a little while tonight. Mathew needed to borrow my Truck for a few days. His car is in the shop, and he needs to get to work. I was a little bit scared to give it to him because it was tapping so badly I've been afraid it might blow up! But Dennis looked it over and said it's the exhaust tapping and not the engine... so I hope it doesn't break down on him! We're not putting any more money into that truck! I keep telling Dennis I think we should get rid of it - but he keeps saying we'll hang on to it until the insurance expires. I guess that's reasonable. And it IS coming in handy right now....

Krysti was in the emergency room this afternoon and evening. She was feeling very flu-ish again today - worse than she did all weekend, and was vomiting. Her temp was elevated - 102.7 when she got to the hospital, and her white count was low. Now, this disturbed me... her blood pressure dropped 20 points during the time she was there... and yet, they released her and told her to come back on Wednesday and get the bloodwork re-done. Her BP dropped from 123/70 to 103/55 -- and they RELEASED her??? The only thing they gave her was a prescription for ibuprofen. She was dehydrated but they never even gave her any water. (which she would have thrown up) But they didn't start an IV either. I'm not too happy about any of this. I know God will look out for her -- but it's still hard to be a mom when your child is sick and far away. If you pray, please keep her in your prayers for now. Thank you!

Bible study was great tonight -- this one always is! We are just such a good and lively group - and somebody always has good questions or comments that really make the discussions good! I just LOVE it! This study is going to be winding down in the next 2-3 weeks and we are going to have a rather extensive (6 week) break before we start up again. I'm sO sad! But I asked - again - if we could do a study on Daniel next, and I was once again rejected! (this group has already studied Daniel and apparently it was gut-wrenching) BUT... one of the gentlemen told me that if I could disguise myself as a man OR bake really well, the Saturday morning MEN's study is ON Daniel RIGHT NOW! I know 75% of the men in that study and I don't think any one of them would deny me access! So I just MIGHT be joining the Men's study! This should be verrrrrrry interesting! The only drawback is that they meet at 7:30 on Saturday mornings! (what IS it with men???)

13 comment(s):

You've had a busy day!

Men have fewer responsibilities early in the morning (moms seem to have more in the morning). Even though it is Saturday, some may still work and I am sure the others have a honey-do list waiting for them. I would rather have a studied up husband work on a honey-do list. He might think is not important if not under the influence of a good Bible study. Hang in there, have you ever thought of doing a on-line study of Daniel or just one on your own? Don't let the lack of a warm breathing group stop you from investigating what the word has for you.

Hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday. I am praying for your girl. This truly must be difficult for you.

By Blogger Lanny, at 11/17/2008 11:17 PM  

Melli -- find a Bible study on Daniel you want to do, put it out on the web so we can all buy a copy, and we'll do it together online! We'll just meet in a blog instead of RL! As we study through out the week we can post our thoughts, ideas and questions. You know, it just might work.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/18/2008 12:58 AM  

Oh dear....well, I do hope that it's nothing seriously wrong with Krysti!!

And I hope your Tuesday is a bit more calm [calm for Melli's house that is] than Monday.

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 11/18/2008 7:38 AM  

Oh busy days!! yeap i know about them..yesterday was one and today will probably be one too with mrs. B then picking up the grands after school!! never a dull moment.
I knew that i could not stand the pain in my knee any longer so you will do things that you really DO NOT want to do to get on the OTHER side of pain!! They really do not hurt it is just the pressure of the cortisone going in that is somewhat painful!! i thought that Mrs. B was going to burn things down yesterday..what a mess!! She was trying to put a microwave meal in a toaster oven since her microwave does not work. i would have never opened the meal if i had known the microwave did not work!! I know now!!
Have a great day...

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 11/18/2008 7:49 AM  

Oh, Melli, you are always so busy and there is so much going on around you all the time!!
Hope Krysti feels well soon. C'mon over, coffee is ready!!

By Blogger MaR, at 11/18/2008 8:16 AM  

Good morning Melli, I hope Krysti feels better soon.. it's hard to go to classes and study when you feel bad.I wonder if she has Mono??? I will pray for her a speedy recovery.

I think the men would let you come to their Bible study, if you bring some brownies!!!

Have a good day.. hugs.. baba

By Blogger Baba, at 11/18/2008 8:32 AM  

I am disturbed, too, that they didn't try to get some iv fluids in Krysti! I hope she feels better soon. It's discouraging to make the effort to go the the ER when you're so sick, only to not et any help.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/18/2008 10:40 AM  

Hope both Mom and Krysti are both better today.
Have a good day..

By Blogger Carletta, at 11/18/2008 10:41 AM  

That must have been funny to see mom in that outfit, lol (not for you of course !) Hope Krysti gets better soon. Chantal is so happy here without her husband, her son takes care of him. She had to put out his clothes for 2 weeks with a date and a number otherwise he wouldn't dress !!!

By Blogger Ingrid, at 11/18/2008 11:20 AM  

There must be something in the air with the moms. My mil was on the phone this morning giving my husband a hard time about her doctor appt. She is insisting she was there last week. It has been 3 months. I'm really very concerned about her. She has become very agitated, anxious (please God...good drugs for one of us), and sort of distrustful. My hubby has a call in to the doc's nurse to make them aware before her appt. tomorrow.

Hope Krysti is better today.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 11/18/2008 11:40 AM  

Wow, where did my Monday go? Sounds rather normal for your household. I hate non-issues that get blown out of proportion. Been Praying for all your household. Hope Krisiti is 100% better by now.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 11/18/2008 11:56 AM  

Sounds like you have your hands full. I often wish for more hours in the day just to finish my day.

Hope you daughter gets better soon!

By Blogger Family Man, at 11/18/2008 1:07 PM  

It sounds like everything with mom turned out pretty well after all. Every time I read your adventures with mom our time with both moms comes flowing back. What they piut on in the morning was always a problem. But neither of them tried to cook.
Sorry your daughter is sick> it is hard to be a parent at a distance. Boy do I understand that.
Sometimes we have vehicles just to loan them out. My son Patrick has borrowed a lot of mine. In fact he and the boys are riding around in mmy old Montana which I sold him for $ 1.00.
Betty went to Bible study today and hers was great too. They always study the lessons for the coming Sunday. It is like preperation for hearing the sermon.
Good luck on getting into Daniel.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 11/18/2008 6:47 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home