Macro Monday
Once again I forgot all about Macro Monday UNTIL I visited Jientje's blog this morning. So I quickly looked around and since "heat" was the primary focus of MY attention this morning, I also made it the primary focus of my photos this morning! It is currently 21 degrees where I live... and my downstairs heat pump has sort of forgotten how to keep up when the temps drop that low! Thus I was scrambling to get a fire in the fireplace this morning! My living room has now warmed up to a toasty 65 on the outer edges! (of course it's about 135 right next to the fireplace!) LOL!
If you "big" these it really is amazing some of the detail that is captured in that fire!










13 comment(s):
If I didn't know what it was I would say the second picture looked like a sunset over a mountain range.
We were in the 60s last week and in the 20s this week.
By
Anonymous, at
12/22/2008 10:18 AM
It is so nice to see that fire burning and giving us heat. We are below zero again,and at -22 wind chill.
By
bettygram, at
12/22/2008 10:41 AM
Nice and much warmer as mine !
Have a lovely Christmas !
By
Mamapippa ..., at
12/22/2008 11:18 AM
Very nice shots...I have a gas fireplace in Virginia. I always miss the crackling logs and flames that dance erratically.
By
Anonymous, at
12/22/2008 11:30 AM
Love the fire pictures. God Bless and Merry Christmas
By
Family Man, at
12/22/2008 12:13 PM
Wow! I'm surprised you didn't melt your camera! Great shots.
By
Anonymous, at
12/22/2008 1:08 PM
There is something about fire that is so mesmerizing!!! And beautiful.
Hope your holiday preparations are nearly complete and you're ready for the 1st Christmas with Luz!!!!
BTW...
"In fact, no other consumer plant has been as widely tested as the poinsettia. Researchers at Ohio State University (OSU) have measured the effects of ingesting unusually high doses of all parts of the plant (including the leaves, stems and sap) and found the plant to be non-toxic. According to POISINDEX (R), the information resource used by the majority of U.S. poison control centers, a 50-pound child would have to eat more than 1.25 pounds of poinsettia bracts (500 to 600 leaves) to exceed the experimental doses that found no toxicity.
That's not to say you should eat one, though. Like other non-food items, if ingested, the poinsettia may cause some stomach discomfort -- but nothing more."
The myth of poinsettias being poisonous is just that 'an old wives' tale'.
http://www.rabbit.org/care/poinsettia.html
- - -
May your Christmas find you with all the joy, peace and happiness ever, Melli!!!!
By
Hootin Anni, at
12/22/2008 2:06 PM
....well, of course you're right. Why I thought this was the 1st Christmas, I'll never know. I need a reminder now and then. :o)
By
Anonymous, at
12/22/2008 5:38 PM
Too bad you had to make a fire to keep warm but the pictures are great.
By
Dr.John, at
12/22/2008 7:07 PM
Just told Hubby that I want to have a nice warm fire on Christmas Day, all day. I love fires in the hearth!
By
Maribeth, at
12/22/2008 8:03 PM
What a perfect subject! It makes me feel warmer and I sure wish I had a fireplace. :)
By
Unknown, at
12/22/2008 8:38 PM
That was THE idea ! it looks so artistic, bravo !! You could make a poster out of it, hang it on the wall and it would heat the room !
By
Ingrid, at
12/23/2008 1:53 AM
I can feel the heat coming off the coals.
Lovin' Macro Monday
Cameo @-->-->---
By
CameoRoze (Margaret), at
12/23/2008 1:29 PM
Post a comment
<< Home