.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wordzzle... and nothing else.


The Wordzzle Challenge is hosted each week by Raven

This Week's Ten Word Challenge is: When pigs have wings, Moonlight, Mystery, Tower of Babel, Butterflies, Bread and butter, Beef barley soup, Charley horse, Novelty, Cold shoulder

Look at that snow comin' down! I swear! I don't think it's snowed like that since the winter of '65! My cold shoulder tells me it's not gonna quit for awhile either. That was one of the best snow storms I can remember. The kids were 6 and 8 years old, and that was the storm they built that grand snow fort. The first evening they had it, we fit the whole family inside and told stories by moonlight! Sean got a charley horse gettin' up, and we all laughed so hard! We shouldn't have - I know! They're so darned painful... but he was limpin' around like an OLD man, and it was just funny! My I'd like to see him limp around like that again... these days laughter like that is such a novelty. When we got too cold, we all came back in the house and had supper. Beef barley soup with homemade cheese bread and butter! Nothin' ever tasted so good! Just the thing for a snowy day like that. Sean built a fire and we sat around the kitchen table playing games. Tower of Babel was the kids favorite, but Sean and I always liked that word game, When Pigs Have Wings. Bradley hated that game - but he always won! That child was a mystery to me. Of course, we had to play a round of Capture the Butterfly for Suzanne... bored the rest of us to tears... but it was her favorite, and we always let her win. I'll never forget it that night though, because she had no sooner won the game than the power went out! We stumbled around looking for some candles, and then set up camp on the floor with the sleeping bags and lanterns -- right in front of the fire. Yep... those were some good times. I hope the kids stop by today. Maybe they'll get snowed in...


Mini Challenge: Software, Lottery, Newspaper, Mailman, Ringo Starr’s drum

Ahhh... my coffee's ready. Let's see what the newspaper has to say this morning. Oh... look at that... Ringo Starr's drum sold at Sotheby's for ... 2 million dollars?! That can't be right. People are crazy. Hmmmm... Mailman Bit By Mail Order Python... Is this MY newspaper? Sounds more like the National Inquirer. Oh here's something new! Microsoft is having problems with their new software program! Haha... the more things change, the more they stay the same! Let me take a look at the lottery numbers. ... oh... would ya look at that... I bet the kids will want to get snowed in with me now! hehehe... I'll save THIS news 'til they get here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Now I have a cold.
I'm not complaining...
I'm just sayin'...

15 comment(s):

This is a rough time of year to have a cold...not that there's ever a GOOD time. Hope it's a short-lived one and you feel better soon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/2008 10:50 PM  

I just go through my mail, I catched a cold and feel lousy !!

By Blogger Ingrid, at 12/20/2008 2:14 AM  

I particularly like the first one - paints a perfect picture of a winter's day and I love the way you used cold shoulder!

I didn't play this week (no time)but had to stop by to read other's efforts to get my wordzzle fix. :)

By Blogger Akelamalu, at 12/20/2008 6:18 AM  

Get well soon, you hear?

By Blogger Maribeth, at 12/20/2008 7:44 AM  

Your stories get better and better. I just felt the joy and the pain of loss in the first story.
I almost missed the whole point of the second. When you have dense readers yo have to spell it out.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 12/20/2008 8:38 AM  

These were both great but I loved the warmth of that first one. Made me want to be there in the memory with you. Sorry about the cold... love the running nose graphic. Humor is the best medicine... or one of the best.

By Blogger Raven, at 12/20/2008 10:27 AM  

Great stuff! Between you and Dr John I think my brain might explode with so much creativity around....

By Blogger Alastair, at 12/20/2008 11:00 AM  

I can't find your photohunt pic,.... are you not playing anymore? Wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
IF A FAT GUY GRABS YOU AND PUTS YOU IN A BAG,
DON'T WORRY, I TOLD SANTA I WANTED A GOOD FRIEND FOR CHRISTMAS!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2008 11:49 AM  

You hit a home run with these Melli. I could see Norman Rockwell using the first one as inspiration for a portrait. Lots of chuckles in the mini too.

By Blogger Jeff B, at 12/20/2008 12:38 PM  

AWWWWWW, feel better soon. Drink OJ and get lots of rest!!!
{{{{hugs}}}}

By Blogger Jane, at 12/20/2008 4:24 PM  

Sorry Melli,..... you are right. My sister haven't played much with my brother being so ill, and recently passed away the first of this month. Becci had spent a lot of her time taking care of my brother up in Mich. Maybe with the new year, we can get back into the groove of things. Happy Holidays.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2008 5:21 PM  

"Those were some good times." Brilliant rendering of memory. Melli, you are a natural story teller.

I loved the whimsy in the second.

By Blogger gabrielle, at 12/20/2008 6:36 PM  

Wonderful Wordzzle! I loved your story. I can't wait until the Christmas crazy is behind us, OC is back to regular bad rehearsals and I have some time to play along again!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2008 7:53 PM  

Wonderful wordzzles Melli!
Reading the newspaper was very clever.
Feel better soon.

By Blogger Carletta, at 12/20/2008 8:40 PM  

I loved the warmth of your first story.
May that cold be on the run.

By Blogger bettygram, at 12/20/2008 8:59 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home