.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Alphabet Photo Challenge -- A & B....

ALPHABET PHOTO CHALLENGE
Week 1 - A + B



Welllllllll... my first two attempts at my own challenge are pretty boring!

I found letter A in the electirical substation a few miles
from my house. Doesn't get much more boring than that!





And letter B was found in a parking lot! Something
tells me I might have to get out of this podunk county
to find some interesting, beautiful, or artsy type
letters.... but I'm still hoping for some good nature-ish
letters in town!
This is NOT an easy challenge! LOL!
(who thought of this anyway???)

My apologies... I tried to add a Linky - but then I remembered why I quit using them. 1) They often don't work. and 2) They slow my page load down to a crawl! Instead if you let me know that you have played in my comments, I will link you up here. Thanks!
Quilly
Carletta
Barbara H.
Jientje(half a day late - but forgiven!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I didn't want to talk about anything yesterday... I just wanted it to be about the inauguration and nothing else. I have committed myself to praying for Barack Obama and his cabinet every single solitary day for the duration of his presidency. I want this president to be successful. I want the world to be as happy with him 4 years from now as they are today. And I want Congress and the Senate to cooperate and play well together in helping him to reach his goals for our country. And I believe praying is the most important thing I can do to help. Certainly I will help in any other ways the Lord leads me to, but prayer is the one thing I am certain I can help with.

I did watch the entire inauguration on television and most of the parade as well. I did NOT go into DC -- I stayed home, warm and comfy and near my very own clean bathroom! And I was able to see the President, and his gorgeous First Lady, and their two precious little girls, up close and enjoy all their beautiful smiles and the pleasure and excitement of their day. I am (as I write this) still anxiously waiting to see Michelle Obama's ball gown! (and hoping I can stay awake long enough!) I am, frankly, televisioned OUT at this point... I watched more today than I have watched in the past 10 years put together -- but I do dearly want to see that gown! I'm counting on Hubby to holler when it makes an appearance!

I'm just wondering if any of you noticed the absence of Sarah Palin at the festivities? I had not noticed... but Dennis did. He is quite observant. Did anyone else see her?


Dennis had a great birthday on Monday! Mom and I went to the dollar store and got decorations for a PIRATE birthday party! ROFL! Luz loves pirates, so I figured a pirate party would make HIM the coolest PopPop on the planet! Well... he is with or without pirate birthday parties! But she did like it -- and so did he! A few pics....


The Birthday Boy!!!
Aargh Aargh!


Pirate Me & Pirate Mom



Pirate Mathew & Pirate Carol


Pirate Luz & Pirate Derek
(I love how the parrot is ALMOST on Derek's shoulder!)


Luz helped PopPop blow out his candles...
he couldn't have done it without her!


~YUM!!~

Labels:

18 comment(s):

I want to be a member of your family! This looks like so much fun!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2009 12:08 AM  

Looks like everybody had a great time! I don't suspect any of those brownies are left - gosh that looks so yummy.

I think your A&B are cool. It took me awhile to find an A but it finally showed and I even changed my B!

By Blogger Carletta, at 1/21/2009 1:03 AM  

Is there no Mr. Linky?

By Blogger Carletta, at 1/21/2009 1:17 AM  

Congratulations to your new President !
For the first time I watched an inauguration life too ! I never had, but this was special. The first American president I remember was Kennedy ! Long time ago !
what a great birthday party ! according to the pictures you must have a lot of fun !
This afternoon I drive Mr. Gattino to the hospital. We are both happy that the day has finally come !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 1/21/2009 3:03 AM  

I was glued to the screen the entire evening too. That is the first ceremony I have watched with great attention since the wedding of Princess Di! And the first lady and his kids are all adorable. I could not help taking pictures and make a post out of it for today. Sorry about the A's and the B's but I lost so much time looking for them! I don't think I have the brains to do this! Love yours though!
The birthday party looks like it was a blast!Knowing you, I"m sure it was! Mom had fun! I always like seeing that!

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/21/2009 3:29 AM  

I think your A and B pics are VERY creative. You done good!
Now about the picture of the YUMMY looking goodies on the pirate plate, CRUEL!!!!! Now I have drool all over my laptop!
LOL, looks like Dennis had a great birthday.

By Blogger Jane, at 1/21/2009 9:18 AM  

Cool Party!

I live close to DC as well, and made sure I stayed as far away from the crowds as well. We watched from the warmth of our house as well. I too hope that god gives Obama the wisodm to see this country through to better days!

By Blogger Family Man, at 1/21/2009 10:18 AM  

Looks like a fun party!!

I watched the swearing in and a little before and after.

I finally got my A and B up -- had a challenge with my photo program today!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2009 11:15 AM  

Ohhhhhhhhhhh dear Melli. I didn't realize it was just for Wednesdays...the 'natural' letter meme. And I thought we could just post them as we find them. rofl.

Dummie me.

I guess I'm out of the 'picture' then on this particular challenge as I messed up and didn't post it.

Now, I'm getting ready to go out with Bud for the day and won't be able to post it.

Maybe I can catch up on it ALL by NEXT Wednesday? Would THAT be okay with you? If I do A B AND C next week on Wednesday? It's up to you to let me know. :::shrug:::

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2009 11:51 AM  

Oh hows much fun this is! I wish I'd been there!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 1/21/2009 3:05 PM  

I could not do that meme that "someone" made up....needs too much thinking..ha!!
You had a great party for hubby like always of course!!
You always seem to have a great time...course that is just YOU right? Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 1/21/2009 3:53 PM  

I am just not creative enough to figure out those letter things... you did a marvelous job!!!

What a great birthday party. I took my hubby out to dinner at Sizzler. Unfortunately, we have both had better meals. Oh well, he loved his box of chocolates AND his new computer.

By Blogger carol g, at 1/21/2009 4:18 PM  

Okay!! One day late but I'm joining in! I did not want to disappoint you Melli! It will be up at 12.01 my time that's about twenty minutes from now! Hope you'll like it!

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/21/2009 5:45 PM  

Your AB pictures were well done but note you had to leave the house to do them. In this weather I only leave the house to go to Church.
I know how you hate TV so congratulations on watching as much as you did.
I never saw so many pirates in one place.
I am working on your interview.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 1/21/2009 7:34 PM  

About Sarah Palin not being there--I don't think many, if any, of the state governors would ordinarily be in attendance at the inauguration. I know my governor was not. Mostly it's the Congressional folks who are there.

So I don't think there was any special reason to think she should have been in attendance.

Interesting meme you have going... but you're right, it's a hard one!

By Blogger Bet, at 1/21/2009 7:58 PM  

I watched too,but I missed the actual swearing in because Dr John and I were writing our story at the same time and I was writing my sentence just then but the news showed me. I wish there was some way to make the parade shorter. I noticed that the attention to those at the end was not the same as those at the beginning.

By Blogger bettygram, at 1/21/2009 8:36 PM  

Dear Melli,
I think Jientje's A and B were great and they made me want to play too.
May I come and play C next week with you?
Sincerely,
Willow

By Blogger Willow, at 1/21/2009 11:22 PM  

That looks like you had a great time :)

I came via Jientje to play the letter game.
Hope, I'm still early enough.

Got A and B
:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2009 10:37 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home