.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, January 12, 2009

Moonset...

I've told you all before that I don't do very well with night pictures. I keep trying... I am tenacious if nothing else. But I'm just not GOOD at it. And I'm not verrrrrrrrry good at early morning photography either. My good coffee buddy, Mar, has posted a GORGEOUS shot of the full moon taken a day or two ago. When I got up (way to early) yesterday morning, the moon was just setting over my neighbors house, and I looked out the window and saw it's golden orange gorgeousness and grabbed my camera and ran outside... and I was not thrilled with the results I got. You see....

THIS is about how light it was outside.
(but this was using a flash and ended up washing out the moon -
which did NOT look like this!)


So I turned the flash off, and got this - which is NOT
what my eye was seeing either. This would be GREAT if the
photo had been taken at say 4:30 am!


THIS is closer to what my moon looked
like... only is was lighter outside and the
moon was bit oranger.

Sometimes I hate cameras.
WHY can't they just see what I see???
Or capture what I see?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside from this lousy photography, I don't have much to tell you.... only that I'm dealing with some really emotional "self" stuff right now, and if you are one of my praying friends, could ya just lift me up? God knows my needs... just ask Him to guide me and give me strength. And maybe toss in a little sumpin' sumpin' for Dennis - to maybe have patience to put up with me! I'm sure I'll be back to ol' Melli again soon. I HOPE! (Gattina says I'm having a midlife crisis. I thought I had that a couple of years ago - but maybe I'm one of the fortunate who get TWO!)

17 comment(s):

Melli:

You will in my prayers, for a speedy resolution to your "really emotional self stuff".

Have faith. They say that god doesn't give us more than we can handle. I try to remind myself of that each and every day.

By Blogger Family Man, at 1/12/2009 12:43 PM  

Melli -- you're an "over the top" kind of person, so it would be just like you to have two midlife crisi!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2009 1:00 PM  

Oh! Of course you know you're on my daily payer list! I love you. So does God. Hold on!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2009 1:01 PM  

Hang in there girl! You don't seem to have the personality to let anything keep you down for long. This too will pass! I pray that the Lord will watch over you and keep you in the palm of his hand as you struggle with this problem!

By Blogger Aggiema (Michelle), at 1/12/2009 1:26 PM  

Prayers are sent Melli, have you checked the manual settings on your Camera, most have these so you can take pictures in different environments.

Blessings my Friend, keep happy thoughts for me as well, I have a decision to make that may drastically change my life as well.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2009 1:48 PM  

I have you in my thoughts as well Melli! But ya' know, as I read the comments and then saw the words, 'Old Fart', it made me chuckle to myself and think that you just can't take things too seriously. You are one of those people, like me, that can find humor in about any situation, so I'm sure that will get you through whatever crisis you might have. :-) You are a special person and I would hate to think of Melli without a big smile on her face.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2009 2:39 PM  

Hey, hugs girl!!!
You're in my thoughts and prayers too!
And about that camera, I hate it too sometimes, when it does not come out the way I've seen it!

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/12/2009 3:31 PM  

Your camera didn't cost enough. Neither did mine. It isn't us. Tell yourself that. If you had one of those fantastic new $2000 cameras that see in the dark you would have no problem.
I will pray for you. I think you need Ella home.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 1/12/2009 6:04 PM  

Well...girlfriend...you KNOW I'm praying for you! We all have these seasons where we just have to do some soulcleaning...and it's OK. You'll come out on the other side with something to share that will help others, I'm sure. I love you and I love your pics. My favorite is the last one. It looks like the cover of a real thriller novel.

Hugs,

Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 1/12/2009 7:28 PM  

I am praying for you.
I can't help you with photos, because I do not know how to, other than point and shoot.

By Blogger bettygram, at 1/12/2009 8:26 PM  

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I feel pretty certain you will return to your natural self soon. Hang on good things are coming your way.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 1/13/2009 12:01 AM  

Oh yes...the moon shot...the last one is great! The moon was very close to the earth is why it appeared so large. Wasn't it beautiful!

By Blogger Amber Star, at 1/13/2009 12:03 AM  

Love your last shot!! it took a few trials and there you are. Same with everyday life, I guess... Keeping you in my thoughts. And keeping a mug at reach just in case you show up.
((Hugs))

By Blogger MaR, at 1/13/2009 2:25 AM  

And thank you for the linky love, Melli!!!!

By Blogger MaR, at 1/13/2009 2:26 AM  

Dear Melli, I am sending you a big "hug" your way!! I could feel that you were not your self and I pray you will spring back to the Melli we love!!!

I love the last shot of the moon..I have to take tons of pictures to find one that I like .... my camera does the same thing.. looks great through the lens, but comes out crappy when printed!!

I have not had my coffee yet.. off to the kitchen.. love ya, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 1/13/2009 8:45 AM  

Will do -- pray that is -- have done, actually, but will continue.

I agree with Dr, John -- there are cameras and then there are cameras -- with special nifty (and expensive) lenses and such.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/13/2009 1:54 PM  

Melli, this is my simple comment:

I think this a great and then Good Night
--- at 1:39 am here

By Blogger TorAa, at 1/14/2009 7:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home