.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, January 26, 2009

Macro Monday - Flames

Macro Monday is hosted at Lisa's Chaos



Yesterday we were over at Amanda & Mathew's apartment -- Mathew's birthday you know! They're getting used to me taking 40 billion pictures of things they never think twice about... and I was at it again. Amanda had these candles ....

... sitting on the coffee table.

I was playing around and decided to try getting a MACRO of the
flame on one...

Dennis started worrying that I was going to melt my camera...

This was about the best of the bunch.
I was using the super-macro which meant that my lens
truly was almost touching the flame. Of course,
flames are ALWAYS wiggling... so it's very hard
to actually macro them without a flash.
But using a flash ruins the flame!
Very tricky business!
But it was fun!

Of course, LATER we had these flames!



19 comment(s):

Lovely candles and I could use some of that cake.... ;)

Happy belated birthday!:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2009 12:19 PM  

A heated photo !

By Blogger Mamapippa ..., at 1/26/2009 12:24 PM  

One of my friends almost had her lens in her coffee trying to do a macro of it! I'm not sure what would happen if you come too close to the flames?
That cake makes me hungry Melli!! Did you bake it yourself?

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/26/2009 12:32 PM  

Wow Melli, you did get close to the flame!! A great shot...I am glad the birthday boy had fun and a wonderful looking cake... Hugs, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 1/26/2009 12:59 PM  

Love the middle photo.

By Blogger Jan, at 1/26/2009 1:01 PM  

That is a beautiful picture!! I would not know how to do that..but you do it great!!
Not much going on here today!! It is a dreary old day...but we are both good so that is wonderful..

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 1/26/2009 1:17 PM  

A photographer is blessed with lot of beauty by looking at details.
Nice photos. :)

By Blogger FO - 2, at 1/26/2009 1:25 PM  

Beautiful candles macro and fun birthday cake. :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 1/26/2009 1:25 PM  

Never have tried to capture a flame...now you've inspired me to try!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2009 1:30 PM  

That is a beautiful picture...the one that is so close to the flame. Did you notice the reflection in the birthday boy's glasses from the candles on the cake :)

It is a slow day here and coolish and there may be ice on the way again. Something about ice and my knitting group. Ha!

By Blogger Amber Star, at 1/26/2009 2:52 PM  

Yummy looking cake, and great candle pictures. We too had a birthday celebration this week.

By Blogger Family Man, at 1/26/2009 3:06 PM  

Thank you for your kind words for both Janet and me.

By Blogger Maribeth, at 1/26/2009 3:50 PM  

Ha! Gotta love family members who worry about our cameras. I'd say you did a darn good job of catching that flame in digital!

By Blogger EG CameraGirl, at 1/26/2009 4:25 PM  

That makes for an intriguing picture!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2009 4:52 PM  

Good flame pictures . I like the flames on the cake.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 1/26/2009 6:22 PM  

I like the flames too..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2009 9:24 PM  

I don't know about how to take super-macro but interesting flame pictures.
How well did the blowing out the flames and makeing a wish go?

By Blogger bettygram, at 1/26/2009 10:05 PM  

MAtthew probably had more heat coming off his birthday cake then the fireplace puts out in an hour!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2009 10:15 PM  

These are great Melli!
Do you have a macro lens or just a setting on your camera?

The photo of Mathew in the previous post in his glasses reminds me of a policeman. :)

By Blogger Carletta, at 1/27/2009 1:16 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home