Another Day ... Another Dilemma
THANK YOU so much to those who mentioned to me that I could paint the trim white and bring out the obviousness of my sandy color. *smacks head* I could have had a V8! Nooooooo... the problem with that solution -- and do not think I haven't thought of it -- but the PROBLEM with it is that I don't want that "tailored" look that painting the trim a different color gives. I've HAD that for the last millenium and I'm going for something different. Something SUBTLE. I just wanted my "subtle" to be a little more obvious! ROFL! So no... I don't think I'll be poppin' out the white paint anytime soon. I MAY use some white in my decorating... but I'm really trying to stay away from white at all. White is very stark and I just want everything very soft and muted and calm. The color is starting to grow on me... and I'm bringing in a darker (camel color) wall in the living room again - and it will frame the foyer which will make the foyer look even LIGHTER, I know... But somehow I know this will all come together and be fabulous when it's done! It always is! And indeed, I did FINISH the living room today -- but it's not decorated the way I want it yet... so pictures will be awhile. I'm too busy painting to go search things down to decorate with --- but I did have a BRAIN STORM this evening that Dennis is just rolling his eyes over... but I'm excited! Nope. No hints! You'll just have to wait and see.Krysti got home this afternoon - and actually helped me paint for a wee bit. She and I are going to tackle the family room tomorrow - and maybe even the hallway! We'll see... The family room is currently "gold", and I'm not priming it before I paint... so we'll seeeeeee how that gold affects the sandy color paint! And now we've decided that we REALLY like the darker wall too... so we'll probably do one of them in there as well! LOL! What plan am I on now? B? C? D? Hehehe....
Ohhhhhhhhh okay... ONE picture from today...
Krysti applies the first coat to the camel colored wall.HMMMM.... I just realized that the "tomorrow" of which
I speak is actually today - and it is
Friday, the 13th!
I wonder if I should paint or not???
LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MORNING (nearly afternoon) Update:
No... I am NOT a superstitious person! But it IS ironic that I woke up about 2 hours late this morning! (9:53 to be exact!) As I stepped out of bed I noticed Vada's car coming down the driveway, and by the time I reached my bedroom door she was coming IN the front door - and her mouth was already in motion and at full speed! (i do not listen fast first thing...) I quickly got she and Mom upstairs to do Mom's shower and came down to make coffee. I had just poured my first cup when I saw Merry Maids in the driveway! UGH! I was NOT ready for THEM yet either! I put down my coffee and went to clean the litter box. (before my coffee???) And then to empty the dishwasher and get the few things in the sink out of the sink so they could clean the kitchen! The good news is they are almost done and I will begin painting the family room within the hour. However... my darling daughter who promised to help is in the shower getting ready to go meet a friend for lunch! LOL! That's okay... I've made do without her thus far... I will soldier on! And tonight we are going to Amanda's to watch The Secret Life of Bees on video! YAY!!!
No... I am NOT a superstitious person! But it IS ironic that I woke up about 2 hours late this morning! (9:53 to be exact!) As I stepped out of bed I noticed Vada's car coming down the driveway, and by the time I reached my bedroom door she was coming IN the front door - and her mouth was already in motion and at full speed! (i do not listen fast first thing...) I quickly got she and Mom upstairs to do Mom's shower and came down to make coffee. I had just poured my first cup when I saw Merry Maids in the driveway! UGH! I was NOT ready for THEM yet either! I put down my coffee and went to clean the litter box. (before my coffee???) And then to empty the dishwasher and get the few things in the sink out of the sink so they could clean the kitchen! The good news is they are almost done and I will begin painting the family room within the hour. However... my darling daughter who promised to help is in the shower getting ready to go meet a friend for lunch! LOL! That's okay... I've made do without her thus far... I will soldier on! And tonight we are going to Amanda's to watch The Secret Life of Bees on video! YAY!!!







11 comment(s):
wishing you well on the painting. Friday the 13 is just like any other day it could be good it could be bad so paint if you want.
By
bettygram, at
2/13/2009 12:40 AM
Go ahead ! Friday brings luck too ! you want me to send over Kim, she is the black cat here in our house.
By
Ingrid, at
2/13/2009 4:00 AM
The day will be what you make of it -- but I know you already know that!
By
Anonymous, at
2/13/2009 4:51 AM
OOOOOOOO! Better be careful!! I'm enjoying the painting saga. Can't wait for the next installment!
I have a question....how did you put the box on your blog that is between your header and your posts? Warren wants to do something like that for his blog so he can have something that always stays at the top. Thanks!
By
Jane, at
2/13/2009 11:41 AM
Maybe you needed the extra sleep. That's what I tell myself, anyway, when I oversleep. :-) Hope you have a great day of painting!
By
Anonymous, at
2/13/2009 12:01 PM
I love the camel wall! With one darker wall and whatever decorations to bring out the color it will come together wonderfully Melli.
I have a friend whose birthday is today - Friday the 13th.
By
Carletta, at
2/13/2009 12:36 PM
But if you watch "The Secret Life of Bees" will it really be a secret anymore?
You darling daughter probably called 3 friends before she found one that would get her out of the house - LOL.
I like wha your've done so far!
By
OMH, at
2/13/2009 2:23 PM
I love your painting saga. Remind me to tell you about the time Betty and I painted the trim on the outside of the parsonage in Crystal Falls. It almost got me fired by the Church Board. The color looked so good on that little chip.
My wife would consider somebody coming to clean good luck not bad.
Enjoy the movie.
By
Dr.John, at
2/13/2009 5:21 PM
I hate it when I oversleep!! It makes me run behind on everything for the rest of the day, and my days are always too short as it is anyway!!
That one dark wall will work well, I'm sure of that!
Enjoy your weekend Melli!
By
Jientje, at
2/14/2009 2:52 AM
I’m off to Berlin. Wish me luck! I’ll be posting daily, but not sure if I will be able to comment much.
Bye!
By
Maribeth, at
2/14/2009 7:33 AM
I have not seen Secret Life of Bees. Did you like it? It's absolutely one of my FAVORITE books ever! The painting is coming along. I love your creativity. Why not come to FL and you can help me perk up my place when you're done!!
:-)
By
Susan, at
2/15/2009 7:54 PM
Post a comment
<< Home