.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bye-bye Neenah...

Elmer & Ella watching TV together...
they sure are gonna miss each other.

Mom & I will be heading out momentarily. Off to our next adventure. I know we are stopping in Milwaukee for a little bit -- I am on special assignment there from my hubby! From there I have not decided where we are going. Today, I am following my nose! Or maybe we'll follow Ella's nose!

I do want you all to know, that after our dismal start here in Neenah, Mom settled down and had a GREAT time... and Dr. John assured me last night that she really ISN'T as bad as I think -- or that I don't think. I just only tell the really bad or really FUNNY stuff... but most of the time, she's fine... and just goes along with whatever is going on -- and really is HAPPY to have something going on! She HAS had fun this week! And so have I!

Now I'm off. I'll see ya when I see ya!

Labels:

10 comment(s):

Drive safe! Enjoy yourself! Keep those flashing blue lights out of your rearview mirror!

By Anonymous quilly, at 4/29/2009 1:29 PM  

Don't speed. Take good care of "Mom". Know that you touched our lives and are already missed.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 4/29/2009 1:44 PM  

Hope you have a safe trip!

I think one of the things that can make things with your mom feel worse is having the weight of responsibility for her. Kind of like with kids -- I used to get so embarrassed when they'd misbehave, when I wouldn't have noticed their behavior if they had not been mine, and then it was reassuring to be around other moms and realize they were normal for their age.

Plus, with kids -- there is every expectation things will improve as they mature. With parents -- it's only going to get worse.

I am glad she did settle down and enjoy herself and wasn't thrown off any further by the new surroundings and situation. It's good you can take her with you. My mil not only has mobility problems but dislikes going out, even when she is bored at her place. Her newest thing is saying, "At 80 years old, I could have a heart attack at any time." Even though she's never had heart trouble. The other day I responded, "If you do, does it really matter where it happens?"

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 4/29/2009 2:06 PM  

Safe travels...and don't let the "blues" appear in your rear view mirror. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2009 2:22 PM  

Miss you gals. The weather is not too bad, great for driving.

By Blogger bettygram, at 4/29/2009 3:58 PM  

Drive safely and no speeding!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 4/29/2009 4:47 PM  

Take care and like everyone says...drive safely. I miss you and you are still posting more than I am. :)

See ya when I see ya...if you get to Texas or even OK...let me know. I'll meet ya.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 4/29/2009 11:24 PM  

Have fun, enjoy your holiday and drive safely!!
Postcards cheered me up yesterday, beautiful postcards!!!
:D

By Blogger MaR, at 4/30/2009 11:24 AM  

Consider Spain if you still haven't decided where to go next after Milwaukee!!

By Blogger MaR, at 4/30/2009 11:26 AM  

Be careful on your way back to this coast.

By Blogger Nessa, at 4/30/2009 6:09 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home