On The Road Again...
Okay... so the thing about cheap motels who offer FREE internet ... is that their signal is so weak that they don't actually deliver the product! And they're disgusting t'boot! So right now I am sitting in aYesterday our travels didn't get us very far. We spent most of the day searching for Harley Davidson Power Train Plant in all sorts of places where it wasn't -- and then accidentally stumbled across it where it was. Dennis's t-shirts are IN THE BAG! Then we went to the Milwaukee Zoo. Didn't see much. I don't like to go INSIDE to see animals in cages, and most of them were not outside in their not as bad as some but not good outdoor habitats either. I did get some good shots of the peacocks that live in the zoo but are free to roam as they please. I guess they don't fly due to heavy tailage... so they live a free life within a LARGE confined area... being the whole zoo. The weather was grayish but not raining and not really cold, so I couldn't figure out why more weren't out. We did see some camels (very sad looking camels) and some rhinos. The monkey's seemed happy. At least the ones outdoors.
After the zoo we spent some time trying to find downtown on the water. It got MUCH easier when I realized that all those signs for Lakeside actually MEANT Beside Lake Michigan! LOL! I kept seeing the signs and just thought Lakeside was a town that I didn't want to go to... *sigh*... what I'd DO for a brain! Or even a piece of one... So I finally got to see Lake Michigan - and even took pictures... but I didn't get to explore that wOnderful (looking) art museum that I was hoping to... WHY do museums always close at 5:00? Is there NO one besides me that would love to visit a museum AFTER dinner? Or even SKIP dinner in favor of it? Apparently I am the only one... I'm hoping to hit Indianapolis BEFORE they roll up the carpets today...but I don't know... we seem to be travelling through a typhoon. I am utterly convinced that the midwest is really the rainforest without the forest.
Well... if I want to get there at all, I guess I have to get back in the car. I'd RATHER stay here and play all day... but HOPEFULLY I'll find a hotel with a good connection tonight and come visit then. *crosses fingers*
Love to you all! (thanks for visiting me even though I'm neglecting you all! You are great friends!)
Labels: Neenah Trip







10 comment(s):
Well, if you'd just go home and quit all this adventuring, you'd know just where to find the internet signal at any given moment! ;)
Why did Dennis send you all the way to Milwaukee for t-shirts available at most Harley dealerships and online?
By
quilly, at
4/30/2009 2:04 PM
I'm so loving this adventure. I didn't know it was that rainy back there either. But it seems to be following. I think Quilly is jealous of this journey myself LOL
By
Anonymous, at
4/30/2009 2:12 PM
I've loved reading about you and Mom vs the world! How wonderful! And we all got to meet Dr. John and his lovely Mrs. to boot!
Back to the Puppy Nursery!
By
Maribeth, at
4/30/2009 4:07 PM
Traveling is always a surprise. Just go with the flow.
By
Nessa, at
4/30/2009 6:07 PM
I hope the rain stop. Glad you found the place for Dennis.
By
Dr.John, at
4/30/2009 6:18 PM
If you keep having things you missed seeing, you might have a reason to have a return trip.
By
bettygram, at
4/30/2009 6:38 PM
I've enjoyed your adventures a lot. I'm with Quilly about the t-shirts, but figure they are extra special since the are from the real deal factory.
Drive safely and sleep well.
By
Amber Star, at
4/30/2009 11:49 PM
Melli, your road trip with Mom has been amazing! People who have had no exposure to Alzheimer's have no idea what you have accomplished! You are my hero!!
By
Kathy, at
5/01/2009 5:31 PM
P.S. What is Ella's next adventure?
By
Kathy, at
5/01/2009 5:33 PM
I would have thought the animals would have been more active on such a day, too. We haven't gone in ages but used to take the kids when they were little, and always found the animals more active when it was overcast and not hot.
Funny about the Lakeside signs!
By
Barbara H., at
5/01/2009 10:11 PM
Post a comment
<< Home