.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Poem A Day -- Day 15

Today's assignment was to take a poem by another poet (famous) and change the title and then write your poem to the new title. We could COPY the poem form if we so desired - but we did not have to. (I desired)

Shoes and Keys


Shoes, keys, to car and let's go!
Out on the road through rain or snow
Brightens my day to be going you know?

*chorus* "Shoes, keys, to car and let's go!"

Ride through the city, hear the horns blow
Many are anxious, their anger to show
To the Sunday Driver who's moving too slow

*chorus* "Shoes, keys, to car and let's go!"

Out to the country, pass cornfields by row
Farmers so proud of the seed they did sow
Thankful for rain, and the sun; not the crow

*chorus* "Shoes, keys, to car and let's go!"

Down highway and byway we'll head without woe
With praise music playing on the old radio
And my back-seat-driver humming real low

*chorus* "Shoes, keys, to car and let's go!"



The original poem was Boot and Saddle, by Robert Browning

Boot, saddle, to horse, and away!
Rescue my Castle, before the hot day
Brightens the blue from its silvery grey,

(Chorus) "Boot, saddle, to horse, and away!"

Ride past the suburbs, asleep as you'd say;
Many's the friend there, will listen and pray
"God's luck to gallants that strike up the lay,

(Chorus) "Boot, saddle, to horse, and away!"

Forty miles off, like a roebuck at bay,
Flouts Castle Brancepeth the Roundheads array:
Who laughs, Good fellows ere this, by my fay,

(Chorus) "Boot, saddle, to horse, and away!"

Who? My wife Gertrude; that, honest and gay,
Laughs when you talk of surrendering, "Nay!
I've better counsellors; what counsel they?"

(Chorus) "Boot, saddle, to horse, and away!"

Labels:

6 comment(s):

Your poem was absolutely great! So much fun and an excellent copy.

By Blogger Nessa, at 4/15/2009 3:21 PM  

Very clever!! I got to hand it to you Melli, you are a true poet!

By Blogger Jientje, at 4/15/2009 3:41 PM  

I loved it.
You did good.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 4/15/2009 5:54 PM  

I liked it. It was cute.

By Blogger Ordinarily Just Me, at 4/15/2009 6:43 PM  

I'd not heard of that poem by Frost. You captured the spirit and rhythm of it very well.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 4/16/2009 12:26 AM  

I had never read that poem! Thanks for sharing -- and you sure did a great job of mimicking it.

By Anonymous quilly, at 4/16/2009 1:15 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home