.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Poem A Day - Day 16

Our assignment today from Poetic Asides is to pick a color, make it our title and write about it. I don't really have a favorite color - but I always SAY it's orange - because it matches my hair. So I chose orange!


Orange

Spring's wild lillies
Orioles in the ball park
or in the trees
Entertainment for me.

Summer's sun setting
Juicy sweet peaches
or a popsicle
Dripping down my chin

Autumn leaves
Pumpkins on the vine
or in pies
A feast for tongue and eyes.

Winter hearths glow
Sweet candied yams
or orange slices
Warm childhood memories.

Labels:

7 comment(s):

Orange is not one of my favorite colors....but I do like a lot of the things mentioned. Good job at evoking some of those memories! I can almost feel the popsicle dripping down my chin and see the autumn scenes.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 4/16/2009 12:37 PM  

Someday I will write one poem as good as yours.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 4/16/2009 1:59 PM  

Very Good Melli, we aren't even into Summer yet and you got me thinking about Autumn and Winter. hehehehe

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/16/2009 3:55 PM  

whenever i see orange i think of my oldest daughter... as a child she *adored* anything orange☺

thanks so much for coming to visit my blog this afternoon.

By Blogger Diane Shiffer, at 4/16/2009 5:37 PM  

Sounds much like autumn but I like it!

By Blogger Jientje, at 4/16/2009 5:55 PM  

MMMMmmmmm, your poem is so yummy. Very nice.

By Blogger Nessa, at 4/16/2009 8:58 PM  

This is absolutely marvelous Melli. Orange...all done in orange...and I can actually smell the pumpkin spice. Mmmmmm.

By Anonymous Hootin' Anni, at 4/17/2009 8:57 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home