IDIOM Wednesday... Catching Up! ... and stuff.
Jientje has come up with a new Photo challenge for us. It runs alphabetically, and involves idioms. We have to choose an idiom to represent each letter of the alphabet, and then take a picture that "represents" the idiom. I hope I got this right. I didn't get to play last week and I only had time to visit a few players - so I'm not altogether positive that I've got it - but I think I'm close anyway! If you'd like to give this a try, just post your idiom and picture and then let Jientje know! It's NEVER too late to jump in there!!!
A is for Against The Clock...If you're working against the clock you have a
limited time in which to complete your task.
(my litte guys are against the clock)
B is for Breaking The IceWhen a new "group" gets together for the first time
they make introductions and tell a little something about
themselves to begin the process of getting to know each other.
This is breaking the ice...
C is for Can't Cut The MustardIf you can't cut the mustard, you don't measure up.
You're not up to the challenge placed before you.
D is for Down in the MouthIf you are down in the mouth you are sad,
low in spirits, or depressed.
Yay! Now I am caught up!
I should be able to handle it from here on out.
Thanks Jientje!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not much going on around here... I got all the laundry done Monday from being away. And then had my Bible study. We will be finishing up Ruth & Esther next week and voted to do Judges next. We almost always do studies from the Lifelight series - but the group was not really happy with this past study, so we weren't sure what to do. But Dawn ordered one copy of the Lifelight study on Judges and looked through it - she said this one is okay! So we will stick with them! Tuesday I got the grocery shopping done. I'm still TIRED from my trip. Mom has been getting up early everyday since we've been home. Grrrrr! I couldn't GET her up early while we were away - and now when I want to sleep in, she's up early! Yesterday she was UP before Dennis even left for work! That is waaaaaaaay too early! HE sent her back to bed! The problem is she goes to bed too early when she's here! While we were away, she was staying out with me and being a night owl. But here, Dennis puts her to bed when he goes at 9:00. So of course she's ready to be up early... *sigh* I've decided I'm not going ANYWHERE today... it might even be a JAMMY day! And I'm going to try to get a NAP this afternoon... naps are good...
Labels: Idioms







15 comment(s):
Great idioms Melli and I'm so glad you caught up. Get rested up. Poor mom...maybe her internal clock is just messed up from the trip :) Aloha
By
Anonymous, at
5/06/2009 4:14 AM
I love your "A" -- way cute! And you did a great job presenting all of your letters. I'm glad you didn't break the plate when you broke that ice. And you've certainly proven that you CAN cut the mustard!
By
quilly, at
5/06/2009 4:18 AM
You were busy with those idioms, Melli. I didn't know the ones with C and D!
Hope you can get that much deserved nap this afternoon. Coffee will be ready at my place when you wake up. Happy wednesday!
Oh, my idioms are now posted
By
MaR, at
5/06/2009 4:18 AM
Indeed you DID cut the mustard, Quilly is right!! Those are the cutest pictures I've seen so far, Your A made me chuccle and your B made me giggle, C is a class act, and D ... awwww, the poor guy!! But was he depressed because you were gone ...or ..? Just asking? ROFL!!! You are so resourceful, those are great!! You got it all right, and you're caught up as well!
Mom will get back to normal once you're home a little longer, I hope. In the mean time, enjoy your jammie day!!
By
Jientje, at
5/06/2009 6:22 AM
Terrific idiom pictures. I want a nap and I just woke up.
By
Nessa, at
5/06/2009 6:22 AM
wake up and smell the coffeeProv. Try to pay attention to what's going on.
----------------------
Oh, Melli, I didn't think of finding a coffee idiom,you are right, so here's one for you, have a happy day :)
By
MaR, at
5/06/2009 6:50 AM
I love 'down in the mouth'. If it weren't so early in the a.m.----I could put one of these down the mouth and gulp away!
I know I won't have time to do it this time, but the alphabet challenge looks like a great idea.
Happy Wednesday dear Melli.
By
Hootin Anni, at
5/06/2009 8:24 AM
I should have posted a cat nap for you ! So you are back to the old routine ! Love the down in the mouth picture of Dennis, lol ! His nose is already red !
By
Ingrid, at
5/06/2009 9:37 AM
You did great on the idioms! I was hoping to catch up today, but it's a busy week: cleaning, company coming, then Jason's graduation. Maybe next week!
I am planning on a nap today, too!
By
Barbara H., at
5/06/2009 10:09 AM
Yesterday was a jammy day for me and I did get a nap and it was good. Today I have to get busy instead of messing with this computer all day. Hope you get to rest today.
By
Amber Star, at
5/06/2009 11:11 AM
Very nice Melli, you did well at catching up.
Glad you liked the Cowsills video. This was when they were just youngsters.
Did you know the Partridge Family was based on the Cowsills.
Later
By
Anonymous, at
5/06/2009 2:33 PM
Yes, naps are very good!
By
Maribeth, at
5/06/2009 3:40 PM
You do so good with the type of challenge. I just loved the illustrations.
Be thankful Mom does as well as she does.
By
Dr.John, at
5/06/2009 3:52 PM
Both very clever- especially the cutting the mustard.
By
Cindy, at
5/06/2009 7:42 PM
I am feeling the need for a Jammy day myself!
By
PJ, at
5/07/2009 9:51 AM
Post a comment
<< Home